U.S. Mommies To Be

haha Lisa. I made the decision that i had to have one this time around. More for later in pregnancy than beginning, that was just a bonus. I had placenta complications with Connor which had me on a strict kick count schedule where if it wasn't met I would have to deliver (my placenta aged and calcified early). It would have been nice to have a doppler for peace of mind when they had me so freaked out.

wow, I can totally see why you'd have one now! I just want to avoid any panic of not being able to find the baby one night, lol.
I also don't know if I could resist the temptation to use it daily which I know isn't really recommended unless there is reason, right?

As long as it's FDA approved it's ok to use daily for a quick check. You just have to remember early on some days LO's can hide good. Normally after 12 weeks you don't have that problem though. Once you start feeling regular kicks you don't really need to use it anymore because you know everything is ok when you feel the little one wiggling around. I'm just worried from my experience last time.

Lisa- I'm also in the no doppler club. DF puts his ear to my belly and can hear the fluids moving around and he likes that- but I'm trying to avoid added stress of not finding the baby one day.

I use to work in th hospital so I have a regular stethoscope so every now and then when I dont feel baby move or not paying enough attention to the little kicks I use the stethoscope to hear baby move, still a bit early to hear hb with it couple more weeks, and no harm or worrying about if doppler is safe or not, and just cant afford a doppler atm need to buy new clothes again for me and baby...lol

LOL sammy- I was thinking of popping in the medical supply store and getting a stethoscope!

So where is everyones favorite place to shop for maternity clothes? I actually saw some cute things at Target the other day.

I'm not sure about the doppler. I really want one but I'm afraid I'll panic if I can't find the HB every time.

I had my second ultrasound today! Was able to see my little one! Everything looked good and the heart rate was 163. :)

I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet.. my MIL gave me a T-shirt and my friend up in Sacramento, CA is supposed to give me her hand-me-downs.. but with a newborn I don't know that she's up to it any time soon :haha:
I need plus-size stuff so I'm trying to get by with my regular clothes and a bella band for now.. working great so far!

I like Target the best as of yet and I just look for long shirts that will work with the growing bump, walmart has some longer in length shirts and of course leggings and dresses are great and easy to through on

LOL sammy- I was thinking of popping in the medical supply store and getting a stethoscope!

might as well go with the doppler, if your not worried about using the doppler often. they are less expensive than a good stethoscope

I really love the plus size clothing from Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy. The old Navy leggings are SO comfy!

The Gap stuff looks AWESOME.. but as usual its totally pricey

Ya, I probably wont get either. lol.

As far as maternity clothes- I've tried on a couple things from Ross but didn't like how they felt. I have been living in yoga pants- or just pulling my jeans (the ones that were a size too big) below my belly- but tht makes them fall off my bumm too- so yoga pants is wher I'm at.
I liked the long shirts tat Target had, those are the only things that I want to buy right now.

Ah, I wish I could wear yoga pants to work :haha: I'm lucky that I can wear jeans every day (the benefit of working in an office that is dominated by engineers!). Maybe when I'm near the end of my pregnancy and waddling etc, nobody will mind if I rock the yoga pants... but doing it now would just be taking advantage :haha:

I have a few pair that are really thick and have lines down the front to make them look a lot more professional than just the standard ones that I pick up from Wet Seal. Kohls has some nice ones for a good price. I also have some flimsy cute ones that are for days off.

Miss Fox: I see you have a doggie and from the looks of it your dog is like your baby? Are you worried about how your pup is going to act around the baby? I have a 4 year old boxer and he is my child and im worried that hes gonna be jealous of the baby or feel unloved when I have the baby

I have 2 doggies and 2 kittens- we got the kittens so the puppy (in the picture) would have a dose of what it's like to have some "babies" around! That and for catching/killing mice. My dogs both love my growing belly- our almost 5 yr old dog kisses the belly! I'm not very concerned with the pup (she's 11ish months old right now). She's hyper and the baby is going to be "her baby too" I'm not going to push the dogs away, but make sure they know that we are all one big family.
Just make sure your dog knows what's going on (probably already does!) and spend time with your dog and your belly. I've heard that lots of dogs understand that when your belly is huge and then you go away and then come back with a baby and the belly is less big they understand that's what the baby came out of. I'm sure it'll be just fine- but make sure that you don't completely neglect your dog, scold them for coming close to you with baby and tehy will love the baby also.

I have a 15 month old dog (bichon frise) and 3 cats. I'm not worried about the dog accepting the baby... he just loves being near people so I figure this is just another person for him to be near. I think he'll benefit from me going on walks with the baby.

My dog has never shown any aggression but can get out of control when too excited. I do want to establish dominance correctly with the child so he doesn't think its a toy for him too or steal the baby's toys etc.
I am planning on scolding the dog if he approaches the baby without my ok... but as long as he listens to me, I plan on letting him near the baby often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->