• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC for Baby #1 - Looking for Buddies

OMG, Congrats, LearningLife!!! So excited for you and your DH!!! Glad that your plan worked out and a H&H 9 months to you!!! I will add you to my list of BFPs on my thread - so far it's been good for you, Happenstance and rosababy!

OMG, Congrats, LearningLife!!! So excited for you and your DH!!! Glad that your plan worked out and a H&H 9 months to you!!! I will add you to my list of BFPs on my thread - so far it's been good for you, Happenstance and rosababy!

Thank you darling! I'm hoping more of you will join me with a near-future :bfp:

:dust:

Thank you miss malteser!! I think I'm cutting back on everything and will only take tylenol if I must...otherwise salt-water gargling and making use of ice-packs...really wish I could somehow get rid of the tooth pain and fever etc...

Congratulations!!!!

About what to do next...check to see if you should be taking Tylenol and Orajel before you take anymore and then sit back, smile and relax because YOU´RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!!

LearningLife, omg congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all- go see a dentist. If you don't have insurance look search low cost or free clinics. If it's an emergency you can get the tooth extracted they would just try and use a minimal amount of anesthetic. ( I'm in the dental field) Then get some government insurance to schedule an appt with an ob/gyn.

Next, relax and enjoy this wonderful time. I'm so happy for you and your hubby. You were probably having such a good time during your vacation that you let your body relax and do it's own thing. I'm hoping to try and relax for this month too. Hope to join you soon. Please keep us updated!

babyfeva: I'm still in a bit of a shock :) Seriously, is there really something in there?!!! I'm probably going to repeat the test again soon, just in case.

You give great advice. Darn, if I lived in Santa Clara, I'd be right over for you to extract this horrible tooth :( Can't believe I got a cold/fever/headache/swollen glands etc. and wisdom tooth pain all at once. Trying to use tylenol minimally!

There is a dental school not too far away - but because another set of travels coming up next week, and work the entire week after, I don't know that I will be able to see them until the week of the 20th! I know I should take care of the problem because there may be negative consequences to :baby: (but hope not!), but the timing is really bad :cry: Of course first they would want to do a consult with x-rays, then to set up a second appt. where they'd hopefully extract the tooth! I'll look to see if there are any other dental clinics who can help me out at a low-cost...

DH is going to look into govt. ins. coverage tomorrow. Again, probably won't be able to see an OB/GYN till the week of the 20th, that is, if we find one, and s/he has a schedule opening!

I'm waiting for you and all my buddies to join me in the journey...don't want to move forward alone!!!

Remember to :sex: every other day, but don't make it a chore, and don't worry if you skip/miss a day...I was very paranoid in Dec 2011 - plus had every symptom in the book!!! Made sure though to BD the very day I thought I saw a + OPK, and the day after.

LearningLife, omg congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all- go see a dentist. If you don't have insurance look search low cost or free clinics. If it's an emergency you can get the tooth extracted they would just try and use a minimal amount of anesthetic. ( I'm in the dental field) Then get some government insurance to schedule an appt with an ob/gyn.

Next, relax and enjoy this wonderful time. I'm so happy for you and your hubby. You were probably having such a good time during your vacation that you let your body relax and do it's own thing. I'm hoping to try and relax for this month too. Hope to join you soon. Please keep us updated!

You should for sure schedule something for that tooth ASAP, it's most likely an infection.
I'm just so excited for you and you must be over the moon. If it was me I would probably be telling EVERYONE! I wouldn't be able to wait 3 mos but that's just me... :)

Btw- did you notice a difference in temp while taking bbt?

Enjoy every minute!

Congratulations Learninglife!!! I am sooo excited for you!!!!

I started bbt on CD10 - 01/08 = 96.97
The day before positive opk - 01/23 = 97.95
On the day of positive opk - 01/24 = 97.98
The day after - 01/25 = 97.91 (which ov. probably occurs 24-48 hrs after the 1deg. increase in temp.)
On 01/26 = 97.92, then I stopped bbt & bd'ing as we began our return journey in the afternoon!

Once the illness is gone and the tooth problem is taken care of, I will enjoy it :)

You should for sure schedule something for that tooth ASAP, it's most likely an infection.
I'm just so excited for you and you must be over the moon. If it was me I would probably be telling EVERYONE! I wouldn't be able to wait 3 mos but that's just me... :)

Btw- did you notice a difference in temp while taking bbt?

Enjoy every minute!

To all my buddies:

You are the first to know that I got a :BFP: today!!! I just can't believe it as I stare at the Amazon strip! In fact, I was ready to try this plan if it didn't work out this month: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

If it worked for me with my hypothyroidism and the most irregular AF's (CD24-CD40 - so this time around I was awaiting AF btwn. Jan 22-Feb 7 <Dec. completely threw me off>!), I know it will work for all of you, my dearest friends.

In case you wish to know, yet again, my hx./timeline and also what I did within the two months of trying...

- Got off BCP's October 2010 and began prenatal vits.
- A few weeks later, added calcium (really I only take half the dose)
- DH used condoms until end of Nov. 2011 (sorry TMI)
- Joined BnB in Dec. 2011, our first cycle - thank God for you, and all your advice!
- Went on a three week trip to the other side of the world where it was quite difficult to BD in ice cold rooms (no heating inside), and in between travels. It was not easy to temp, and try to use the OPK's which I began using, irregularly from CD 8.
- I did NOT pay much attention to CM at all.
- Added a daily Vit. C probably November 2011?
- Had no idea what my LP is or anything like that and was automatically afraid it was short, but per some BnB member suggestions, added Vit. B6 by the end of Dec. 2011 to try to lengthen it.
- Tried to relax, despite almost EVERYONE asking when we plan to have a baby and that it's time and next time we need to return with a baby...
- Didn't get a chance to log in to BnB at all but definitely thought of all my buddies ;)

Symptoms:-
- Sore boobs starting CD 22 which instead of lasting two days followed by AF has now lasted 12 days - currently still sore - remember I mentioned that DH said he'd have to buy helmets for my boobs, that's because I screamed every time he brushed against them!
- Stupid head cold that began 1.5 days ago and I have a fever for the past two days - coughing started last night
- My lower left wisdom tooth has been killing me since the same time I started this head cold! I just want to RIP IT OUT!!! Does this mean that I cannot get the tooth extracted? I wonder how long it's going to hurt because it's terrible :(
- Hunger and nausea although i haven't eaten anything since mid-day yesterday because in a way I have hunger, but no desire to eat d/t my tooth pain and cold :(
- Bit of constipation - but could be because of my travel/body still adjusting!

Randomly checked today which would have been post Ov. Day 10, and that is, IF I even read the OPK correctly the morning of 01/24 - it appeared positive but the line, which was darker than other days, was def. not as dark as the test line. There were days that OPK didn't even have a faint line to it. It was negative the evening of 01/24 so I don't even know what that meant!

Have NO OB/GYN - in fact need to get on the govt. ins. to make an appt. - yea, I wouldn't do that if someone gave me a part-time/full-time job by now but jobs are scarce here!

No idea if what I'm taking is bad - but I've been taking tylenol and also using Orajel for the tooth pain, several times daily and also Zicam to try to nip the cold in the bud - didn't work.

Don't know who else to tell!!! I know usually it's a three month wait before an official announcement is made but who would you tell?

Have no idea how many day(s) it is or anything and since I don't believe it 100% although the BFP happened within 5 seconds of pee-immersion (did wait 5 mins before I did the actual read) - will need to take another test in a day or two...

Can't help but think - what are the chances of a m/c?

Okay, so now what...what do I do next?!!

Thankful for a day of rest.

I literally have tears in my eyes as I write this. And I assure you they are tears of joy. I am so so so so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please get those STUPID thoughts out of your head about m/c. You are going to have a beautiful healthy baby and that's final!!! *HMPH!!!*

So it is a desi sticky bean!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

My love to you and the baby!! And congrats to the father to be!!!!!!

Good job you guys :thumbup:

Just thought I would introduce myself! Seems like a great group of ladies here! I'm a secret TTC er and would love to join this supporting forum! Congrats to those who received a BFP!

WElcome Mrs Griff, yes these ladies are Fab

Big congratulations to Learning life, you will be fine. Enjoy every moment i am so excited for you :flower:

Well the :witch: got me yesterday CD 2 for me now. Feeling really sad today :cry:. But onto the next cycle.

The good news is as last month was my first month temping I now know I probably ovulate on cd 16 and my LP is 13 days where I always thought it was 14 so I would have been counting my ovulations wrong.

Anyway best of luck to anyone still waiting.

Bezinga: I can't wait for the very-near-future day when you join me!!! desi-americano!!! :) Really, can't wait for your desi sticky bean soon. It hasn't all quite set in yet and DH and I haven't even celebrated...I'm suffering from sinusitis, the pressure, aches, and fever that finally broke yesterday, not to mention the wisdom tooth pain that I probably won't be able to take care of until another two weeks...ugh! It's been miserable!

Don't know when we share the news with family, although we did tell my brother, who told his gf (with permission) and they congratulated us on skype last night so that was nice, plus I'll be seeing them next week. Not sure when I'll tell my parents since my mom is like a tele-woman so she will probably tell the entire sub-continent of India once we tell her. She probably feels pressured just like we did with strangers asking us...when?!

If I could just get rid of the tooth (can pregnant women get wisdom teeth extracted?) which has either planned to erupt further now and/or cause an infection, I would be happy to celebrate.

Still surreal!

:hugs:

I literally have tears in my eyes as I write this. And I assure you they are tears of joy. I am so so so so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please get those STUPID thoughts out of your head about m/c. You are going to have a beautiful healthy baby and that's final!!! *HMPH!!!*

So it is a desi sticky bean!! Aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

My love to you and the baby!! And congrats to the father to be!!!!!!

Good job you guys :thumbup:

LearningLife - Ahhh take your time and enjoy it!! I know you and DH must be ecstatic!!

Babyfeva - How's everything going????

Update - AF is due anywhere from now up until the 15th of this month.. Hoping this cycle will be shorter.. Not expecting a BFP since we haven't had a lotta of time to BD!!! We're currently moving out of our tiny 2 bedroom apt and planning on renting a house. So been busy looking for the perfect house. I did find one that i love and let me tell you, that kitchen makes my heart beat double time!!! So putting the offer in tomorrow and hopefully the landlord will like us and give us the place.. Who knows!! As for work on the BFP - we're gonna relax and focus on finding a place and then start trying "properly" after the move :)

My DH and I are TTC for our first as well ! Best of luck to you :) This is such an exciting time in all of our lives ! This is my DH and I's first month trying. I am trying not to think about it too much or get stressed out because I know it decreases your chances of becoming Pregnant. But when you want something so bad, it's hard not to think about it constantly. :) :)

Hi Mel- I'm so happy to hear you're looking to move into a house. You'll love it- so much more room. I hope that you get that house. Afm- been celebrating my hubby's birthday this past weekend. (real bday is today) I need to get back on track with eating healthy. I'm hoping to ovulate around the 15th so just waiting... Doing my best to take the more relaxed approach this cycle. I don't know if I should temp since it drove me crazy last month. I started taking EPO this cycle and maybe I should just do the opk's? We'll see.

Hi guys!! I'm new here, DH and I are trying for number one and this month was my first round of clomid. I took it days 5-9 and Ovd day 15. So I am currently at 4 dpo and awaiting time to test. The tww drives me nuts, and hopefully this is our month finally!! I have no symptoms other than diarrhea this morning haha TMi. Ahh!! Good luck to everyone!!

Augg I hate the ttw last month for me was killer for me
New month on clomid 100mg days 3-7 cd8today!! Yay

Firsttimer, good luck on round 2!!! Did you have any side effects with clomid??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->