We are PUPOLICIOUS hotties! (19 BFPs so far!!)

rar Kim...I would be pissed too!!!! that's totally irresponsible! give them hell!

Jessy I totally can see why that would bug you a bit, but trust me it's so awesome for other people to buy all your stuff!!! We hardly had to buy anything for DD and it was a total blessing because man that crap's expensive!! and take it now while you can, because we're not getting squat for this baby....haha...so it's good that we already have everything we need. people were so generous!

So your gender scan is Friday?

I have to say cleaning REALLY kicks my ass...but I'll manage. Just a sore pelvis!

Oh and 21 Jump Street was awesome!!! I love that Johnny Depp had a cameo at the end. I'm probably the only one old enough to remember the tv show? I didn't really watch it b/c I was a bit young, but I definitely remember it being on!

Thx girls and trust me if it was only like u guys we're saying it would be fine. But it turns out it's not even the furniture we wanted??! And i warned him i have no clue how many times that we would make a registry with the specific things we wanted...so y'all get where i'm coming from.

All thought this is the real kicker. My MIL landed at our house yesterday with 2 giant backs containing about 200 pieces of PINK GIRL CLOTHING she bought off another person...i was shocked!! We still havent even confirmed yet what we're having! There are 4 days left damnit..and then the real blow ur mind made me so goddamn pissed was that we we're talking about the baby shower that is on aug 25th..and she dropped the bomb that she doesnt think her side of the family would come to it so she feels it's better to just throw a seperate shower...so all her friends can also come to it. I was like r u fucking kidding me??? She's like well i believe it's the mother in law that should throw it and not ur mother. I turned purple. Thankfully DH gave her a piece of his mind saying that it was already all arranged and that we want ALL the families together at 1 shower...jesus...i'm sorry your daughter is 31 and hasnt had a baby yet but damnit that's not my fault...anywhoo sorry i was just pissed off.

Happy monday to all! I'm off friday so today is actualy my tuesday eeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Stace hope the magic kingdome is being extra magical for you!!

Kim ahhh u have all the AF symptoms except the actual AF?? How long does it normaly take for Provera to kick in?? Could something be wrong??

Kim i hope af shows soon hunni!!!!!!!!! Fxddddd

jess, if its not what u wanted i would kinda pissed..but you dont wana make them feel bad you know? It is a shitty situation..what are you guna do?

How was everyones weekend?

Kim i hope af shows soon hunni!!!!!!!!! Fxddddd

jess, if its not what u wanted i would kinda pissed..but you dont wana make them feel bad you know? It is a shitty situation..what are you guna do?

How was everyones weekend?

It's absolutly not what i wanted and i find it's over stepping the boundaries. Either he exchanges it or better yet he can keep it for his set at his place whatever...

ohhh yeah that's a different story Jess. Since when does the MIL throw the shower?! Mine did, but only because my mom had my shower in Boston and obviously the Nova Scotia people weren't going to travel down for that, so that was ok.

yeah it seems that's what's happening here...she is so over the top excited about this baby she can't control herself. If you don't like the things she got you just return them!! it's awfully presumptuous of her to pick your stuff!!! This will be your first child and you want to be able to pick stuff out for him/her...it's fun! She has to be spoken to!

ohhh yeah that's a different story Jess. Since when does the MIL throw the shower?! Mine did, but only because my mom had my shower in Boston and obviously the Nova Scotia people weren't going to travel down for that, so that was ok.

yeah it seems that's what's happening here...she is so over the top excited about this baby she can't control herself. If you don't like the things she got you just return them!! it's awfully presumptuous of her to pick your stuff!!! This will be your first child and you want to be able to pick stuff out for him/her...it's fun! She has to be spoken to!

Worst part of the clothes she bought? There are hand me downs from another lady and half of them having fucking breast milk stains on them!?!??!?!?

Worst part of the clothes she bought? There are hand me downs from another lady and half of them having fucking breast milk stains on them!?!??!?!?

gross. Send them back to goodwill!

OMG sounds like your MIL is a joke :dohh: no offense, of course! :) I hate when people try to take the spotlight when it's YOUR day. Jesus! I know she was trying to be nice with the clothing but it would be nice if half of them didn't have stains. I've bought stuff from people for my sister's kids but i always look thoroughly at the clothing to make sure there's no stains. And when does the MIL throw the shower?!? I've never heard of such a thing. I'd tell her to blow me. It's going to be your day and if she's just only gonna cause drama and be a total shit.. then i'd tell her just not to even come. It's what YOU want, not her!

Thx Rach! No offense takin i'm kinda hoping it will turn out to be a boy just to in ur face pink clothing...but i,ll still be thrilled if it's a girl u know what i'm saying. Chrsit it's supose to be a happy event and it's just pissing me the hell off.

I now also have to let my mom know about all this cuz no way do i want her to find out from somebody else u know?? Fuck she's going to be insulted...

Jessy- I'd totally be pissed! It's nice of her to buy all the other crap but I'm a firm believer that furniture should be totally and completely your choice. I'd rather pay the excessive money out of my own pocket then be stuck with furniture that I don't love. Especially if it's anything like our set which is a dresser and crib that convert to last the entire childhood. Not that we've gotten ours yet... 8 weeks later and we are still waiting... blah! Maybe this week... I won't hold my breath though.

and I'm all into used clothing--- except when it actually looks used... eek

It's a really hard situation dealing with MIL because if it was your own mother (assuming she'd ever do such a thing) you can just be like, hell no mom! but it's hard to have that conversation with a MIL. Maybe you don't have to tell your mom and if she does find out, just be like - it was so ridiculous it was such a non issue and we took care of it. Don't even give your MIL of stealing energy from all of you!

My MIL is wonderful, but she's so over the top with DD. I told her that my mom bought DD a $55 tickle me Elmo and was waiting to give it to her in person (b/c DD is obsessed with Elmo). Well what does my MIL do? Runs out THAT WEEK and buys DD an Elmo doll and gives it to her. I thought that was so immature! I never told my mom, and we just pretended it was all new to DD, and she didn't care of course. But it's not a competition for who DD will love more. It's just ridiculous!

Omgoodness Lauren! That was a shitty thing to do of your MIL. I agree, it's def harder to talk to MIL because it's not your mother. It's definitely the man's job to talk to their mother about how you're feeling. Big WOOHOO to Jessy's H for sticking up to his mother. Ugh i just hate getting in them predicaments. It def would be funny if it was a boy wouldn't it jess :haha: she would be like WHHHAT?!

Wow Lauren that is shitty...and i get where your coming from cuz i'm terrified that is exactly what will happen with my in-laws! Trying to over buy things so the baby will favor them and etc. I'm sorry that some people have more money then others and can afford tons of stuff but it isnt right.

Rach u bet ur ass he agreed with me. He knows not to fuck with me for that kind of stuff. But he knew right awway that it wasnt ok for her to pull that stunt.

She's also been insiting on being in the delivery room with us and i was like WTF?? If anybody else will be with DH and me it's MY mom and that's it. And if i feel comfortable on my own then it will be just me and DH. She couldnt understand why i felt like that..she was like i'm going to be a grandparent too i want to share in that with u. Pffff fuckkkk that...

I know right?! I guess you have to take a little bad with the good (and not like that's BAD...but just kind of sneaky I thought).

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God. in the delivery room?!!!! to me that's an invite only type of event...it's not something you ask for!!! I didn't even want my own mom in there with me (I understand some people do)...but I would have been blown away if my MIL asked!!!

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God. in the delivery room?!!!! to me that's an invite only type of event...it's not something you ask for!!! I didn't even want my own mom in there with me (I understand some people do)...but I would have been blown away if my MIL asked!!!

Asked??? Pffff dude she flat out insisted! Treated it like a life or death mather!!! I just feel like having my mom there if ever my DH freaks out or something. He's all tough guy pffff easy peasy i'd be comfortable filming ur cooch but saying one thing and then actualy living threw it can be very different.

I guess it's just weirder for me since my family isnt like that at all. My mom is so chill and was like tell me when u want the shower and we'll invite exactly who u want and that's it. No over bearing or insisting on her friends needing to be there or nuttin.

Gotta love monday morning bitching sessions! Totaly liberating experience trust me!! Anyone else have anything to bitch about either family, or in laws or just in general things that people do and etc??

It's a wonderfull experience and kick ass topic of the day!

I can't stand Andrew's mom. She is a huge liar and makes things up to make things sound much worse. She's one of those people that if you have something wrong with you, she's had it 10 x's worse. She is so annoying. Also haven't talked to her in over a year because i heard her telling lies to Andrews dad on the phone about ME. She lives in SC so it helps to not have to see her! I haven't confronted her yet because i know if i do.. i'll go off on her.

Ouchhh Rach that sucks!! Alot of people have problems with their in laws...some are extremely lucky to have fantastic ones while others mehhh.... Mine arent too too bad since i definetly have seen worse but they are far from being the most awomse..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->