TTC After Loss Buddy Wanted :-)

welcome angel and i am so sorry to hear about your losses, the women in here are the best out there.

Future... Are you on baby aspirin? I was on it during both miscarriages so not saying it is a magic cure.... But after miscarriage 2 they said to keep on taking it as all women that they refer for miscarriages are put on baby aspirin first thing. I'm still on it because my placenta was small with Megan and my possible iugr (growth restriction) with her. You could talk to your dr about it if you don't feel comfortable just trying without them saying.

Hiya thank you ladies for all the comments. Im just happy they feel as concerned as I do now :) I don't know what it is but I always find foreign doctors to be more professional and actually care about what's going on with you than the English doctors do?

These last couple of days iv been thinking a lot about my miscarriage and why it happened or the reasons it did and the more I thought about it, I remembered I had pelvic inflammatory disease a couple of years ago and I looked it up on Google and found that it can cause scarring to the uterus and tubes and in severe cases damage your ovaries. Luckily I didn't have it severely but Im thinking it may have caused some scarring and caused the miscarriage, as on this page I had read said scarring can cause it. So Im worrying now that if I am pregnant again Im going to miscarry again :/ :(

Hiya Angel welcome to the group and so sorry to hear of your loss

mrs CD, do you have your results from your blood test yet? has anyone heard from brooke?

Hello Angel, So sorry for your loss. You are more than welcome to join us!

kgriffin - not yet they told me it would be a week before they got the results in? :/ but think im going to ring up tomo and ask anyway?

mrs cd - def. ask tomorrow, it should take less than 24 hours for hcg, sounds like you are getting the run around.

Future - I have heard pineapple can help thicken lining but haven't had to try it and don't know if it works.. Google and see

Hi daisy- have been on baby asp for months .
looks like it helped you though. That's awesome

Mrs cd- they should have those results tomorrow. Wonder why it takes so long? You should ask then about scarring . If you do have some they can maybe try and correct with laparoscopy ? Not sure though

Kgriffin - how r u feeling?

Hope you r doing ok mirage

Angel - sorry for your losses and welcome!

hey hopeful - i am feeling okay thanks, just totally exhausted and i have been having crazy vivid dreams for weeks now!

So I phoned the doctors today and yes my results are in BUT they haven't tested my hcg levels at all they have tested my blood count, liver, thyroid levels, and my fertility but because the doctor hasn't looked at them they couldn't tell me the results. So now iv gotta wait till next week and don't understand why the doctor wants me to have a ultrasound if he doesn't think im pregnant? And a thyroid problem is the only thing I can think of that would stop my af?

Thanks Daisy and Hopeful- I'll have to look into both of those.
Welcome Angel :)

mrsCD - is there any way you could get a different Dr? If not (as it sounds like you are on a military base)? you should try and make a list of everything you want to ask them just so you don't forget, and then make them WRITE down all of the answers. My RE writes everything down for me as I need to re-read the notes. I used to not think too much about my appointments, now I come armed with a folder of things printed out and also have questions on paper.

at one appt, I had the list of what blood tests Dr Beer's group does (for RPL - recurring preg loss) and my RE checked off the ones I had done and there was just a couple that they didn't do (that I didn't really need to have done) and she added to it the tests I have had done that aren't on the list.

That was after my 4th m/c and was the first time I armed myself with info, printed out the result of every test I have had done, including all the blood draws (to see what hcg got up to and back down to during preg and m/cs, learn what my prog level was at the time, learned what my typically levels are CD3, etc). I have a HUGE folder of info. And I printed out any article on the internet I could find that I thought was similar to me so I could ask about any of those too.

I also went through every blood work result and compared it to the normal ranges. A couple of the results were borderline to the normal range, which I take into consideration although if the Dr reads it's "normal" it doesn't seem like it matter too much to them if it's "borderline normal." when in the end, if there is no explanation why you m/c, maybe that is something that should be noted because it's almost out of the normal range.

Make them list out a plan for you too. My RE had a plan that had 3 sections I think? immune issues was one section, uterine abnormalities was another, and bloodwork was another section (clotting issues, karyotypes, etc). I can't remember exactly as it's been since May, 2010 but she had details listed under the main categories and I was tested for every single one.

kgriffin - when is your u/s? i bet you are getting excited!

i dont have an appt for my ultrasound yet, just my first appt with my obgyn on oct 17, but i dont think she has an ultrasound in her office, hopefully i can get one soon afer, im anxious!!

mrs cd, your doctor sucks (sorry!) why wouldnt they check your hcg! That's insanity!

Thanks hopeful I will keep that in mind, iv been looking up alot on the internet. Im afraid to say, but the military doctors are alot better than the doctors we have on the NHS, but yes he sucks and im disappointed he didn't test my hcg levels

Welcome Angel.

MrsD, hope you will get the answers that you are looking for very soon.

Kate, thanks for being here.

Mirage, hope all is ok?

and how is everyone today?

I am cd16 and the opk are getting darker so it looks like I could be Oing pretty soon :). All that said I am also very nervous about it all.

twinkle, glad your opks are getting darker, i never got really dark ones, so not to worry, GET BUSY LADY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->