TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

Tanikit, so pleased to read that your OH still has his job! That is great news.
Don't feel guilty for feeling fed up and wanting your baby out - sounds like a perfectly normal feeling to me!
Wow, two more weeks - that is crazy! Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl x

I have had good baby news this week - I had a midwife appt and my iron levels are looking way better which is great. Then I had a scan today to check the position of my placenta (it was a little close to cervix at my 20 weeks scan) - but it is well clear now so no worries there!

Baby is in the 76th percentile for it's weight..and apparently has long legs...must be taking after my 6 foot 5 OH!!

Yay for all the good news Lucky, so your plan for a home birth is still all go!! I would love one of those but dont fancy my chances LOL plius we dont do them on less I get an independednt midwife and that would cost a packet. so I have a birth plan that Im hoping they will work with me on.:flower:

any pictures from your scan I have mine next week cant wait!

Tanikit, so pleased to read that your OH still has his job! That is great news.
Don't feel guilty for feeling fed up and wanting your baby out - sounds like a perfectly normal feeling to me!
Wow, two more weeks - that is crazy! Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl x

I have had good baby news this week - I had a midwife appt and my iron levels are looking way better which is great. Then I had a scan today to check the position of my placenta (it was a little close to cervix at my 20 weeks scan) - but it is well clear now so no worries there!

Baby is in the 76th percentile for it's weight..and apparently has long legs...must be taking after my 6 foot 5 OH!!

Yay for all the good news Lucky, so your plan for a home birth is still all go!! I would love one of those but dont fancy my chances LOL plius we dont do them on less I get an independednt midwife and that would cost a packet. so I have a birth plan that Im hoping they will work with me on.:flower:

any pictures from your scan I have mine next week cant wait!

Yeah, NZ has a great system when it comes to homebirth/midwives etc...no cost at all. Having a birth plan is great! I have to work on mine as well.

Will see if I can sort some photos - but they weren't great this time - it was just a 2D scan to check out the placenta so not a lot of detail and they aren't as clear as the 20 week one for some reason. Baby is head down though - hope it stays that way!

Glad everything seems to begoing well Lucky - hehe, her they wouldn't even let me into a clinic for natural births -there would be no chance of a homebirth - actually I keep going through scenarios of what would happen if I were to have a very fast birth and baby WAS born at home - how would I keep her safe til we could go to the hospital and get her treated - would I give formula and so on never mind me and tears and insulin and glucose and the placenta - I know how to scare myself lol.

Lucky the later scans get very boring - you can barely see anything on them. I like seeing the heartbeat and cord blood flow and also just generally that baby is yawning or moving, but it is just pieces you see at that stage. I have a few pictures from my later ones but you really wouldn't know much from them as baby is just too big. Glad your baby is head down.

I am debating whether I will do anything to try to evict baby next week before the induction - I have my doubts I will though as its unlikely to work unless she was going to come anyway and they say past 38 weeks is better for lung development anyway. Still wishing though... but the closer I get to that induction the more I do not mind - I know I will just want her out by then.

Tanikit bit of advice, my poor DD has a tummy bug her brothers had it at the weekend, but my sis and DH stepped in and cleaned up etc so I was able to avoid to much contact, but with Eireann chances are slim so just in case I pick it up how to I manage my insulin etc or avoid going low if I cant keep any thing down, I'm thinking forewarned is forearmed just in case:wacko:

Usually if I have a stomach bug then I have the same insulin as normal as just drink a lot of fruit juice which normally does stay down and go for very bland foods. I find my sugars are much higher when I am sick anyway even if I am barely eating anything. Whatever you do do not skip an insulin dose - rather find something high GI to treat any lows with (even if it must be unfizzy Coke if you are really low) Really hope you don't get it. :hugs:

Usually if I have a stomach bug then I have the same insulin as normal as just drink a lot of fruit juice which normally does stay down and go for very bland foods. I find my sugars are much higher when I am sick anyway even if I am barely eating anything. Whatever you do do not skip an insulin dose - rather find something high GI to treat any lows with (even if it must be unfizzy Coke if you are really low) Really hope you don't get it. :hugs:

me too, Im hoping I have had it before, I hate tummy bugs:wacko: thanks for that info at least I know not to skip my insulin :thumbup:

Celtic how are you doing? Hope you are still well.

I have picked up DHs/DDs cold now, only DD still has it and has been up all night with bad breathing (she is getting excema and asthma now and I am a bit worried she has inherited this) so not getting sleep for a number of reasons. Just hope this cold is gone before baby arrives.

One more week til last appointment. It sounds terrible but I really want this over with now.

Celtic how are you doing? Hope you are still well.

I have picked up DHs/DDs cold now, only DD still has it and has been up all night with bad breathing (she is getting excema and asthma now and I am a bit worried she has inherited this) so not getting sleep for a number of reasons. Just hope this cold is gone before baby arrives.

One more week til last appointment. It sounds terrible but I really want this over with now.

So far so good, I feel fine FX it stays that way, really do not want a tummy bug, my DD was put on inhalors for asthma my oldest had it as well but grew out of it thankfully, poor DD has had nearly a constant cold cough the last 3 months, it did not help yesterday with her getting sick I think it added to her misery poor thing, so Im with you hope its gone before baby comes! and na it doesnt sound bad I know what you mean :flower:

Im living for my appointment on Tuesday, I thought my bump would be bigger at this stage, its very high up but not really out IYKWIM not looking forward to it going higher no room left there:dohh: my boobs will be under my chin!

Lycky how are you doing :flower:

I am good overall thanks Celtic...kinda struggling these last few days though to be honest. Just in a down state of mind and can't shake it! Plus feeling really uncomfortable in whatever position I am in, sore knees, heartburn....whinge whinge!! I know it's only gonna get worse so I shouldn't complain!

Tummy is feeling very tight at the moment - my midwife said that there is no room left in my torso - it's all going to go out front from now on - which is a bit scary considering how much more the baby has to grow! I saw my first couple of stretchmarks on my stomach yesterday...I think they are going to grow heaps by the end of this pregnancy!

Also - for the last few days have been having light cramps on and off - exactly like light period cramps - would these be Brackston Hicks? I have heard they can feel like that...

Wow, sorry for the moan - it's all good really, just have a few days of struggle!

Hope that you are all well! Ugh, sorry to hear you have got DDs cold now Tanikit - bet that's the last thing you feel like! Hope it clears up soon and hope the stomach bug stays away from you Celtic!

OH I know what you mean, I went out to get some baby stuff and over did it, I went to bed that night in agnoy, my back my legs and the BH were so strong I was lying there nealry crying in the bed, my poor DH was lovely though you swear I was a baby they way he was trying to make me feel better lol there was pain killers in the house but they had asprin in them and I was afraid to take them didnt know if they were safe! so I stuck with the pain.

BH feel really tight and some times you feel them pushing down, they can feel a bit pain ful but we are told they are not meant to :wacko:but I know so many who have said they can feel like AF pains. your ok on less you get more than 4 in an hour I think, or they have a patteren dont go away when you rest or move around, make sure your drinking loads im sure you are! I hope you dont feel to bad for the rest of your pregnancy, its normal for us to be fed up and just wishing time to go real quick, gets us ready for labour I think! :hugs:

my bump has no more room to move up! so it has to go out! but Im not feeling to big yet my mam and sister thought I would be much bigger by now!

I must do a bump picture :flower:

Hehe, my bump is all out now - in fact someone rude (lol, my mother) says that it looks like it is not even attached to me just all out in front. I went to a Moms and Tots group and they are commenting now too as I really am huge and not yet as big as I was with my first DD. Five of us there are pregnant at the moment so at least there is some support but I will be the first to have my baby.

Went shopping today and as I climbed out the car I was suddenly in agony - not sure what it was but it is still hurting when I stand up. I did mange to do the shopping was it was very painful - part cervical, part pelvic I think. So now I will be lazy and sit still for a while. Have started losing my mucous plug though it seems to be small amounts for days (didn't know that could happen til I looked it up)

Next appointment in a week and I also cannot wait - it seems very far away. While I still want baby to come on her own, right now I will be equaly happy with a date.

Oh my god Tanikit - it's so close now!! Rest up and I hope that pain goes away x

Yes, bump pic please Celtic!

Yes it is close - for all of us actually - it doesn't seem that long ago that I was at 32 weeks actually.

Its 01:00am and I cannot sleep - have got DHs cold and am feeling awful from it, plus the pain has not left - was having painful BHs earlier though they have calmed down somewhat now, still battling to walk and the pelvic pressure is pretty intense still but its probably all just pre labour signs and could go on for weeks. If I am sore like this later today then I will take some pain killers. Baby seems to like the evenings and has been moving non stop for the past few hours after being very quiet the last two days - may explain why I can't sleep.

Celtic how are you doing - have you got a bump pic now?
Lucky how are things going and when is your next appointment?

I will get on the bump picture now get my DS to take it LOL:flower:

Tanikit did you get back to sleep at all :flower:

Back to sleep - I hadn't been able to go to sleep! Got about 3.5 hours sleep last night and have tried to catch up a bit today instead. Nobody is doing much today though. Am at least not as sore as yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing the bump pic.

Back to sleep - I hadn't been able to go to sleep! Got about 3.5 hours sleep last night and have tried to catch up a bit today instead. Nobody is doing much today though. Am at least not as sore as yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing the bump pic.

Now I know exactly were you are coming from, we had very bad weather last night high winds, kept us awake, DD thought it would be great fun to stay awake till after 12, then our pup was scared and kept crying poor thing, add in that feeling huge and toilet breaks I feel like I got hardley any sleep at all:wacko:

oh forgot that at 6 am our 4 year old woke us up getting sick then just back to sleep and my eldest woke up getting sick:dohh: so two boys home from school with tummy bug lord dont fancy my chances at all! :cry: at least they are not as bad as Eireann

OOH bump pic not a great one LOL my sis says Ive grown huge in a week! I do feel bigger this week

Attachments

• DSCF7570.jpg
    DSCF7570.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1
Definitely getting near the end Celtic - your bump is looking good! Hope you survived with your boys at home.

My sleeping has become almost non existant now - getting 3-4 hours a night at the most and battling to nap during the day even when I do get the chance to try. Started with some nesting today but feel like what I am doing is not really helpful as it will be messy again by tomorrow - need to plan better. Last appointment Friday and I cannot wait - want a date, but if babes decides to come earlier then I will be even happier.

Sounds like no-one got much sleep last night...I had a bad night too, hips were really sore, just can't get into a position that doesn't hurt! Then weird dreams, toilet breaks, heavy rain outside etc...have woken up not feeling very refreshed!

Celtic - your bump is looking great! Beautiful :flower: I hope that stomach bug stays away....

Tanikit, are you feeling any other signs that might mean bubs is ready to come out early? Gosh I am so excited for you...and you being so close makes me realise I am not that far away....

Hang in there ladies!! Almost there!

Thanks Lucky :flower:

I am hoping I have a better night to night, I got a nap of about 20 minutes earlier today felt a bit better!

DD is a sleep in her bed Im hoping she stays that way now.

Hospital appointment and some baby shopping tomorrow :happydance:

Lucky you are getting very close now - hang in there. These babies will here soon!

This morning at 04:00am I woke to quite bad contractions every 10 to 6 minutes - they were painful but probably nothing like labour (my last labour was too much pitocin for me to know how bad normal contractions are) I was also freezing cold and shivery so got up and drank some water to see if I was dehydrated and woke DH at 05:00am to put his hands on my back so I would warm up :) Never thought I could be low cause I was too busy counting contractions. ANyway, they went away about an hour and a bit later so was false labour. I only sorted out the sugars when I realised after 06:00am so maybe the 36 week sugar level dive is starting a bit later than expected.

Full term tomorrow - come on baby - one week to beat the induction :) - no pressure!

Celtic hope you do get some sleep - I have given up on it - maybe having no expectations will help me get some???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->