TTC #2, o'ing mid-January, first cycle!

Yeah... Though for all doctors say about it being hard to conceive when older, I definitely know lots of older women who didn't have any problems. My mom was 37 with me and 39 with my brother, and got pregnant first try both times. And my friend was 43 when she had her youngest daughter, and she didn't have any help medically at all! But It's hard when you feel like you're running against the clock. I'm sure if it's what you both want, it will happen for you. :)

Yeah I know what you mean re age. My mum had an early menopause at some time before 40. We can't say when exactly because she was on the pill and so only knew when she came off. It scares me a bit if I'm honest. Hopefully this is a sticky bean though then I don't need to worry. Obviously the age at which you can have kids varies from person to person though, the problem is there's no way to know where you personally fall on the spectrum.

My Mum had early menopause in her mid-thirties so this scares me ALOT!!!

Justplay hopefully the more painful afs mean they are back to normal!

I know someone who started menopause at 27! So did her mom. Could you imagine?? Good thing she had a child and didn't want more.

Lite, that's what I'm hoping! I'll totally take the extra pain and suffering if it means I'll be ovulating for real!

My aunt had two kids and 40 and 42, so don't worry it can happen!!!

Any BFP's for anyone? I am currently in the TWW I am supposed to start March 5th. I have been crampy on an off a few days now, so we will see! I am currently breastfeeding my almost 11 month old so not sure if I am ovulating or not!

Ughhh. I really want AF to arrive at this point, but actually doing the math right and assuming my cycle lengthens by one day every time, she isn't due until tomorrow. BOOOOO. :growlmad:

I just want :witch: to get here already so I can start over! I've always had crazy cycles, but before I wasn't TTC, so it didn't bother me. Now that I realize it's not normal to have ever-lengthening cycles, I'm starting to worry about my chances of actually being able to get pregnant. I know I did once, but now I'm (probably irrationally) worried it was just some weird fluke! I suppose if I'm not pregnant by October when I have my yearly visit, I'll mention it to my doctor.

Sorry for ranting. I'm having a difficult day regarding TTC. It's always hard when you know AF is coming, but she hasn't showed yet. :(

:hug: just play it can take a while for some cycles to get back to some normality after a baby

So DS has tonsilitus :( not fun poor baby

Justplay- How old is your baby? Mine is 11 months and my period returned when he was 6 months old then disappeared till 9 months and I noticed each time from then it was never on a schedule, it was all over the place and mostly longer than before! Do you still breastfeed too? I heard that has to do a lot with our cycles as well!

Twag, thanks. I know it can take awhile. I'm okay with that; I want my body to be fully ready to take house another baby and I don't want to rush it... I'm mostly just worried because before I got pregnant with Kai and before I was on the pill, I had really weird cycles. They would get longer every month, and now they seem to be doing that again. I have endometriosis, but was told by my last doctor that that shouldn't affect my cycles like that. Who knows? :shrug: But I got pregnant with my son, so I shouldn't really be worried. I'm sorry your little one has tonsillitis! Does he get it often? I got it a lot when I was a kid, and now I wish I'd had them removed, as apparently the surgery to do so when you're an adult is much worse! I hope he gets better fast. Lots of cold things help when I have tonsillitis. :)

Amolecchi, my LO is 6 months old. My period returned in November. I am not breastfeeding anymore, but I did breastfeed for the first 2 months. My doctor said it can take up to 6-9 months after ceasing breastfeeding for cycles to return to normal, and I'm definitely still in that window, so I'll try not to worry for now.

Justplay AF arrive yet? Still crossing my fingers for a bfp for you!

Twag sick babies are no fun :hugs:

Aww, thanks Lite. No af yet. I had a BFN a few days ago, and I have some pretty bad cramps + backache, so I'm pretty sure she's coming. I would certainly take a bfp, though!

This is his first real illness other than the usual colds and it is a bad case apparently :(

Sorry hear your little one is sick twag. My little guy had an ear infection last week and was clearly in agony. It's heartbreaking to see them like that and exhausting. My period returned exactly a month after I gave birth despite the fact I was breast feeding at the time. It's been a lot longer cycle wise though, since I had ds.

My cycles returned the day I moved him into his own room at 6.5 months buy I kept breastfeeding until 9 months :shrug: they were completely back on track (not sure about O but 28 days long) except last cycle and this one (oh since ttc dohh)

AF arrived last night. She's a mean one this month! I bet I'll ovulate this month, though. Seems like my good old periods are back! Lol. At least it's Saturday and OH is looking after LO so that helps.

one and only time I wil day I am glad that af is being a :witch: as hopefully your cycles are back :dust:

No sign of her :wacko: and I feel normal too slight cramps on and off but nothing else :shrug:
Dh said last night shouldn't you have had af by now (he knows my cycles lol) and I said no she is late he didn't freak out and was actually almost excited we agreed to leave a few days then test as could just be messing with me!

Now itching to test as I have loads of ICs but have seen a lot of evaps around lately on here so nervous :shrug:

Only time I have ever been late was when I was pregnant with DS :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"