TTC Dieters thread

heya, I have updated the home page to now include 3 elements per dieter on the graph:
Ultimate weight loss goal
Mini weight loss goal
Total loss so far

I will update the graphs on a weekly basis as we all weigh in and will automatically update your minigoals for you based on the ones I have put on the mini goal list beneath the graph.. unless anyone wants to use different goal amounts in which case I will alter yours for you.

I'm feeling really positive for us all this week! :happydance: lets start to reach our first goal! :) I think that some of us at least will meet the first goal by our first weigh in!

fingers crossed and good luck to you all!

https://i54.tinypic.com/30aquj7.jpg

I just cooked this this evening for me & DH - it's really really nice :happydance: doesn't taste healthy at all lol we had a fishcake grilled and a corn on the cob with it, delicious! It only took me about 20 mins to cook from start to finish and not even I managed to burn it :thumbup: Just thought I'd share it:

It's WW ProPoints value is 11, serves 4

Ingredients
225 g Pasta, White, Dried, (preferably spaghetti or fettuccine)
2 teaspoons Oil, Olive
1 small Onion, All Types, finely chopped
125 g Mushrooms, sliced
200 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, with garlic and herbs
2 medium Egg, Whole
150 ml Milk, Skimmed
1 teaspoons (as purchased) Mixed Herbs, Dried
25 g Cheese, Parmesan, finely grated
1 serving(s) Peas, Frozen, Boiled in Unsalted Water, 50g
1 pinch Salt, to taste
1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
3 leaf/leaves (large) Basil, Dried, Ground, to garnish

Instructions
Cook spaghetti or fettuccine in salted boiling water for 8 - 10 minutes, until just tender. Check pack instructions for recommended timings.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Meanwhile add the peas to a pan of boiling water and simmer till cooked

Beat soft cheese and eggs together. Add milk, dried herbs and most of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.

Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Return it to the saucepan with the liquid. Add egg mixture and heat gently for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring until cooked and thickened. Stir in onion, mushrooms and peas. Cook gently for 2 minutes.

Serve, sprinkled with reserved Parmesan. Garnish with basil.

NB. Vegetarians should use vegetarian parmesan

Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. add onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.

Can i join you xxx
bmi 33 want it to be 25.7
60lbs to lose :)
im using SW and i joined the gym today :) xx

:wave: can i join ? i weigh 16stone or 224lbs am 5"7 and have a BMI of 35.1 :cry: i want to get down to 130lbs in total and a BMI of 20.4 if possible, im 20 and have been ttc for 18 months (12 using the turkey baster method,as OH was having problems with erections) and 6 actually having sex now that his problem is sorted!) also in the past year my periods have become irregular, ( 2 since july) so i needd to try regulate them again too im also trying to stop smoking, and today ive decided to cut out coffee and coke, instead ive switched to herbal teas ( yummy btw ) and i normally drink about 15-20 cups of coffee per day! Im also getting the wii fit plus on thursday and i will then be starting my diet on monday.Ive also cut out sugar and am using splenda instead as i take 2 teaspoons of sugar per tea/coffee! looking forward to making new friends in this section and that we get our :bfp: soon xxx

ETA would like to weigh in on friday mornings if possible? xxxx

newbie here can i join ? i weigh 16stone, im 20 and have been ttc for 18 months (12 using the turkey baster method,as OH washaving problems with erections) and 6 actually having sex now that his problem is sorted!)

of course, everyone's welcome! Could you calculate your bmi for me? or just give me your height and I'll work it out for you if that's easier lol

what diet plan will you be using? and what's your ultimate goal?

if you look at the home page you will see that I have created mini goals for us all to achieve something hopefully every few weeks and keep us all motivated!

Any input you want to put in is more than welcome, I've updated a few things already with people's suggestions, hopefully will push us all towards our :bfp: much much sooner!

:dust:

sorry I also need what day you will weigh in! thanks

heya hun, i updated my original post as i submitted it before i had finished writing it :dohh: sorry about that lol xxxx

and i dont know what diet plan i will be on :blush: basically eat the right portions more good than bad, have an off day for saturday eat healthy etc xxxx

lol ok i'll update it again in the morning, off to bed now :flower:

healthy eating sounds good! hopefully this group will give us all motivation and focus and help reach our goals :happydance:

Love the updated 1st page its looking great and a good way to see how we are all doing. Also like the idea of sharing interesting low fat low kcal meals!

Another tip to help with weight loss and the hunger is to really make sure you drink 2 liters of water or squash a day. This is great for water rentention and will boost the weight you lose. xxx

Hi girls :flower:

I've been a bit hectic over the past couple of days - the front page is looking great!! I missed my Wii Fit session last night, so I'll get back on it tonight!

Brilliant idea about the mini targets! We should have a list of treats we can give ourselves when we reach them - not necessarily food, but a new lipgloss maybe, or a manicure.

Hi girls :flower:

I've been a bit hectic over the past couple of days - the front page is looking great!! I missed my Wii Fit session last night, so I'll get back on it tonight!

Brilliant idea about the mini targets! We should have a list of treats we can give ourselves when we reach them - not necessarily food, but a new lipgloss maybe, or a manicure.

my kind of lady!!!! lol LOVE this idea!!

I've been out for the night tonight, might have fallen off the wagon already with 2 glasses of rose and some potato skins but i only had a coffee for breakfast and a low fat pasta and fruit for lunch so not SO bad that i can't put it right with a bit of exercise tonight *cough* i mean over the weekend... hehe :sex: is a must tonight though, just think of all the extra calories we're burning!! haha!

i'll update everything again tomorrow. Hope everyone's first week is going ok so far! :flower:

Morning girls :flower:

I did 39 mins on the Wii Fit last night. When I got on I'd put on 2lb since Monday, although to be fair I had just had my dinner so maybe when I do it tonight, I'll eat afterwards :blush:

Well done ladies sounds like you are working hard. I have my first weigh in with my consultant at 11.30 so will update you with my loss....hopefully lol. I have been 100% on it so hoping for a good one!! x

Is anyone else on here vegetarian. I am and also I don't drink cows milk (but I eat cheese and chocolate etc). I was just wondering how you all get protein into your breakfasts ? I try to have eggs but I get bored of eggs everyday (as much as I love them) and also I know they are high in cholesterol. I eat a lot of quorn. Also does anyone else have a George Foreman Grill ? Do you have any good veggie recipes for it ?

Also does anyone else use SparkPeople ? It's the best weight loss website I have ever been on and especially good for me because I walk a lot and you can plan your route on the map and it tells you how far you have walked and how many calories you burnt. And it's free which is a major bonus for me =D

proud mummy - Good luck with your loss sounds like you have been good so hoping the pounds have flown off you x

babyhopes2010 - Wow bet your legs are killing you!! Thinking of trying an excersice bike to help in the wet and nasty weather.

Nai1983 - BDing is the best exersice lol i'm sure in the grand scheme of things a couple of glasses of vino and a few skins wont hurt x

katiekittykat - Well done for wii fitting it! I do miss my Wii for that but will have to find other things to do. I weigh myself in the morning before a shower so i am butt naked with an empty tummy and an empty bladder!

AFM - Walked the dogs last night and did it at a fast walk too so hopefully that burnt a few kcals. My tummy is growling a lot today but I always find the 3rd day the hardest, its gets better after that if I hold out. Its like my body cottons onto what's happening and decides to protest the lack of food/fat/sugar all day. Oh and I am also taking a slimming aid called Gerard house slimming aid, its all natural with herbs and I have had it before. There is dandelion which acts as a mild laxative (great if your digestive system slows down like mine does on a diet) a appetite suppressant and another herb that helps with water retention. They are cheap and I do notice a difference taking them.

YAY ok i totally cheated and just weighed myself lol i'm the same weight as i was yesterday morning so the meal last night at least didn't make me gain weight over night so i'm still on for a loss for monday!! lol

Razcox.. is it safe to take diet supplements whilst ttc?? i'm not this time around.. lets just say I've had major issues with eating & "diets" in the past and have tried every herb, pill and unacceptable method of losing weight possible but the only thing i found worked for me was weight watchers and exercise. But if it works for you and is safe, good luck! :flower:

off to take hubby to hospital in a min - problem 'up there' not 'down there' lol he's haemorrhaged behind his right eye (was discovered at opticians yesterday) and they think it might be from stress... if he uses this as a "your stressing me out by ttc and :sex: i will flip and he'll wish he'd never been to the docs"... i'll be updating my journal in a bit to explain my anger this morning if you actually want the full story lol

So is everyone trying exercise this week??? I used to do boxercise (when i was teeny tiny slim) and i've got an ace workout dvd for it... but i'm just so worried i'm going to wobble all over the place and not be able to do it.... :blush: :cry: i'm so unfit at the moment it's ridiculous. What do you reckon, just get on it already!!??

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->