TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

I guess those aren't little things huh? Definitely the nipple cream though. Maybe nursing pads. Oh! The book "baby whisperer" is great.

Thanks

was thinking about the meal thing, I made freezer meals for my other friend a few years ago for when she had her little boy, and she said they were a godsend as neither her or her hubby had the energy to cook.

I like the book idea, I might have a look for some nursing PJ's as well.

Def second the nipple cream - something that is pure lanolin, like purelan or lanisoh.

I would say lots of little snacks are good as well - things like muesli bars, nuts and raisins and things that can just be snacked on while she is feeding...and maybe some magazines or something like that? Food is definitely the most helpful thing with newborn!

I think the book is a good idea too, but it prob depends on her parenting style as to what book to get?

Such a nice idea Ejay xxxx

What is the 'nasal spray' bit of your siggy with your IVF? I am curious!

Oh yeah that's true about the book. I liked that it tells you how to "read" the babys cries but people may have a specific parenting style they want to follow.

Great ideas on the snacks and magazines!

Oh yeah, the reading the baby's cries thing is cool!

Thanks guys for the ideas. This is my friends first baby, but she doesn't have any other friends with little ones to give her advice.

She is wheat and gluton intolerant so snacks and things are a bit of a challenge, but I will have a hunt about and see what I can find.

Lucky - the nasal spray is a hormone suppressant, Squirrel used Lupron which is injectable but my clinic use a spray, it does the same job. It all starts on wednesday, I am kind of stressed about it all, but trying not to obsess too much.

Hope all you guys are doing well

Will be thinking of you hun xxx all the best

For those of you not on my facebook, here are my blessings from the great ONE above!

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
They are all so beautiful Julia. Twins got so big!

They are all BEAUTIFUL Julia! What gorgeous children you make!

they really are gorgeous pics, you make very pretty babirs!

Thank You ladies! I think all of our babies are gorgeous!!! :cloud9:

I got their pictures taken at a portrait innovations studio. They usually offer a $9.95 package special on the picture of your choice. I ordered a few extra of each child,so I spent a little more than I normally would have but its their first pictures.

I had considered a private photograper but the are very expensive!!!

My sister said the pic of the three of them together that you can tell they are all siblings!

Question: when did or will everyone start rice cereal?....I have been sneaky and putting some into their bottle or in a bowl (very watery not thick at all). Preston eats up to 6 oz at a sitting and Kiera still is throwing up alot even with her zantac (AR medicine). It seems to helpher a little and help Preston from being hungry for 6 oz every 2-3 hours! I only give it in the evening hours or if Kiera just threw up her whole bottle.

I was hoping to be able to start banana's next month sometime for its mucous like properties that may help coat her esophagus and tummy. And I am planning on using my steamer and baby food procesor to make their foods. Idea's?

I am no help on this but LOVE the idea of making your own baby food. I asked for a really nice food processor at our wedding registry for just this very thing :wacko:..........I will be anxious to hear about your experiments!!!!

We didn't start solids til 6 months hun...we had a little bit of rice cereal someone gave us but I found it made Lucy really constipated!

Oh and Lucy ate pretty much everything from the word go....we started with some purees but introduced finger foods at the same time (because she could sit up herself) but then pretty quickly gave up on purees as she handled finger foods so well! She has been eating by herself for months now, and she eats EVERYTHING - beans, tofu, lentils, pesto, pasta, egg, every kind of fruit and vegetable - it's amazing! I am totally doing Baby-led weaning from the start if I have another child.

Whoops, sorry for the rant but I marvel every day at what a good eater Lucy is.

Some of her first foods were avocado, sweet potato, pumpkin, and all sorts of fruits....

Thanks guys for the ideas. This is my friends first baby, but she doesn't have any other friends with little ones to give her advice.

She is wheat and gluton intolerant so snacks and things are a bit of a challenge, but I will have a hunt about and see what I can find.

Lucky - the nasal spray is a hormone suppressant, Squirrel used Lupron which is injectable but my clinic use a spray, it does the same job. It all starts on wednesday, I am kind of stressed about it all, but trying not to obsess too much.

Hope all you guys are doing well

Hi ejay, not sure if its too late for a suggestion, but you could possibly make "lactation cookies" for your friend? These are supposed to help with milk production.
I found a gluten free version here:
https://rumbleinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/05/cookies-my-kids-can-eat-aka-reduced.html

For others who are interested, the regular recipe is here:
https://rumbleinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/01/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-aka.html
or
https://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/lactation-cookies-recipe-increasing.html

the key ingredients are brewers yeast, flaxseed meal and oats. I tweaked the recipe and replaced butter with oil. Also i used a mix of steel cut and rolled oats. turned out quite nicely, and hubby has been hogging on these!! not sure if it helped with supply because mine has plateaued i think, but cookies r cookies any day!

measnt to say to everyone thanks for all the suggestions.

I bought the baby whisperer book and some nipple cream and made the cookies.

My friend loved everything and polished off 4 cookies in an afternoon!!!

She is due any day now.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"