TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

Me either, honey... I hate it. :( But, its one of the harsher sides of being in TTCAL. Even the hopeful threads have pain! :hugs:

Anyone in the UK on this thread going to the Fertility Show at Olympia on Fri 5th, 6th and 7th Nov? I have just seen there is a session on recurrent m/c on the fri, but i can't go. Anyone going and willing to share what they learn?

Fairy xx

Hope you're doing better Fairy!

Okay, update on clomid....so AF started early, this past Thursday in fact so I called my ob/gyn about starting on the clomid right away and the nurse said the dr wanted me to wait another cycle, so I told the nurse there is no clinical evidence of it being necessary to wait after a first tri MC and asked what was his reasoning. All I got was, "he just wants to".....just wants to, well that's not good enough for me! So I called up another office, got an apt for Friday and this dr was awesome! He completely agreed with me and wrote me a prescription for clomid AND progesterone suppositories for after I O in case my problem might actually be low progesterone and will keep me on it until wk 10 if I get PG!!!! My last ob stopped the progesterone at wk 8 (which is when the baby stopped growing) so I'm so happy for this new dr!

Oooh good luck Tigerlillies! Sounds like this doc actually listens.

AFM, well, feeling pretty low in myslef at the mo. But got an appt with my GP on tues, going to try and get a referral to a miscarriage clinic. Overhere, they usually expect you to have 3 mc before you get a referral, but if you are older (am 34) they can sometimes be persuaded. I figure if a referral goes in, then it turns out later we don't need it, then fair enough. I've been looking on dif sites, and it seems NHS expects you to have 3+ but any private clinics say you should be seen after 2, especially if one was after 10weeks (like my first). I think i just need to feel we are doing something to help ourselves.

Hope everyone else has been having a good weekend.

Fairy xx

Tiger...Can I make a small sugestion when it comes to progesterone? From what i can tell and what drs have told me, around week 12 is when the placenta takes over hormone production so if you might have a deficiency you need to stay on until week 12not 8 or 10. Just trying to help. Good luck.

Fairy, I hope you get that referral!!!!!! FX'd!!!

Chevelle, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely stress for the progesterone up to 12wks!!!

Chevelle- Hey there I know what you mean by staying detached with my last pregnancy my husband tried..... But I begged him to get involved , even my sistr stayed completely detached until we hit week 13 and then at week 15 the baby wa gone! Ughhhhh..... I keep telling everyine if I get pregnant again I am not going to tell anyone until I start to show that way I am the only one who has to hurt and worry! (sigh)

I know what you both mean. DH wants me to wait until I'm showing too. I honestly don't know if I could keep a secret that long, I'd probably cave and tell my patents at 13wks since that would be a milestone for me.

You are all way too nice. I've told my family that they're going to know whatever I know... If I suffer, they're suffering with me. If something goes wrong, I need that support. I get why you all want to wait, but I think its harder on you in the end... and you're the one that needs people to be there for you, ya know?

Yeah, you're right Meggs. Sometimes you need to know your family feels for you during one of the most vulnerable moments in our lives, even if it's to give you space it's important that they know why. And as I've written before, doesn't mean beans what DH and I say now, it would be hard for me to keep my PG from certain ppl.

We have told my mother and stepfather and sister whom we are very close with everytime including this one. That way we have a little support. I figure eventually no matter what I would tell them about the MCs anyway so why not while they can help.
I cant beleive you guys have had losses @ 13 and 15 weeks, just when you think your safe. So sorry. I just dont know what I would do. 6+1 was the farthest weve gone until now. Did eithe rof you guys find out what caused the mcs so late? We will be 13 weeks the weekend after thanksgiving so I had hopes of telling the world on Thanksgiving, but I was already nervous about it and now even more so...UGH!!!!
also..poor wifey is just covered with bruises on love handles from the lovenox injections, shes tough though and trying to stay positive.

Oh i forgot to tell you gals my cousin just recently anounced her newest pregnancy on FB @ 4 weeks, about 2 min after getting a BFP. LOL. I cant help but to shake my head, and think it must be nice to feel so carefree about it.

Why the numbers drop Megg? Who's had bad news today? Hugs to whoever they are.

Fairy xx

You know one more thing too. Technically this is a TTC thread, I was thinking maybe I shouldnt keep posting on here esspecially if we manage to get in second and third trimesters, but I just have to say Id like to just stay here if you guys would allow.. I just dont think we fit in with the "Im so happy Im pregnant, nothing could go wrong, because Im just that lucky" Crowd In the other threads. Im sure my cousin is in there Lol.

I'm sure no-one minds you staying Chevelle! It's good to see you and your wife doing well, and sharing the stresses and joys with you. Yeah, sure, there's the Pregnant After a Loss thread, but you gotta stay here too! Don't go!
Fairy xx

Chevelle, stay, we have so many women who started on this thread but once they got BFP's they still popped in so that is nothing new here.

I still pop in to check to see how everyone is doing, I don't think I would feel right if I didn't even though I wasn't always actively posting when I was in here, so most probably don't know me.

I like it when people stay! I love seeing people's success stories. There are a few whol have disappeared and I wish they would come back! LOL PLus you are quite entertaining Chevelle so we'd miss you if you left.

Megg- we went down by 4? What's going on?

I still pop in! Don't always post but am upset to see the number decreasing - who needs our hugs, Megg?

Chevelle, stay here but come and make yourself at home in the Pregnancy After Loss forum too - we have ZERO guys in PAL. There are also seasons threads for you to share worries and milestones with people at the same stage as you :flower:

Lots of love and :dust: all round xx

You're definitely welcome to stay, Chevelle! Its always nice to see our preggos! I think it helps lend even more hope seeing those tickers still going... especially when our numbers keep dropping lately. Please stick around! :hugs: Its also nice to have a guy! Another perspective we don't often see!

As far as telling people... I tried to keep it from friends the 2nd time, and then had to tell them why I was bursting into tears randomly. So, it was all the disappointment and none of the celebration. It seemed SO unfair! Maybe I'm just not strong enough to keep it to myself though.

The numbers dropping... We've had a few losses. :(

jenny25... I didn't have the strength to remove hers earlier, but she lost her little Jamie

Round2 and stardust22 both had MMC discovered only a few days ago... both on the same day, I believe

MinnieMone had her scan today showing blighted ovum

Most of them aren't active on the thread, but I am following them elsewhere. My heart breaks for each of them. I've also added Doodar to our list... She just lost her 1st at 6+1 after her 1st successful IVF. She went through hell and high water to get that BFP, and I'm gutted that it was taken from her. I've told her about our thread and asked her to stop by for support any time she needs it. But, I'd appreciate some healing thoughts sent to all the lovely ladies with new losses, even the ones that aren't active here. They're all very sweet and deserve so much better! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->