U.S. Mommies To Be

Aww- I hate being far away from something I want! I can't wait to go to Massachusetts in the beginning of December- there are so many places i want to eat!

lol I haven't eaten at a Carl's jr in forever. I'm much more into mexican food these days! Give me a place with some good tacos.

Lol, I have Taco overload here... what I really miss are some restaurant chains that just aren't in my town. Like Togo's (sandwiches) and even places like Olive Garden.

We have fabulous restaurants here, in fact, eating out is one of our top nightlife activities here :rofl: And whenever guests visit or former residents return it usually includes a requested tour of favorite places to eat.
There are just a few comfort classics I miss from the Bay Area where I grew up.

oh.. and Sonic keeps advertizing their shakes etc... and we don't have a Sonic's in town.. nearest is like 40+ minutes away.. its just CRUEL I tell you!
(ditto for Olive Garden)

ah DH and I always stop and Weinersnitzel when we pass by it outside of town because we miss it and don't have one here either, :haha:

cherry limeade with vanilla ice cream. yuummm. Makes me want to go to Sonic.

I'll just have to comfort myself that you don't know the joys of Blenders in the Grass (way better smoothie place than any other I've seen)

Blenders in the grass? LOL. sounds like a healthy raw food place.

its just a smoothie place... and trust me, their peanut butter smoothie is NOT health food :rofl:
They do have healthy options like swapping out regular milk for soy etc...
But I find their flavors so much more simple and uncomplicated than Jamba Juice's ... in a VERY good way.
And they have about 2x the flavors and are cheaper.

Mmmmm Sonic! They have the best ice cubes :haha: I know that sounds weird, but I have a "thing" with chewing the ice after I finish the drink.. and they have those teeny square ice cubes that are really crunchy :)

And Olive garden.. and perkins.. oh what I wouldn't give for a medium rare steak from Perkins..

Overall I'm just tired of Doner Kabobs & German food, I'll never take American fast food for granted again when we get back!

Blenders in the grass sounds like one of those insanely healthy vegan places.. hehe.
But smoothies sound delish...

I miss really good chinese food! In the Bay Area there are so many great places to get some...down here there is only one that I can stand, the rest are just WRONG :haha:
Great mexican food down here, but not sure its worth the trade off :haha:

I think the other thing I have where I am is great produce. My husband lived in Boston for a year and was shocked at the fruit deprivation they have there most of the year, and the high prices. We have so many fruit choices all year round.

lol, it was started by some hippy guys I think... it was started very locally and now is up and down the coast... we have like 4 of them in town though which is awesome. Their lowest calorie one is the Cranberry which is delish... but I also love their Date one with strawberries added... also the strawberry colada is good...
ok.. I may have to go get one soon.

:dohh: Oh lisa, now I want a flipping smoothie..

& considering its almost midnight I'm pretty sure thats not going to happen..
I seriously dislike middle of the night cravings!

As for the hippy guys starting it :lol: That sounds about right for the name of it :) A cranberry smoothie? Eee, doesn't sound very good.. isn't it bitter and yuck tasting?

ooh, not bitter at all (sorry for causing the late-night craving, its probably too cold for a smoothie anyway, right? ;) )
Its not super sweet, but its the perfect tangy-ness.
I don't know if you like tart fro-yo.. but its not even as tart as that.
PLUS, I get to feel like its not only low-cal, but its great for preventing UTIs :haha:

I'm afraid of all the free supplements now though... I think I chose honey last time since that seemed 'safe'. I just don't know what's in most of those, how much of the herbs/vitamins are in there and whats safe for pregnancy. And it only matters because the supplements are free, hehe... so it feels like a waste not to get them.

bellablu- fast food has been my sickness savor. It's about the only thing I can eat because I don't have to smell it being cooked and most stuff still tastes good.

Lisa- at first I was thinking it was one of those places, like we have up in Seattle, where they blend grass and other green things to makes a "healthy" smoothie.

lucky - well they do of course offer wheat grass shots and sell these horrible looking 'oat cakes' by the register.. but most people get the most unhealthy smoothies there, lol.. like the peanut butter one with chocolate added is probably their most popular smoothie... and I think its as bad as a milkshake health-wise.

OMG OMG! I Want a peanut butter and jelly (really just some kind of juice) smootie
and OLIVE GARDEN! ArGH! The nearest olive garden is 3 hours away!!!

I've went off peanut butter since getting preggers. Olive garden sounds amazing though!!!

I got my doppler today and found the baby's heart beat. :cloud9:

aww, I made the decision not to get a doppler but all you ladies with them keep tempting me! Darn you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->