ttc after a d&c

Lisa, during my whole pregnancy with Sophia I had uterine cramps. I could never get an answer as to why. My theory is that my Uterus was very tender after the d&c. I got pregnant soon after d&c, just like you. I had the d&c August 1st and was pregnant again by October 5th. I only had 1 af between both pregnancies. I imagine that every week counts and that my uterus probably wasn't completely healed yet. If I would have waited 3 months that probably would have made a difference. Right when I got my positive pregnancy test, soon after I started cramping and I spotted also. I got brown spotting (it was terrifying for me) that eventually turned into bright red spotting. Thank God it eventually stopped at almost 8 weeks. So I spotted for 3 weeks. I didn't spot again (only right before I hit 37 weeks I bled and had to have emergency induction the next day) but the cramping in my uterus and lower back cramps lasted throughout my pregnancy and towards the end of my 2nd trimester the cramping eased up a lot then it started again once I hit about 34 weeks pregnant. I think it is pretty common to have af like cramps during pregnancy after a mc or d&c. I think the best way to reassure yourself is to make an appointment with the doc, maybe get an early ultrasound? :hugs:

Leslie i hope u have a great birthday no matter outcome. U deserve to! But fxd u get a great bday gift. :dust:
Lisa perfect! Im so happy for you!! Sticky vibes your way<3
Laura i hope simon can get of med and everything turns out for best<3
Angel Jess Amy hi<3

never fails just turned pump on zoey woke up. Gotta get her before she works herself.

Thank you very much for your story Jess. The bleeding would have been terrifying. Did you get a lot of test at the time?
Do you know if the late bleeding and subsequently the induction were related to the pains and bleeding at the start? did they offer any explanation?
I waited two periods but i wasnt 100% certain the everything was fully healed but the doctors told me everything was normal. My body seems to be very sensitive with everything to do with baby making.

Thanks Jen. Its amazing how fast they learn! Enjoy her!! :)

Thank you very much for your story Jess. The bleeding would have been terrifying. Did you get a lot of test at the time?
Do you know if the late bleeding and subsequently the induction were related to the pains and bleeding at the start? did they offer any explanation?
I waited two periods but i wasnt 100% certain the everything was fully healed but the doctors told me everything was normal. My body seems to be very sensitive with everything to do with baby making.

Thanks Jen. Its amazing how fast they learn! Enjoy her!! :)

The early pregnancy bleeding did terrify me. I was always expecting to miscarry, but I didn't. The only explanation they could give me was a possible small subchorionic hematoma (a small bleed between the placenta and uterine lining). Of course this scared the heck out of me because docs told me that my last miscarriage could have been caused by the placenta not attaching to my uterus correctly and I also had a subchorionic hematoma with that pregnancy. I don't think the late bleeding or induction had anything to do with the early bleeding. Towards the end of my pregnancy I started swelling a lot and my blood pressure started shooting up so I am thinking that possibly I had a partial placental abruption (this is why they induced me). But the pathology came back normal and they didn't find any abnormalities, so I may not ever know what happened. Oh, and I also think my body is just very sensitive when it comes to baby making and pregnancy also.

Leslie im so sorry. :hug: come on august cycle... makes for may/june baby. What will ur plan be this cycle. I know ull fall pregnant soon. Stay positive and enjoy ur bday. Do something fun u couldnt of done if u where pregnant maybe?

Bethany hope ur feeling better and ur nesting is going well. Also praying ur sisters doing better and ur kitty<3

Angel with everyday passing ur getting closer to full term :) so excited<3

Amy how are you today? So glad ur not around coworker since its wkend. Hope u and dh are up to something fun!

Laura simons great sleeper! Id worry if zoey sleeps past 4hrs. Im gonna hsve chubby baby always offering her food when she wakes or acts hungry

Thanks Jen. Good news is my cycles are right on track.
Not sure the exact plan...any suggestions would be great. I will continue taking prenatal, folic acid, and calcium, decrease caffeine, artificial sweeteners, and medicine. I am going to use preseed, track from the period app. No OPKs or charting yet. I do need to eat better and exercise that's for sure. I guess I have somewhat of a plan.

Leslie sounds like a good plan. One good thing bethany told me about where softcups u can use the after bd to keep swimmers closer to cervix longer and even put a little preseed in cup before inserting. Idk if it was a luck but first month i used them and digital clear bluevopks i got pregnant. Sounds like u have a great plan. Biggest thing to do is relax and try not to think to much about getting pregnant. Easier said then done. Try getting a massage around ovulation time if u can or a pedi. Do stuff with hubby make it romantic so it eases the pressure off baby making. So glaf ur cycle is regular :)

Im sorry Leslie! :hugs:
Fingers crossed for next month. Maybe your body wasn't quite ready yet.

Thanks for the info again Jess. Makes me feel a bit better that the start and end difficulties were unrelated. They dont test us at all here to find out why a mc happened unless it happens more then 2-3 times in a row.

:hi: & :hugs: to everyone else!!

So sorry Leslie. FX for next month. Just like Lisa said, maybe your body wasn't ready yet. FX for a healthy lining ready for implantation next month! :hugs:

hi guys,
xxx

amy, thanks xx hope alls well honey xx, im gonna go stalk ur thread now :)

leslie sorry u think af but could be implantation ? hope so xxx
happy bday, hope ur doing something nice for urself xxx

lisa hurray for darker test xx

i has cramps too for ages this preg , mild though.
if proper pain get it checked hon xx

Thanks girls.
Laura, I am not sure how it can be implantation.AF due yesterday and came like clockwork. Much lighter today than it should be but I am going to keep track. And thanks...bday is on 24th :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

sorry hon i thought u said u only got a speck, i missed where u said af came, sorry xxx
like lisa said maybe ur body isnt ready yet, u will be on track for next cycle now xxx
sorry af came .

hi and hugs toa ll xxx

Leslie, big :hugs: honey. AF sucks. My periods were all light for a while after my loss too. Hope yours starts to normal out soon! How are you feeling?

Lisa, cramping can be totally normal. I had AF like cramps this pregnancy all during the first tri :flower:

Amy, how are you doing dear?

Angel, you are so close :)

Laura, Jen and Jessica- update me on you girls and your babies!

Feeling better with my husband home. Sister is still on bed rest :(
Made some potato soup and a peanut butter pie and I am wiped.
Oh but we did get some more baby clothes and we ordered the travel system. Can't wait. Have every purchase planned out for the next few months. See my MFM on Tuesday and my OB on Wednesday. Hoping to get an actual date for my induction soon. And time to sign up for classes at the hospital.

Thanks Bethany. Feeling ok. My AF is being different. It seems as though it may be gone as of this morning so lasted a little over 2 days. I'm not complaining, just confused. The length of AF doesn't particularly affect CD and time I ovulate right?
DH said he would prefer to take things easy and BD when we want and not so much pressure. He is leaving it up to me though. I know when we relaxed about it last time I became pregnant.
Glad you are feeling better...hope your sister also feels better soon.

Happy Monday! How is everyone else?

Leslie generally not. But ovulation typically occurs mud cycle but can be earlier or later dependibg cycle length and our body. For example (i used clearblue digital opks) i had 29 day cycle. I had possitive opk cd 19. Not sure exatly what day ovulation occurred but it was aroubd 19-21 mybe. They say within 24-48hrs. Relaxed is best :)

Bethany so glad hubbys home with you. :hug: sorry ur sisters on bedrest i know how that feels :( how is she doing? I hope better. How exciting about baby items and clothing :) its so much fun isnt it! Plan is great. Your week so busy! Heres to great checkups :) how are you doing with everything happenibgv

Hi Girls!

Leslie, Im so sorry AF got you hun :( But thats a great thing that your cycle is back to normal. Maybe that means this next cycle will be it!!! :)

Bethany, glad that your hubby is home. I hope that your sister gets better soon and can be off of bed rest!

Lisa, cramping can be very normal in pregnancy. I hope that you are doing ok :)

:wave: to anyone Ive missed!

AFM~ Feeling a little blue but all in all ok :) Just dont know whats going on with my temps but hoping that af comes already so that I know where Im at. I hate not knowing what my body is doing!

Laura, jess, Jen, Angel.... :wave:

Leslie, I wouldn't worry too much about the length of this AF. It just didn't have as much lining to she'd this month. Doesn't mean that you won't ovulate or have an awesome lining next month.
What do you think you want to do in regards to BD? Are you wanting to relax on it and do it when you want? :flower:

Jen, afraid we won't know how she is doing until after the test on Friday :(
How is life with Zoey? :)

Amy, can't blame you for feeling blue. Telling AF to show for you! Know that you are ready to get a move on toward conceiving a rainbow :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->