We are PUPOLICIOUS hotties! (19 BFPs so far!!)

Thx Kris i know what u mean bout stressing on finding the heartbeat..i have no clue if it's hard to find or not. Basicly so far each time the dr just put the probe on my tummy and pooof heartbeat right away.

Since im a completly klutz tho i'd probably end sticking it on my bladder and freakin out due to abnormal sounds lolol

RJ's HB was always really easy to find I just worry that even if I hear something wrong I wouldn't be able to do anything about it in time. I am a firm believer in kick counts and finding a routine in how your baby moves. RJ stopped moving right before he passed and I will never forgive myself for not fighting harder for him. I went to the hospital, I had all the tests done but he still passed away. So this time around baby movement is going to be the most important thing for me to watch...I think that will be enough to drive me mad!

Kris big hugs to you sweety. I know you did everything in ur power to try and save your baby.

Basicly i txted DH with the info and told him that it's his call. If he thinks we should get one then i'm on aboard. If he doesnt then it's ok.

Kris :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I can't even imagine....I'm sure a doppler would drive me mad too that's why i didn't let myself buy one!

Thanks for the advice girls...i think its either gonna be my mom wants to host it or I will be at my house...i think its fun that way anyways...everyone brings a little something and I love to cook anyways so i can make fun finger foods :)

mmmmm soooo many to choose from!!!!! I would say deep fried raviolli on lolipop sticks with marinara dip :) u guys????

Morning all! Lisette- I want to eat all those cupcakes. yummmm!
Jessy- Hopefully all day sickness will go away soon, although I met with a friend and her little man yesterday (he's about 5 months old) and she was sick her entire pregnancy... sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
As for dopplers- I was really tempted to get one but I never gave in. I think it would have made me more stressed. Plus, in a matter of time you'll be able to feel he/she move and that's reassurance enough.
As for the shower- the planning is being done. Here we make a big deal out of it being a suprise so other than giving my mom the address list and guest list and my registry info I pretty much have no idea what's going on! I think it's sometime in May but I really don't have a clue. I just assume I'll know when based on when my sister is up visiting. haha

Ordered nursery furniture this weekend and bought the wall art and lighting. Tonight starts our birthing classes and this weeks schedule is hectic... Just another manic monday...

That's ok Liz i'm monitered closely with my dr so i know if ever the MS get's out of control again i'll be able to take something to help it. She's also reassured me that there is no prob taking the specific kind for MS threw out my pregnancy since it's especialy for that and not harmfull to the baby.

Doppler wise i dunno why it popped into my head! I've seen some of the other girls on the BFP before due date thread have all gotten some and have been raving about how excellent it is and etc etc. Guess it made me curious lolol.

I Love mini quesidillas too!! And the sour cream salsa chip and guacamole mixed dip for chips omggg yumm!! And mini pita stuffed sandwiches..crap i'm making myself hungry lolol

I just had a left over taco for lunch... Mmmmm, deep-fried with jalapenos, salsa, and sour cream. LOL

You baby shower ideas sound awesome! My sister and Mom are planning a family shower for me, but they won't tell me what they are planning (except the date, which is in August). But I figure they will tell me eventually because my sister is a serious procrastinator and she will need help getting everything done.

Lisette- the hand is fine, stitches come out on Friday morning :)

Jessy- I vote no on the doppler too. Although I was tempted, I just know I will drive myself crazy. I was starting to get a little ansy since I haven't been able to feel the baby move again after I did a last week, but I think it was rolling around last night (either that or I had some serious gas LOL).

Glad your hand is doing ok Stacie, and that it wasn't in a bad spot!

Jessy, chances are your ms will let up! think positive!! at least there are drugs out there though :)

My baby shower thoughts: Outside is fabulous!! My mom hosted mine outside and I think people appreciate being able to enjoy a nice day outside for something like that. Definitely yes to the booze, even if it's just wine. I know when I'm at one i like a drink!
Personally i'm totally against shower games. Sorry to anyone that likes them, but I like to just go, get a bite, chill and see you open my gift...then goodbye! :) Any ones that I helped host I kept to 2 hours. Am I a grinch?! haha

Doppler - I had one with DD but after her it broke...so I never used it on my angel baby. maybe if I did I would have known something?? I don't know. So I got a new one for this baby, and I love having one. That being said, early early on it's very hard to find the HB, and I understood this from the beginning...so I never panicked when I couldn't find the HB. I just put it down and tried again later. But I liked knowing there was a HB, and that I could count it and it did give me reassurance when I needed it. I used it probably once a week until I started feeling consistent movements. Even now I give it a random check just to make me feel better!!

Kris, I'm so sorry you feel that way...of course you did everything you could, you definitely can't blame yourself for that. xoxoxoxo

Awww Lauren, no games at all? ;)

I get what you are saying. I hate going to showers where they want you to play 15 games and the shower ends up lasting 4 hrs. I don't mind playing a game, but keep it quick and simple.

Agreed for shower games i'm not much of a fan either. The only one that doesnt bother me is when they do a 50/50 draw or the whole door prize guess how much is in the jar of whatever and closes person wins something. But that's it simple games that arent a hassle.

Ya i figured a bit of booze would be good for our guests. Like i said nuttin fancy just a bit of alchool...even tho i'm gonna b drinking virgin whatevers lolol. So far when we go out i get to have virgin daiquiris or virgin margaritas which are still yummy but i dunno..i will miss a really decent tequilla margarita this summer for sure! Ohh well no biggie it's not the end of the world.

Awww Lauren, no games at all? ;)

I get what you are saying. I hate going to showers where they want you to play 15 games and the shower ends up lasting 4 hrs. I don't mind playing a game, but keep it quick and simple.

Prob is that alot of shower games are longer LOL. Ohh god especialy baby shower bingo...that is just something i 'm not interested in having a mine sweet baby jesus..:dohh:

We will do our shower after the baby comes so that everyone can meet the bubs and Iam still won't be comfortable until bubs gets here safe and sound! We will also do co-ed and alcohol too without games...just a good old fashioned party! :)

Thanks for the support Lauren...just feeling the full onslaught of hormones today with tears, fears, and laughs. Love the rollercoaster!

Yay Kris! I think us Canadian chicas know how to partayyy!! LOLOLOL i kid i kid i'm sure every one of u are wild lil party animals.

Lots of people would kill me if i waited till after beany is born..so far i've been scolded god knows how many times just after mentioning that ohhh we want to go and buy this and this and this...everyone is like nooooo u are not allowed to get anything until after ur shower blalbalbla...as if i can wait another freakin 4 months!! We at least want to paint the room and everything when we get the official confimation gender wise cuz as if i could wait. Plus we'll know for sure begining of june so at least it wont be killer with the hot weather and i'll hopefully not be super duper bumpy and dying of heat LOL.

Lauren I agree...short and sweet and outside with some booze I think people will totally appriciate...all depends on what grandma wants now ;)

Jess I just love the "sweet baby jesus" expession you use! Always makes me crack up :hugs:

Anyone talk to Lisa? If you're reading I hope you're doing ok girl and you can give us an update when you feel up to it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->