TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

I should have posted that I still feel really good. My pelvis is a bit wonky when I get up - takes it a while to feel "stable" with all that relaxin in my system. But that just makes me look funny when I walk, it doesn't feel bad. Today I've felt pretty fantastic in fact - did a bunch of weeding in the front yard and cleaned the bathroom. Now I'm going to put the finishing trim on a the t shirt quilts I started when my step mom was visiting in the fall. First I'm going to ask Dr Google if a bloody show means I'm about to go into labor. I cook up a new question for him every day - he is my bestie :rofl:

I've taken SS to a new level while waiting for labor to start. Losing your plug, having a bloody show, and feeling nauseous does not mean you are on the threshold of labor. Well, at least for us it doesn't.

So I went in for a second sweep this morning. Still just 3 cm and 50% effaced but that makes sense because I'm not having any contractions : ( Had a really good heart to heart with the most educated midwife on staff and if I don't go into labor by Sunday we'll set up an induction at the hospital. I'd have to give birth there by Sunday anyways, so why risk complications by waiting it out any longer? In her experience and from the literature the risk of complications from inducing is the same as risks that happen on their own after 41 weeks. The risks just increase with every day you wait after 41 weeks. And she and I both think that with my cervix already being favorable I should progress quite nicely after being induced. What do you gals make of all that? Do you think I should wait it out any longer than Sunday? The one major downside of being induced is the constant monitoring. If I go into labor on my own next week, we still have to go to the hospital but they'll be more likely to allow us to do intermittent monitoring. That makes a big difference in terms of being able to stay active and try different positions, etc.

DH and I are both a little bummed that we are facing these decisions. We were so excited and hopeful at New Years and with every passing day this week we've just been getting more anxious and frightened about the risks of my placenta degrading, the baby going into distress, etc. Its also no fun to have labor looming over your head for this long. I'm still looking forward to this experience, but my anxiety is definitely rising with every passing day. Its like you know you have to run a marathon but you have no idea when someone is going to drop a starting line on you. And the longer the waiting takes, the harder it is to stay relaxed and not get anxious.

Agh I've been missing all your posts!!

Isn't it crazy how you start ssing again? Will read and catch up shortly. Bradley finally napping and my eyes are closinh

I remember the disappointment when I learned bloody show doesn't necessarily mean labor. :( I had one on saturday before labor which was a Wednesday. Ok want to type so much but must nap while I can

Oh jaimie, I really feel for you. I can only imagine how frustrating it is. I'm shit scared of the idea of being induced too. But the thought of placenta degrading is even scarier I think. I'm just going to hope and pray that he shows his face very very soon. Thinking of you.xxxx

I was induced and had a great experience. I didn't need the drop tho so wasn't monitored til contractions started and by then I was on my way. 4.5 hrs later she was there x have a read of my birth story x

Thanks Nixi - I don't mean to imply that induction is a bad thing. I've just been building a lot of faith back in my body after needing to do IVF to get pregnant and really hoped everything would go smoothly with the birth. Somehow this feels like I'm failing again - but I know its silly. Just like conception, the birth isn't something I have a whole lot of control over. I trust my midwives and doctors and I will follow their advice. I tried to find your birth story but couldn't - would you mind posting the link?

You did have a very smooth pregnancy though and milo is thriving and loving his womb home. I'd say your body is doing superb! Go Jaimie's body!

I should have posted that I still feel really good. My pelvis is a bit wonky when I get up - takes it a while to feel "stable" with all that relaxin in my system. But that just makes me look funny when I walk, it doesn't feel bad. Today I've felt pretty fantastic in fact - did a bunch of weeding in the front yard and cleaned the bathroom. Now I'm going to put the finishing trim on a the t shirt quilts I started when my step mom was visiting in the fall. First I'm going to ask Dr Google if a bloody show means I'm about to go into labor. I cook up a new question for him every day - he is my bestie :rofl:

Oh you're nesting!

Just read the part about entertaining tp. :rofl:

So you have to stay on the monitors with pitocin? That's stinky, I didn't realize it. I agree I'd still do the induction though. I tend to err on the side of caution. Whatever the midwives say is safest for the baby.

I'm impressed you've been walking around at 3 cm. I think that's pretty good for your first. Just wish For you your body kicks in higher gear soon. I still think it will.

Thanks Jill - you are right, Milo and I have done pretty darn well so far and there's no good reason to feel like we are failing at this point. Plenty of women go late. My doula really thinks I should do the extended monitoring next week - an nst and amniotic fluid check every two days or so. That is my other option besides induction - as long as everything looks ok we can keep waiting for labor to get going on its own. Those are the two options we have if we get to Sunday with an indoor baby - extended monitoring or induction. I think that by 42 weeks we have to do induction no matter what.

I can really see both sides of this - waiting and being patient as long as everything is ok with the baby. Or just inducing and not taking the risk of the conditions in my womb deteriorating. I think I'm going to just try and not make a decision for the time being. We've got a couple more days before we need to actually call the midwives...

Thanks so much for your empathy and advice ladies!

Nix, how come you didnt need to be monitored? This is how I thought induction worked: pessary, then pecatin with a monitor on.
Does not everyone need the pecatin then?
Come on milo, come on milo, come on milo.xxx

Jaimie, have you considered trying acupuncture or reflexology? I've heard they are both helpful to some people.xx

Ill find my birthstory later but I had pessary with intention of breaking waters when cervix dilated but it didn't. I had two pessarys then my water went on their own and they put a cannula in in prep to give pecotin but they checked me and I was 7 cm within 2 hrs so never needed it! Xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...hoebe-michelle-24-02-11-very-honest-long.html

Girls! Just got text from Jaimie's husband:

"At the birth center. Labor is going good. We'll keep all posted. Jaimie's a champ".

:happydance:

Love ya Jaimie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Can't wait for more updates! Well done milo!

Soooooooo happy to hear things have got going, fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you jaimie!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->