We are PUPOLICIOUS hotties! (19 BFPs so far!!)

i actually work with ophthalmologists!

i really dont like my job..lol i cant wait to not be there anymore!!

this morning i woke up nauseous but nothing crazy, i went in shower and got SO sick omg..lol

Good morning girls! Baby is still in. Boo. I did have the best poo of the last 9 months, so hopefully that's a sign. We've been having sex and pushing pressure points and taking walks...ahhh!

How is everyone today?

Good morning! Lauren I was hoping to come on and see that Little Ryan had made her arrival... but soon!

AFM- Little man has made no real sign of progress. Although, I think he's getting lower because every movement is getting more painful. I've been having alot more twinges and cramps which just makes me ancy because I think he'll still be hanging out for a while longer.

Damnit Lauren everytime i see a new post by u i'm always super anxious cuz i think baby Ryan has finaly popped out. Good on sexing it up to try and speed things along...jesus what is taking that baybay so long???

Liz well more pressure lower is definetly good...maybe it wont take u another full 2 weeks?? Wehn is ur next dr visit?

Happy monday morning to all!! We painted Charlie's room all freakin weekend and are finished!! My husband was such a trooper it was...actualy pretty much a turn on LOL. Just need to paint the middle bass boards and put them up and we're done!! I'll be posting pics right after that for sure :)

Can't wait to see Charlie's room! I have an appointment on Wednesday so maybe there will be more news after that

Can't wait to see Charlie's room! I have an appointment on Wednesday so maybe there will be more news after that

It turned out perfect! The 2 shades of exotic purple we chose worked out fantastic thank god. I did have a moment of OMFG when we did the first few brush strokes cuz ur always scared it wont look good and ext u know? But as we kept going i was like ohhhh ya that's hot! :happydance::happydance:

Lauren- boo for still being pregnant ;) I guess she just isn't ready to make her appearance!

Jessy- Yay for painting! I got a lot of cleaning done in Litttle Dude's room, now I am just waiting for DH to get the rest of his shit out of there and we can start the painting process! Ours will be kind of boring looking until it is decorated, because we are going neutral on the wall, but I think it will look the best with the bedding and hopefully it will keep us from having to repaint later :)

Lisa- Your morning sickness is probably a combination of pregnancy/extra progesterone. When I finally came off of the progesterone I felt a lot better. Zofran helped alot, but make sure you drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber with it, because it stopped me up royally!

AFM- I only got 1 hr of sleep since 1am. I could not freaking fall back asleep. It was rediculous! And I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning and I have gained 10lbs in 3 weeks! I am really hoping some of it is fluid. I am going to try to drink a ton of water this week! Also my belly is so big now I am starting to get out of breath and I my chest gets so tight. I think every internal organ is crammed up in my rib cage! I can't believe I have 2.5 more months or longer!

Stace i definetly think the heat isnt helping and could be causing swelling for sure! Plus it also adds water retention...which is just evil all together i think.

As for painting DH just got this huge boost and wanted to make a gorgeous girly room for his little girl...which if u ask me is the begining of him getting suckered in by his daughter LOL. I just know i'm going to be the mean parent out of the 2 LOL. There always has to been person huh?

Morning girls:) hope everyone is doing well. Lauren-!!! Anytime now! Yay! Can't wait to see sweet Ryan's pics.
Jess- glad the paint turned out beautiful. And I agree that is such a turn on to see dh preparing for baby to come:)

Ok ok question since i am a huge halloween freak and adore it with all my heart ive started looking at baby costumes.

Which one is the cutest?

Baby peacock, baby lion or baby tiger?

Baby lion.jpg

Baby peacock.jpg

baby tiger.jpg

Stace- I gained 3 lbs a week for a while which I think was just water weight. I'm happy to say my feet are looking much better now... I'm not sure what the change has been but I enjoy not having Ogre feet (as my DH so loving refers to them as). Last week I actually lost weight which I attribute to sweating excessively. Although I'm starving all the time so I'm sure I'll be back up when I go on Wed.

Jessy- I'm totally going to be the mean parent. My DH has no ability to say no and would ridiculously spoil our child if I didn't say no.

I feel kinda gross today. Mixture of nausea, diarrhea (sp? I can't spell today) and overall tiredness...

OMG I love them all! Although the peacock is the most girlie I think.

and yes I'm going to stalk this site all day because I have no ambition to actually do work.

Speaking of which, I think Lisette asked about when I'd be done work and I'm actually planning on working until little man arrives. I don't get paid for my leave so if I'm going to be poor I'd rather be spending the time with my baby then by myself at home.

Ok i've also added 2 more lolol. Baby moo and baby snow man.

baby snow.jpg

baby moo.jpg

Liz u dont get paid leave at all? U mean before tho right? U get mat leave pay?

I don't get any maternity leave pay. I get what I have in vacation time- I have 2 weeks saved, otherwise I am only eligible to take 12 weeks off unpaid.

I don't get any maternity leave pay. I get what I have in vacation time- I have 2 weeks saved, otherwise I am only eligible to take 12 weeks off unpaid.

Do u get employement insurance that covers a certain period? I think they give 53% or something like that..

Liz- That sucks that you don't get any paid maternity leave! I am lucky to get 70% for 6 weeks (unless my Dr. says I have to take off longer, then I have to see if the insurance company approves additional time).

Jessy- Company's in the U.S. are not required to provide paid maternity leave or even short term disability (which is what I will be on). The only law is that they have to give you up to 12 weeks unpaid leave (which there are still requirement that the company has to meet to be covered under this law). That is one thing that stinks about the U.S. :(

I like the lion and the cow. DS was a lion when he was 2 and it was the cutest thing ever! I don't know what this baby will be, he will only be a month old, so probably not something too elaborate. DS was Tigger on his first Halloween and he was 6 months old.

My company is pretty small and doesn't offer short term disability (would normally cover up to 65% for 6 weeks, after you use your vacation time) because we are a construction based company. If we had this insurance it would cause issues with the workers because they'd probably take advantage of it more than they should. Short Term is really easy to collect on so we'd have alot more injuries being claimed. Also, I'm one of 4 women and the only one to have a kid in recent history (and only one while employed here) so financially it doesn't make sense for the company to offer it. We looked into getting it on our own but it didn't make financial sense so we just started saving up in advance so we'd be able to afford me taking the time off. I'll have 6 weeks off (2 of which will be paid with my vayk time) and then the next 8 weeks I'll work 3-4 days a week instead of 5.

Ahhh i understand i'm not familiar at all with US policies for that kind of leave. Basicly the only thing they cant do is refuse u for taking mat leave. Which would be fucking crazy i mean jesus...having to pop out ur baby one day and come into work the next????? Me no think so..

Yup, basically your job is safe for 12 weeks but they don't have to pay you. Some companies do though. But really, you pay for Short Term Disability and then it pays it back to you when you decide to have a baby so in the end you're just paying yourself anyway...

I think y'all should move to canada...more specificly Quebec...more specificly on my street and we can all be housewives together LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->