We are PUPOLICIOUS hotties! (19 BFPs so far!!)

I didn't really have a choice, here in the U.S. we don't get the leave you do. I only got 2 weeks before my due date (which technically is today, but I decided to finish out the week) and 6 weeks after delivery. Which I also found out this week that my short term disability will not allow me any extra time for a c-section! I was pissed off, because our old policy gave women 8 weeks after a c-section. They said if my Dr. writes me off for 8 weeks, then I have to either take the last 2 unpaid or used sick/vacation time (unless there is some sort of complication, then extensions will be granted on a case by case basis). WTF, I am having major abdominal surgery, I think if my Dr. thinks I need 8 weeks off, then the damn insurance company should pay for that!

OK rant over ;)

I am taking 8 weeks anyway because I was planning on taking 2 weeks vacation, but I didn't tell the insurance person that.

WTF??? They should definetly allow u the leave with ur insurance!! It is sugery and say if it was for anything else like i dunno...a kidney removal or some crap like that it would be 8 weeks right???? That's stoopid they dont give u the extra 2 weeks.

Basicly i'm on vacation and family paid leave from october 12th till november 2nd and then i start my 1 year mat leave on nov 5th until nov 2013. Even if i deliver before that date or after that date it's the official day that i start my leave and have to come back 1 year from then.

OMG 1 year!!!! I would not be able to go back! I can take up to 12 weeks, but anything after 6 is unpaid for me (unless I am using vacation time, which I am doing for the 2 that I am taking). Oh and the 6 weeks I get is only at 70% pay :(

Yup US insurance bites... Although if I took a year off I'd never had gone back to work. I miss my little man daily after only getting 7 weeks straight with him. Yup, I'd never return... and I can't believe you don't get 8 weeks for c-section. I thought that was the standard? stupid insurance! At least you have some though. I took my whole leave off unpaid because my company doesn't offer it. ohhh well. The time off was worth it!

Kris, that is great to hear! Why did they want to schedule a c-section and not at least let you attempt a vaginal delivery? I will keep little RJ in my thoughts this next week :) and a happy first birthday to you Angel!

RJ was 9 pounds 10 ounces and he got severely stuck so they were just playing it safe but if this bubs stays a regular size I am good to go! :)

That is crazy that they don't give you 8 weeks for a section Stace! That is insane!

Insurance in the states is exactly why my SIL didn't go back to work after both of her kids but the horrible thing is not everybody can afford to do that! It is great that Canada understands that mother or fathers should be raising their children! :)

Hope you all have a great Thursday...sorry to hear about the traffic Jess! That really blows!

PS. Thank you for all of the good vibes for RJs birthday! I really appreciate it!

Kris, that is great to hear! Why did they want to schedule a c-section and not at least let you attempt a vaginal delivery? I will keep little RJ in my thoughts this next week :) and a happy first birthday to you Angel!

RJ was 9 pounds 10 ounces and he got severely stuck so they were just playing it safe but if this bubs stays a regular size I am good to go! :)

Well that is nice that your Dr. is taking into consideration the size of your baby when recommending treatment. I think I will go with a girl guess for you, since your little one seems to be smaller than its brother :) But I think both of my boys were average sized at my 20 week ultrasounds, but then DS was just shy of 9lb at 38.5 weeks and this one seems like he should be right around the same, maybe a little bigger at 39weeks, so they seem to just put on lots of weight at the end :)

Everyone keeps guessing girl so I guess we will see. I really like the girl name that we have picked out so maybe that is what we will get. I keep having boy dreams but that could be just my subconcious talking. Either way I don't care at all! I had a growth scan on Monday and I will be having 1 every month until this bubs is here so hopefully she/he stays a regular size!

LOL, I always dream about boy babies, but I think that is because both of mine are boys and to me it is natural to refer to babies as "he" :) I had a dream about delivering this one (which I did vaginally, even though he is scheduled for a c-section) and my friend was there taking care of me and she had her baby with her and it was a boy too (she had a girl LOL). It was a very odd dream overall...

In my preggo dreams im always having sex w sumone other then my husband or the weirdest shit ever lol

Lastnight i had a dream a killer scorpian chased me around the world ....haha

LOL Leese those are some hardcore dreams hunny LOLOL

Eughhh i feel like i have to fart soooo bad but there is no fart to come out :( :( It's extremely uncomfy people..

In all my dreams while pregnant (even before finding out) our little one was a boy. Even though I really thought he would be a she... weird how it works out...

Any suggestions on healthy things I should eat so I stop losing weight. I eat all day, everyday now that I'm back at work and can. Yet I'm now down 3 lbs from my prepreggo weight. I started out at 104 so I really don't have any weight that I can afford to lose. I know, such an issue... but for serious my pants are getting loose and I want my butt back. Plus, little man gets hives when I eat dairy so any suggestions that aren't dairy products?

Liz i hear breastfeeding does wonders weight wise and u have awsome chances on bouncing back. Looks like u proved that right huh?

Ok did u want dairy products or non dairy products? Snack wise cheese is a must. Yogurt, pudding is yummy even if it isnt dairy. Celery and cheesewiz or peanut butter. Lots of fruit like watermelon or canteloup or honeydew.

Sorry, edit: AREN'T Dairy products.

I wouldn't have a problem if I could eat cheese, yogurt, cream cheese, ect... blah. The things we do for our children :)

In all my dreams while pregnant (even before finding out) our little one was a boy. Even though I really thought he would be a she... weird how it works out...

Any suggestions on healthy things I should eat so I stop losing weight. I eat all day, everyday now that I'm back at work and can. Yet I'm now down 3 lbs from my prepreggo weight. I started out at 104 so I really don't have any weight that I can afford to lose. I know, such an issue... but for serious my pants are getting loose and I want my butt back. Plus, little man gets hives when I eat dairy so any suggestions that are dairy products?

I think recommendations are still to pick healthy choices and just try to eat more calories (hard I know). I would go with items high in healthy fats, like nuts and those high in vitamins like fruit.

I love Cashews! Could eat a bunch of them. Almonds, peanuts, trail mix. Also get yummy cereals and bring some in a baggy to eat just like that without milk. I love Vanilla almond special K mhhmm.

Granola bars, pudding, cookies ( not healthy but deliciouis damnit).

I hope I have Liz's problem and need to "gain" after I have this guy! I weighed less than my prepregnancy weight after I had DS, but I was 20 and I was just in the normal range (I am 5'3'' and I weight 117 before I had him and 114 at my six week checkup). When I got pregnant with the baby I miscarried I was way overweight... funny how things change over the years :) I was back to a normal weight when I got pregnant this time around (124 when I started) so just hoping to hit that number again!

Wow no posts yesterday ahh all busy pupos!!!

Wats everyones weekend plans? Xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->