U.S. Mommies To Be

Bella, I know what you mean about wanting to shop,its so frustrating waiting to know!

We also dont mind what we get, already got 2 girls and a boy, but this pregnancy so similar to my sons.

Thats cool that everyone says its a girl, how are you carrying, I heard high was a boy low for a girl:flower:

Hey fellow US mommies!!! Due May 4th here! Seeing some familiar faces here from the First Tri boards! :haha:

I'm feeling pretty good. Just so very tired!

Bella- I know what you mean about shopping! I keep wandering in the baby section wondering if I'll need pink or blue!

I'm on Team Blue!!

Hope you all get to feeling better soon. I still get MS every couple of days but definitely have more energy.

congrats Sammy! Did you just find out its a boy?

Anyone know yet what their hospital bill is going to be like?
My friend has insurance (somewhat decent insurance I think/thought?)
When she checked in she paid a $1700 co-pay and they just got another bill for $2800... the amount their insurance didn't cover! :(

I want to know ahead of time how much it will cost so I'm not surprised/shocked by a big bill and make sure I set that money aside so I don't overspend on nursery stuff etc..

Thanks I just had it re-confirmed yesterday, u/s tech thought it was a boy but didnt stick with it. Had an amnio done due to family chromosome issues and got results back yesterday and confirmed BOY!! and completely ecstatic!

with my first I had a bill for my 1st prenatal visit and it was $6000 for exam and blood work, I dont remember what I actually ended up paying for it but I think insurance covered most of it, if I remember correctly it was a little over $2500

it all depends on your insurance, I am sure you can call and see what they cover and what you can expect to pay. Good Luck Hun

I just talked to my insurance.
I have a $250 deductible which I'm sure I'll have met before May.
I have a PPO but of course its still cheaper to stay in-network.
I am covered for 90% of the costs up to my out-of-pocket maximum.
If I'm in-network, that maximum is $2k
if I'm out-of-network, then that maximum is $6k

So I'm hoping my friends who got slapped with such a big bill either have a high deductible, a high out-of-pocket maximum or were out of network or something like that. I mean hoping that it explains why they paid so much ... because if they should have been covered then I could get similarly screwed, lol!

Either way... WHEW! Lol!

ooh, unless they hit you with the out-of-pocket/deductible on the care provided to the baby too? ummm...

and it depends on the type of birth cheaper to go vaginally but sometimes you dont have a choice and have to get a c-section (more expensive of course)

right, but I'm hoping that max out of pocket still applies right?

(my friend was a vaginal delivery, epidural, no tearing or cutting)

Wow, holy crap thats alot of money!

:shrug: I'm fortunate in the sense that ours will be free, whether its vaginal or C-section.. Or I think we have to pay $25 dollars for something. Thank goodness for tricare, I told DH after he gets out of the military we're only having one more baby, because even with insurance sometimes it costs an arm and a leg to give birth!

At least though with those large bills you can just make payments until it's all paid off, that would help alot..

Oh & Lisa- your little one is due the day before my birthday! :cloud9: .. You should wait an extra day to have him/her.. having a birthday on Cinco De Mayo rocks! :thumbup:

Lol.. I figure my kid will really enjoy a Cinco de Mayo birthday come age 21 :rofl:
But my mom was 10 days late with me and my brother... not sure if they're better at dating the pregnancies now or if I'm doomed to also have a late baby.

With my first I went into labor one day after due date but was in labor for 24 hours but no pregnancy or labor is the same, all I am say I guess is it can happen even with your first...lol

I was past my due date on both of my daughters!
I hoping this one is different and comes on time!

Hello ladies!! I'm from Washington. :flower:

lisa- I changed insurance carriers before we started TTC for this very reason lol. This time around we will just pay 100.00 per day that we are at the hospital and that's it, everything is 100% covered. We have an out of pocket maximum of $500, so anything past five days is free.

With my last pregnancy I'm not entirely sure what my portion was but I know the cost of my hospital bill was just above $10,000. You get a bill from the hospital, a separate bill from the doctor who delivered you and another from your anesthesiologist, if you have one. You can get a ball park estimation from the hospital you are delivering at from a vaginal or c-section by calling. Then ask you OB's office how much s/he charges to deliver.

Hi, I'm from northern california. Near Eureka... and about 80 miles south of the Oregon border.

Can I just say that I envy all of you for being at least within hours of a Hardees or "Carls Jr." ... I want a spicy chicken sandwich sooo bad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->