• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Waiting to test Dec 5.

Aww Mrs he is too cute! I enjoy temping/charting too, I think the scientific part of it is super fascinating! Indie how many DPO are you? I am going to force myself NOT to test until the absolute latest date that :af: could show. If I can pinpoint my O day by temping, that'll give me the exact day... but I just started today and with my + OPK yesterday TODAY could be O day and my temps won't help enough for accuracy :shrug: At least I can estimate.

I just started temping for the first time a few days ago, and just started using OPK today for the first time. It is crazy all the science behind things. Love it yet at times hate it (mainly when i try so hard, think i got it only for BFN to appear and AF to haunt me for 5 days). FX

I got a positive opk 18 days ago!! But bfn today again !! Using cheapy tests as refuse to pay for expensive one till I see some colour on my test!

I might temp next month, cani just use my lo thermometer or am I getting t all wrong? Xx

I got a positive opk 18 days ago!! But bfn today again !! Using cheapy tests as refuse to pay for expensive one till I see some colour on my test!

I might temp next month, cani just use my lo thermometer or am I getting t all wrong? Xx

You would want to use an actual basal thermometer from my understanding because it reads to the nearest 10th of a degree. I just started temping a few days ago so im no expert by any means. I ordered my thermometer off FairHaven.com. Great reviews, and cheap! No issues out of mine so far! Also temping vaginally works best because a lot of people sleep with their mouth open (but you can still temp orally), make sure to temp at the same time everyday if possible, upon waking before getting out of bed or anything.

You would want to use an actual basal thermometer from my understanding because it reads to the nearest 10th of a degree. I just started temping a few days ago so im no expert by any means. I ordered my thermometer off FairHaven.com. Great reviews, and cheap! No issues out of mine so far! Also temping vaginally works best because a lot of people sleep with their mouth open (but you can still temp orally), make sure to temp at the same time everyday if possible, upon waking before getting out of bed or anything.

Yes get a basal thermometer. I didn't order mine, just went to Meijer and grabbed one for like $6. Any local supermarket store should have one - Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, Kroger, etc. - and they aren't expensive.

Indie I may have asked this is a different thread but what cycle day/DPO are you on? How long are your cycles typically? I think I have maybe one HPT left but refuse to waste it!

I had to order mine because no place around me had them! when i went to the pharmacy tech person at walgreens they had no idea what that was. I went to 3 different places and nothing so i just ordered it online and it arrived in like 2 days.

BFN again for me this morning.. got the news a friend who doesn't want to be is pregnant last night, then found out my other friend who didnt want to be pregnant is having a girl (which is great because she said she didnt want a boy at all :( ) I'm just feeling quite jelous :/ & im feeling super anxious about MRI results so today sucks. I think AF will show today because of how im feeling. I need to see some wanted BFPs on here to cheer me up!

last cycle i started out really good, thinking "ohhh i got it this cycle! mwhahah" then during the TWW i got bummed, like i KNEW it didnt happen... later on in the TWW i started feeling optimistic again, then poof AF hit and had me feeling gloomy. trying not to have much emotion this go around since the last 2 cycles i had emotion and got my hopes up. Its such an exciting time but damn so stressful too. I wish you the best with everything and MRI. FX!

BFN again for me this morning.. got the news a friend who doesn't want to be is pregnant last night, then found out my other friend who didnt want to be pregnant is having a girl (which is great because she said she didnt want a boy at all :( ) I'm just feeling quite jelous :/ & im feeling super anxious about MRI results so today sucks. I think AF will show today because of how im feeling. I need to see some wanted BFPs on here to cheer me up!

I know how that is... my ex husband and his gf had their "surprise" baby in October and a friend of mine who didn't think she would ever conceive just had her baby shower :growlmad::finger: I try to remind myself that I'm so lucky to already have two beautiful children but it still saddens me to think I may not be able to give my partner a child :cry:

Aww Mrs he is too cute! I enjoy temping/charting too, I think the scientific part of it is super fascinating! Indie how many DPO are you? I am going to force myself NOT to test until the absolute latest date that :af: could show. If I can pinpoint my O day by temping, that'll give me the exact day... but I just started today and with my + OPK yesterday TODAY could be O day and my temps won't help enough for accuracy :shrug: At least I can estimate.

Very true! At least if you O in the next two days you know that you have at least 16 to test. My lp is usually about 13 days long. so I know that my af will be here in 6 days.. if my O date is correct this time.

alright ladies, what is your take on caffeine? I have cut back A LOT, but i cant get rid of coffee while I'm TTC (unless someone wants to see my face on the most wanted poster), sometimes i have one glass (maybe not 8oz but it is ONE!) and some days i have two... but i have cut back so much. I pretty much cut out the rest of the caffeine and drink tons of water, take prenatals etc.....I know people who were ntnp and drank a lot of caffeine and became pregnant, i have read that its a big no no etc, other articles state that it doesn't have an issue when TTC but when you find out you are pregnant you should have only a certain amount, and some articles say it will harm fertility. What are your thoughts or experiences? :)

I am 16 dpo I think!! I have irregular periods started off with like 21 day ones and went about nine weeks without one too!! ( we are mid moving home so think this has not helped me!) Thanks for temping help I'm in the uk but wonder if our supermarkets have them? Will peruse the aisles next time :) I too want to see sennfp from u ladies!

Caffeine wise with my little boy I do remember cutting down to one cup of tea a day the month I conceived !!! Don't know if that help tho!! Xxx

Ok.. my take on caffeine.... maybe I'm selfish.. But I cute back to 1-2 cups of coffee a day while I was pregnant. I used to drink coffee all day before... and I was a smoker too. Somehow being pregnant made me NOT want either thankfully.. so I just stopped.. aside from my morning cup.

I'm not very chipper till I've had my morning coffee.. But my body got sick if I smoked so I was able to stop cold turkey on those.

However my first drink post baby, I craved a cigarette so bad.. and it was gross.. so that's about the only time will have one now...

I do thank pregnancy for changing that about me.

I hope we get some more bfps in here!! You ladies all deserve one! And the jealous feelings are natural! Don't worry. My twin sister has been married for over 8 years and watched her 4 other siblings have babies. I know it's hard on her. When we had out little scare last cycle... she asked if I could just wait for her to have one before we try for #2.

At least we're not trying full on so if it happens I won't feel bad. But I feel her pain.. and yours. Just have lots of :sex: and let loose. Being stressed about it is the worst thing you can do.

Side note: I bought a regular thermometer 3 years ago and that's whY I've used and could see a clear temp shift with it. (Until this blasted month till 8 days ago) It's been my best friend over the years.. it takes a long time to read though so I've been using my son's 8 second thermometer and it reads the same temp when i tested it together. So that's what I do..

Sorry for the book here

I know when I get my BFP one day i will cut back A LOT with coffee, I do not drink, smoke or do any drugs. So I am hoping me having a couple cups of coffee or Tea that it will not affect my fertility, if it is true that it does. I am switching now to half reg. and half decaf to start getting me use to it. The only thing i put in my coffee is a little bit of creamer. FX we get BFPs soon!! :) thank you for the inputs!

thanks ladies! Its hard to be happy for others who dont wanna be/get there so easily when youre studying a nothing line for 20 min straight, just for AF to show up an hour later and devastate us! Then I try to think about those whove bern at it longer and I cant imagine. Weve been technically NTNP for 2 years but pretty much TTC without temping . As for caffeine I cut back to a cup a day of coffee when I was pregnant. I craved coffee more than anything tho!! AF never showed today. Had a wonderful birthday dinner with my family and ate 2 huge plates of food!! Im back to holding onto hope that I could be one of those people who dont get their BFPs until really late..especially after the massive dinner and crazy cream cheese aversion this morning ( couldnt even look at the stuff!)

Ugh I'm so frustrated right now! I wanted to try SMEP but that didn't work because I couldn't keep my partner off of me. Then once he now knows I got a + OPK he wants no part of BD. I'm just about to give up. It seems like I'm the only one putting in so much extra effort with everything, not just TTC. I just knew this would happen. Maybe we're just not meant to have a child... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry mamabunny :( we dint do opks but DH always seems to get cold feet right when I think im oing :/
So ladies I've been researching late BFPs all night. There are a lot of positive outcomes with stories just like ours!! Also, it's very strange but I found a lot if late BFPs resulted in twins! Wouldn't that be crazy! I have two tests left and idk if I should wait a few more days or take one tomorrow..

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It almost seems like he purposely did it. Makes me feel terrible. Wow that would be crazy... twins! If you have a few tests and are past :af: due date I'd use one if it was me :winkwink:

Thanks for sharing that research hiphiphooray. My Dh would loooove twins. He is the opposite of most guys I read about on here, was ready to ttc before we were even married! He can't wait to be a dad so I feel bad for him too when I get a bfn.

Cd44 for me today... Still no af. If no af by weekend I think I'll make a dr apt. Such a busy work week with school Christmas concert and stuff so I'll wait till then.

Lol ill let you ladies take the twins lol. I am a twin and nope.. don't want any part of that lol. If that's what I get ill be happy of course..

Here's to afs staying away today!!!

I thiiiiink I may have O'd yesterday but not positive. My temp spiked this morning but I didn't get a full 3 hours of sleep and just like yesterday morning I took my temp after 20 minutes of him hitting the snooze button on the alarm :shrug: I had O pains yesterday evening and night and got my first + OPK the day prior so it's possible. I'm going to anticipate :af: arriving on the 22nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->