Waiting to start IVF in January anyone else?

Ahh bless him mobaby, hopefully hes on the mend now, must have been hard for you too xx

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. Planning to practice midfullness, try and live in the moment and not allow myself to spin out endless disasterous scenarios in my head. Did yoga again this morning yay me!

Mobaby-hope lo is feeling better.

Hi Ladies,

Could I join you please?

I am starting IVF Donor in Czech in Jan

I am waiting on my AF to arrive so I can have my blood test done. I am very irregular so really not sure when it will arrive...although my lining was 7.5 and I was told AF should arrive soon...

xx

Mobaby, omg. I hope your LO feels better. That sounds painful.

Regarding acupuncture, I've done it for 2 months straight. It helped me calmed my mind more than anything physically. My acupuncturist became my counselor :D. The only problem I had was that her office was pretty far and located in a very busy area. So there was always traffic to go there and to go home. Now THAT stressed me out. I am going to give another acupuncturist a try. She is specializing in fertility so she understands a lot of the whole IVF process..etc.

Afm, nothing much going on with me. I got suck in to watch a show called 90 day Fiance. You can find it on youtube or TLC website if you are interested. Fyi, it's a reality shows about people whose fiances are foreigners and they have 90 days to get married after receiving the fiance visas for U.S. DH, who is not big into reality shows, called it good tv LOL! Otherwise, I am not enjoying being on BCP so fast. I thought I had 2 more weeks to go before I start BCP again. Oh well, BCP always make me constipated and bloated. But so far, those are the only negative things I have. Hopefully, this time it'll help suppress my cysts.

Hope, welcome!! Hopefully you'll have AF soon :).

Hope everyone else are doing well :).

Having been through IVF five times, here's the advice that I was given after the unsuccessful third attempt:

Following the first three IVF procedures, the doctor told me that I could get on with my day/life, but not to exert myself or overdo it. I took it easy and went about my day without exerting myself, but each attempt was unsuccessful (for unexplained reasons).

I went to a new doctor for attempt #4 and was told that, if possible, take time off work and spend at least three days in bed. I followed this doctor's advice and became pregnant. I don't know why this worked but it did. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage in the 9th week.

For the 5th and final attempt, I went to yet another doctor and was not given any advice other than to take it easy and not exert myself. No mention of staying in bed. Since it worked before, I decided to take vacation time and stay in bed for three days. I now have a beautiful baby girl.

I don't know if this really made a difference, but if we decide to add to our family in a few years, I'm going to follow this advice again.

Hi ladies just popping in quickly to say thanks for The good wishes for starting my new job on Monday, I'm scared and excited all at once. Tucked up in the caravan in snowdonia with DH now for the weekend so it will be here before I know it :)

Cmo my clinic actively encourage acupuncture and I found it very beneficial. If I can fit it in ill do it again this next cycle.

Hope everyone else is ok and has a fab weekend xxx

Welcome hope :) good luck for Jan, were all in it together x

Acbow, thank u fpr the advice, Im definitely going to bed rest first couple days then potter round house and little dog walks and definitely not go to work til I know the outcome!

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend so far...

I am still waiting for AF to arrive...I have the same 'heavy head' feeling which I got just before my AF last month so hoping its nearly here...

I just want to get started...

The clinic has asked me to get 3 boxes of BCP's which I have...my GP gave me Marvelon...just wondered, is anyone else on these or have any of you used it before? I hope its not going to give me a hard time! Also not sure yet when I will need to start them.
I also need to get my blood test done on days 1-3 of my AF too...hoping that comes back all ok...
My ultra scan was ok and my hubby had his test yesterday and the results should be available 3-5 days.
xx

Hi ladies,

If you don't mind I'd like to join in this conversation.
We will be starting IVF with ICSI in January- February.
Back story on us. We have been TTC for just shy of 2 years. We have spent the last 9 mos. receiving treatment from a fertility center. We have done 5 super ovulation induction cycles 4 of them with IUI. In the last 2 years I have had two miscarriages. I just had a D and C on Nov. 3rd due to a missed miscarriage.

We are waiting for IVF with ICSI due to open enrollment and changing over insurance coverage. It will roll over on the first of the year. Which makes me think February by the time they can get approval from the new plan for coverage. Those things take time.

In the mean time. I'm looking for things to keep myself from going crazy. I'm so excited to move on and start this new treatment protocol.

Hi willow! Sorry about your recent miscarriage. So unfair! I've had 2 as well and 2 d&c. Hopefully ivf is what you need to get your forever bfp!

LO is doing better. He is finally fever free and blisters have started to heal.

Heavy hope af comes soon for you! You probably will start the pills cd1-3. I've not used that brand before. I've used desogen.

I'm having issues with spotting right now. Which it won't matter because my lining isn't an issue until I start stims but af was nov 1, 4 days of af, and brown spitting ever since. dH and I BD the other day (ashamed to say it had been months because of LO and too sleepy to BD) and I had pink bleeding and now brown again. Worried this will delay things. I normally feel ovulation which should have been today but no ovulation signs and still town spotting. I bet af arrives late now. I don't temp or have taken an opk either. Oh well. What can we do. Why do our bodies not cooperate when we need them too? It could be due to the fact it was only my 2nd af post partum. I have a gyn appt Monday for my pap (it's been a while, too long!) so I'll ask then. And I'm going to have my thyroid checked also since I did have an abnormal lab when I was preggo (my thyroid was working too much) but I didn't need meds.

Lizzie, hope your monday was great! New job...new people...new opportunity :).

Hope, not sure about your RE. But, I start my BCP on 2nd day of AF. I have to call the nurse when AF arrives, then she'd tell me to start BCP and emailed me my calendar on how long to take the BCP for, when to stop, when to start injections, possible retrieval and transfer days, and type of meds to take. So, chat with your RE or nurse and they'd be able to give you more directions. Unfortunately, I am on a different type of BCP. Hopefully yours will work well with your body :).

Willow, welcome and sorry for your losses. Hopefully, beginning of 2015 will be a great beginning for all of us :).

Mobaby, how was the appt w/ the OB? Hope everything is ok.

AFM, nothing much going on with me. Almost a week after taking the new BCP and so far so good. I'll have u/s and BW on the 18th of December, which is 14 days before stim starts. It sounds a bit earlier compare to my previous possible IVF schedule. Previously, I had U/S and BW 3 days prior to possible Stim. I wonder if it's because I had cysts on prior cycle. I am worried that I'd have cysts again and have to cancel the january cycle. I know that RE told me that the BCP should definitely help w/ the cysts but there is a linger fear that it won't go away then what do we do? arrrrgghhh. stupid range of emotions from excited, scared, tired, frustrated, happy, and sad...all in one hour lol. I better start working :).

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Hi ladies,

Can I join you? I've been stalking the thread since it started but waiting for my schedule to see if i would start ivf in Jan.

We've been ttc#1 for over two years. Our initial tests showed we had severe male factor issues (low everything, but mainly motility). My hsg suggested a possible blocked right tube and discovered today I have v.low AMH levels and low follicle count! :-(

On the bright side very excited to have dates to start tratment in Jan, so just need to wait for the meds to arrive and keep our fingers firmly crossed! x x

Hi jaybo, good news you can soon start, fingers crossed for us all!

Very quick check in from me to try and keep up a bit. First day in new job was great! Not such a good start when it took me 3 1/2 instead of 2 1/2 hours to get there (hoping tomorrow will be better!) but otherwise great. Everyone seemed excited to have me onboard and I feel enthusiastic which I hope will help my next cycle. Absolutely shattered after an early start and with another one looming so no personals but will catch up later in the week when everything settles down a bit. Xxx

Lizzie 2.5 hours one way to work? Crazy!
Ob/gyn appt went well. I will be switching to this practice if I can get preggo again. Had my "yearly" female exam. Said spotting is normal as body is still trying to regulate itself since it was only second af after breastfeeding. So hoping with all my fingers, toes and legs crossed that af comes like normal on nov 29th.

Oh I wanted to ask- I hope me talking about LO or mentioning post baby doesn't hurt anyone... If it does I will try really hard not to say things about it. I struggled really really hard to get my LO (6 ivf transfers, 2 mc's, surgeries) so I know how hard this is for everyone but since I did have a LO I want to be sensitive too. I also feel like I can be a good resource for those with failures and I know a lot about ivf and everything associated with it because I've gone through so much. So feel free to ask me anything you may have questions about.

Glad went well lizzie, you must be shattered with that travelling! Have a good week :) xx

Mobaby, I dont mind at all, I love a success story and if you can help anyone else then even better :) xx

Lizzie, 2 1/2 commute one way is no joke! Hopefully today's commute is better for you.

Jaybo, welcome!!!

Mobaby, I don't think any of us will feel bad if you talk about your little one. There is a reason why we are all here. So feel free to talk about LO. Definitely will need advice from you when January comes :). So happy to have someone who has been through the whole process before. :hugs:.

Thanks ladies xxx
Mobaby it doesn't upset me either but I do think it's really sweet that you checked, this roller coaster turns us all into crazy people sometimes!! Hope you get the sibling for your LO with us all at the start of next year xxx

Think i am ovulating today! Felt the typical ovulation pains so it looks like AF will be 3 days late but thats okay.
How is everyone doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->