TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

Congrats Joey!!

.... pad's update... have spoken to Obs consultant and been referred to the Lister Hospital in London... anyone know anything about it other than it is mega expensive??

That is the clinic my Dr was going to refer me to & he has 2 children by IVF through that clinic, so it should be good :thumbup:. He also said it usually takes 2 or 3 attempts at about £4k each time to have a baby.

Fingers crossed it works quickly for you :hugs:

It usually takes 2-3 cycles? Really? What's their success rate per cycle?

Congrats Joey!!

.... pad's update... have spoken to Obs consultant and been referred to the Lister Hospital in London... anyone know anything about it other than it is mega expensive??

That is the clinic my Dr was going to refer me to & he has 2 children by IVF through that clinic, so it should be good :thumbup:. He also said it usually takes 2 or 3 attempts at about £4k each time to have a baby.

For Blastocyst tranfer it was 47% for my age range

Congrats Joey!!

For Blastocyst tranfer it was 47% for my age range

Hmm... I guess I never checked in specific age ranges or anything. I just knew that my clinic's success rate was 60% per cycle... but I suppose that included everyone. If I looked a breakdown, I bet 47% is actually really good! Makes sense that it changes.

I had a hard time finding this, phew...congrats to all the BFP's.

Congrats Joey!!

Thank Lynn and Megg... I know, I was looking at the prices last night and nearly passed out!! I know my Obs will fund the testing for me, but hell, it is a load of cash! don't know i could stretch to 2 or 3 times... we have decided that we will give it 1 try and if it doesn't work then we know we tried everything we could.:hugs:

I think for my age range it was 51%... not high... I saw a clinic in Spain that reckons it gets 70%...

Once is all it takes sometimes. If you're using quality eggs and sperm, they should make quality embryos. The drugs will do everything they can to make the baby as sticky as possible and give it everything it needs. My body hasn't even f*cked it up! :haha:

not been on this for a while, congrats on all the BFP & sorry for any losses :hugs:

AF arrived last week ... cant be doing with TTC anymore, just wait to see what happens..

im getting my hopes built up every month because my periods r always late , but there not really , my periods r just soo irregular now since my mc :/ so i dont even know when im ovulating :S

Good luck to those still waiting for ur BFP! sending :dust: ur way! :) :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

158??? Holy liftin!!!

On a sad note....my doggy is dying :( Hope noone minds if I am a moody cow for a few days

:hugs: Daniele! Sorry sweetie!

Oh no, Virginia!!! :hugs: I'm SOOOOOOOOOO sorry! I'd be a moody cow for longer than a few days... I can't imagine! :cry:

Oh VGibs, big hugs to you hunni!

My father passed away on Friday morning so me being hormonal too just ain't helping! My faith gets me through the rough bits and I smile when I think we all gathered on Twelfth Day to say goodbye to him which was the day the three kings first visited Jesus and is the beginning of Epiphany.

New era, new life. <<hugs>>

Sorry about your doggy VGibs, I can't image what kind of wreck I'd be when it's my dog's time. It's absolutely like losing a family member. :hugs:

M24, I'm terribly sorry about your dad, I have no idea what you could be going through right now. Even though you have faith which is absolutely wonderful, it still hurts, there's still a void. At least you're dad was blessed to know you were PG again, that had to make him very happy!

Ya...and she is 18 so we have had her almost as long as my sister has been alive. She is the toughest little mutt around. But we all kind of thought that this would be her last winter. When she didnt follow my dad to go cut wood last weekend, which is something she has done every weekend since she was a puppy we knew her time was coming soon.

awww such sad news all round... hugs to all.... whether you need them or not!!

Pad update.. have just called the Lister and got good news and bad news....

Good news... the upper age limit of 35 does not apply to known donors... so can use my sis...yay!!

Bad news..... using a known donor is more expensive... looking at 8-9K at the Lister... OMG nearly fell over in shock!!!

Gonna break it to Hubby and see if he wants to revise the idea of going abroad where I know someone is going already and are paying 5.5K....

Ooooo life... thanks for another kick in the guts!

Yep... i called the accounts guy and he said that I would pay for me and my sisters treatment... as opposed to a non known donor where you don't pay their treatment... plus all the meds... plus if we need ICSI that costs more... plus if we need emby transfer instead of blasties... omg on and on... more and more costs... the basic package for just me is 5450... plus my Sis... plus all the added on things...
Funny thing is when this all started our consultant said it would be 2.5k... so we thought... Ok we can handle that.. we could handle more, but 9K... I dunno...

Yeah, 9k is a lot. I got my statement from my clinic showing almost $17k pending insurance. I nearly died! We can't get IVF here for less than $10k really.

$10K is cheaper than 9GBP...maybe I should fly to the States lol...

I know you cannot put a price on a baby and I also know that losing them is absolutely soul crushing... but I also think we need to be a little sensible...

I feel like I am being given a massive hint .... you are not meant to have a baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->