• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC Dieters thread

I'm looking for an exercise DVD to use, only problem is I live in a TINY flat at the moment so I can't jump up and down and I need to put the coffee table on the sofa so I have some floor space. I decided I am going to start with some nice gentle yoga. But can anyone suggest a DVD that would suite me that is a little more intense than yoga ?

i used to do one called elle mcpherson workout or charlie brooks workout dvd's in my uni halls of residence!!! lol so they MUST suit small areas lol

pilates is fantastic! it was my secret weapon when i lost all my weight the last time, just turns your stomach into a washboard! can't wait to get back to classes :)

Hey ladies,

Well weigh In on day 6 and I have lost lbs!!!!! I'm so chuffed! X

Another 35 mins on Wii Fit tonight, but OH had my dinner ready when I got in from work so I had to have that first....my BMI had gone up very slightly from yesterday, but it didn't say I had put on any weight.

It's so hard finding the motivation to do anything after a long day at work. I work late on a Thursday, so did 8.30am until 7pm today :(

sorry i'm being rubbish at updating our home page at the moment! I will get on it on the weekend i promise, just had to get a few hours of work done this evening working from home as lost day in the office!

i used to be vegetarian - the quorn products are an excellent source of protein so substitute it in normal recipes and you'll have no end of low fat healthy meals! we still use it cos DH and I prefer not to eat fatty meat - the quorn chicken makes a lush lasagne! make it with low fat white sauce and it's fab :)

also low fat cheese, eggs, yogurt, soya milk - all really good for you whilst dieting and vege. Hope that helps..!

I haven't done any exercise yet this week :cry: unless you count panting my way up a hill on the way back to the car from the hospital earlier!!?? lol a whole 15 mins.. :blush: i'll start on the exercise this weekend..

maybe we should have some exercise targets to reach weekly... like a certain amount of half hour sessions to start with, then building up each week??? give us something to aim for?

xx

I'll get thinking over the weekend for it, ideas welcome!!!! lol x

How about starting off with 20 mins 3 times a week? Does that sound do-able?

Another 30 mins on the Wii Fit for me tonight - and I lost 2lb since yesterday!! x

can i join in?

Hiya, of course, just need your bmi, how much you want to lose, what day you will weigh and what plan you want to follow (if any)

I'm updating the home page this weekend so will add you on then :flower:

good luck!

bmi 26
want to loose a stone (poss stone and half)
exercise and cc
sat will be my weigh in

I have set myself a load of mini-goals to try and do everyday :
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
- Up and out of bed by mid-day (I'm a student)
- Get out of the house once a day.
- Don't drink fizzy drinks.
- Eat a protein rich meal.

I just want to tell everyone who needs a good tip. When I had my tonsils out I weighed about 10 stone. Because of my sore throat, I drank upto 6 litres of water every day, carrying a litre bottle around with me all day and just keep filling it up whenever it needed it. By April I was down to about 7st 12lbs. I didn't do any exercise ! Only thing I will say is drinking that much water makes you really not be hungry and I went days without eating much, so make sure you eat aswell. You may be thinking, but weren't you peeing all day ? In the first week or two yea, but after that your body gets used to it. Don't ask me how, I just know that it does ! There is a diet type thing that says you should drink as many ounces of water as you weigh. So me, being 158lbs will drink 158 floz which converts to just over 4 and a half litres.

Has anyone tried the Couch-To-5K running plan ? I am considering it because I love the idea of running but I have no stamina. And if anyone is looking for a REALLY intense workout, I suggest The 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels (she is amazing !). It has three stages of intensity and I only tried the first level....but OMG !

I just want to tell everyone who needs a good tip. When I had my tonsils out I weighed about 10 stone. Because of my sore throat, I drank upto 6 litres of water every day, carrying a litre bottle around with me all day and just keep filling it up whenever it needed it. By April I was down to about 7st 12lbs. I didn't do any exercise ! Only thing I will say is drinking that much water makes you really not be hungry and I went days without eating much, so make sure you eat aswell. You may be thinking, but weren't you peeing all day ? In the first week or two yea, but after that your body gets used to it. Don't ask me how, I just know that it does ! There is a diet type thing that says you should drink as many ounces of water as you weigh. So me, being 158lbs will drink 158 floz which converts to just over 4 and a half litres.

Has anyone tried the Couch-To-5K running plan ? I am considering it because I love the idea of running but I have no stamina. And if anyone is looking for a REALLY intense workout, I suggest The 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels (she is amazing !). It has three stages of intensity and I only tried the first level....but OMG !
iv got that its soo hard isnt it lol

iv got that its soo hard isnt it lol

It's horrible but I love the feeling when the 30 mins is up ! I love Jillian, I'd love her as my own personal trainer, she's tough as nails !!! Only problem is I can't do it anymore cos I live in a tiny flat and I can't just up and down !

i dont do it no more iv got somthing for the wii its FAB

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->