TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

Does anyone watch The Soup? DH and I were watching a taped episode from earlier in the week last night and they played a clip from "I didn't know I was pregnant"...We almost died laughing, as this is a literal quote from the girl talking about being in the hospital and having the worst cramps and backache and thinking (I guess?) something was wrong with her bladder (???) and she said she had an urge to push and looked down and saw feet (???) sticking out of her kootch.....

".........it wasn't my bladder.........it was a baby in my pants!!!"...........:rofl: :rofl:

I wish I could find a clip!!!!

I’m incredibly sorry I wasn’t able to keep everyone more closely posted since Friday night when things got going. It all just happened so FAST and in the end I was in the hospital where you are pretty much constantly having to do one thing or the other so there wasn’t much break to check in with you. But I thought of each of you throughout the past few days – how your experiences related to my own and the feeling of you rooting me on the way I’ve cheered for you, in one form or another, ever since we met. Thank you SO much for the good vibes, they definitely helped get us home safe and sound.

I’ve gotta follow up on Titi’s last post first, which is hilarious. Because I had to get my ass in a car with a BABY IN MY PANTS after 13 hours of labor to transfer from the birth center to the hospital. I seriously had a good laugh over it, which I desperately needed at that point. So here’s how that happened:

I had a second stretch and sweep on Friday morning with the added advice that I could take castor oil that morning to try and get things going. The oil is natural, it can’t cross the placenta. The midwife assured us that it wouldn’t directly harm the baby, certainly no more than going a week past my due date would. My hubby lined them up in 4 shot glasses for me when we got home. It was actually really easy to get down – I’d been taking black cohosh to soften my cervix for two weeks and that stuff was much worse. I got intestinal cramps shortly after and spent most of the day on the pot. I made sure I kept hydrated and just took it easy around the house. I was also losing TONS of bloody show because of the two stretches and sweeps, and how soft my cervix was.

At about 9 pm I felt a different type of cramp low down, just above my pelvis. It made me want to pee rather than the other thing I’d been doing all day. It was also very intense – with a beginning and ending. But I wasn’t too focused on it because I was on the phone with a friend who went two weeks past her due date and took three days to be induced into a day of labor (poor thing!). When I got off the phone I decided to take a bath, and when I got out I felt water leak out of me onto the floor. It was definitely amniotic fluid – wow! I didn’t expect that to happen after a few cramps that I didn’t even think were contractions. But then it was quickly apparent that they were – they got steady quite quickly. As in the SAME PATTERN THEY TELL YOU TO USE AS A THRESHOLD FOR CALLING THE BIRTH CENTER! This all happened in like 20 minutes. I was still saying to Eric “this doesn’t feel like I thought it would”. It was intense and periodic but I thought it would come on slowly I guess? Pretty sure that is due to the castor oil. Anyway, I could walk and talk through them but when you start losing your water the time clock starts on getting the baby out within 24 hours or you risk infection, so you have to let someone know.

I called and told the midwife and she said we needed to come in for a fluid check, but that I really should try and go back home afterwards and get some sleep. There was no way I could sleep through these contractions – they were intense. It was getting so that I couldn’t talk through them either. When we got there (the car ride wasn’t as bad as I feared – it is definitely less fun to sit during a contraction than it is to keep moving though) she said that certainly looks like amniotic fluid, but it wasn’t presenting a ferning pattern under a microscope, so we had to go to the hospital to get an official check. Sheesh! We were annoyed, but what are ya gonna do. The hospital was two minutes down the street. So we got over there and had to check in – even though I had filled out a pre-admittance form online to facilitate things just in case. More annoyance, but manageable. I couldn’t talk or sit during a contraction but I was doing what needed to be done. I just really wanted to get settled at the birth center and try to relax as much as possible. Had to wait in an exam room, then on the bed with monitors, then wait for the results. No surprise, it was definitely amniotic fluid. Part of me sorta felt like the midwife on call was trying to get rid of us. I’m sure it was just paranoia but when you are in discomfort it is no fun to have to shuffle around like that. Anyways – she let us get into a room when we got back at around 11 pm.

I have a friend coming over with some food so I’ll finish this up later – hopefully tonight!

I really love you gals. Em – I know exactly what you are saying because my friend Brooke’s experience freaked me out. But mostly I had faith in myself and the baby – try to hold onto that hon you are going to do great, you are in good hands! Titi – I’ve been dying to call you and see how you are doing. I hope I get a chance to do that soon. Thanks everyone else for checking in, and thanks Jill & Titi for keeping folks posted! Love yas!

Jaimie!!! You are a champion for getting this up so quickly!!! I cannot wait to hear the rest of this story and see more photos of little Milo xxx

Jaimie!!! You are a champion for getting this up so quickly!!! I cannot wait to hear the rest of this story and see more photos of little Milo xxx

Ditto, what she said! I can't wait to hear the rest of this!!

Thanks hon, I need to stop thinking about it, and stop watching people giving birth on the tv lol.

Lots of love and snuggles to you and milo.xxx

Jaimie we are going to win some sort of friend awards I think at some point for thinking about the other during times most people would (probably SHOULD) be focused on themselves, lol. It is making me chuckle a bit that you are apologizing for keeping your online friends waiting and thinking of calling me even!!!! : ) I love you! I know we are real true friends now-not just "online friends"....but it is still sweet and silly that you gave any of that a second thought.

I have died to text/bug/email/call/generally harass you-ha ha.....it's tough restraint sometimes but I can only imagine besides all you were going through all the other family members and local friends greedy for baby time!!!

Love the story so far and excited you got to have a vaginal birth-if not at the center. I did wonder how on earth it must have felt to have to drive to the hospital at the point (ugh!!!!).....can't wait for more of the story and then of course all the things I gobble up like what the emotions are, etc.

and esp. above all else, your nickname is now CHAMP!!! : )

I confess I've been bugging Jaimie a little but wanted her to know I was thinking of her.

Jaimie, Yay was so excited to see you posted. And can't believe you found the time to type already and I love your story so much so far and can't wait to read more. It's kind of like a cliffhanger with the to be continued. Were you sad about the hospital or glad part of the birth was how you anticipated? I kind of felt like I was a little sad I didn't get to push him out and experience that part but also glad I got to at least experience labor and then mostly overwhelmingly relieved and happy at the outcome of our healthy baby. And also made the csection a beautiful perfect experience too. Perfect in the sense it was our story. So was wondering if it was similar for you when things didn't go to plan but you are the most go with the flow person I ever met so am assuming you were ultra flexible in labor. I agree with kristi on your nickname!! Also I missed reading all your posts but know how hard it is to keep up with your milo around and imagining you spending your time reveling in him. Still can't wait to hear rest of your story though.

Kristi my heart melted at your comment about real life friends.

Feel like I need a good in your pants joke but brain is mush. That cracked me up though and I think I didn't know I was pregnant may have started the whole thing!!! Need to do some recon.

I confess I've been bugging Jaimie a little but wanted her to know I was thinking of her.

Jill, you know firsthand what it is like to be in that situation so I trust that if you knew it was okay to "bug" it's b/c you've been there...but Jaimie, please know it's taken every bit of restraint I have to not text/call/email etc. for reasons I mentioned above....and doesn't mean I don't love you just as much, were thinking of you less or anything!!!:hugs::hugs:

Feel like I need a good in your pants joke but brain is mush. That cracked me up though and I think I didn't know I was pregnant may have started the whole thing!!! Need to do some recon.

You know, come to think of it the quote was so literal and (hysterical) that I was wondering if I was just repeating the entire origination story......if someone has time I would LOVE to find out where "in my pants" got started........but I do think you might be right.

Also, I said this the first time, but its fun so will repeat....you know that old thing where whenever you open a fortune cookie it was fun to read fortune but end it with "........in bed"? Now DH and I ALWAYS end it with "......In your pants". :rofl: Example: "You will have a prosperous year.............in your pants" :rofl:

In your pants was defo from 'I didn't know I was pregnant', I remember Jill telling us about the episode, which ive since seen, where the girl is having crippling tummy pains and the nurse is about to examine her and the pain suddenly stops and the nurse says something like 'aww honey, you just had a bby in you pants'!! Love it.xx

'baby in your pants'. Sheesh my typing is terrible today!

Jaimie!!! congratulations!!! so excited for you. Am glad you and the baby are doing well :) I had been checking in on and off on BnB just for your updates. Hoping things will continue to go welll....good luck, waiting to hear the rest of the story.
Thanks Jill and Titi for the updates.

In your pants was defo from 'I didn't know I was pregnant', I remember Jill telling us about the episode, which ive since seen, where the girl is having crippling tummy pains and the nurse is about to examine her and the pain suddenly stops and the nurse says something like 'aww honey, you just had a bby in you pants'!! Love it.xx

That was it!!! :rofl:

Keya! I'm awe struck to see your post - thank you so much for tracking me down! I've been praying so hard for your little girl. It is such a relief to know you are home and out of NICU. Thank you for explaining her heart condition in your blog. I hope life is getting more and more normal for you every day. I also read a blog called "maybe if you just relax" - I think you link to it thru yours? Those NICU experiences sound so rough honey. I'm so glad your family is home.

ok - I'm working on the birth story in a word document so that the internets doesn't eat it before it is finished : ) Seriously, no one is bugging me I just have to steal time to reply the way I want to. I really miss you gals and want to over share all our experiences!! Hee.

Jaimie, so great to hear from you and I can't wait to read the rest of your story.
Sounds like you are doing great xxx so happy for you!

my milk came in and we had a marathon feeding frenzy for the past day and a half!! this coincides with marathon diaper changes btw : ) our doula just dropped off the birth story so i wanted to post that and some pics

Attachments

• milo's birth story copy.pdf
    201.2 KB · Views: 12
piccies

Attachments

• IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2896.jpg
    IMG_2896.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
piccies 2

Attachments

• IMG_2898.jpg
    IMG_2898.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Oh. My. God.

Pics....... Soo cute! Such a little gem, so gorgeous congrats Hun.

Birth story..... One word... Champ! My word lady, I'm so impressed with you, I can't stop crying. So amazing.xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->