We are PUPOLICIOUS hotties! (19 BFPs so far!!)

did any of you have the triple screen or quad test done?
I had mine done at 16. I should not have had it because the fact that we lost a twin can screw with the results. anyway the results came back 1:32 :( we have decided against any amnio because it wont change the outcome.If the baby has downs we are keeping the pregnancy anyway. They did offer me the harmony blood test but we have to pay for it ourselves and it is 750!!! so we cant do that either. I'm really trying to just give my worry to God but that is always easier said than done!!! when we translate the number of 1:32 it means we have about 3% chance of having a baby with downs and a 97% chance of having a baby without downs. The test was slightly elevated for spina bifida too but only based on my age , the actual score from my blood was better than the average. So that does not really count as a positive. We are having a level two ultrasound done next wed to look at the spine and to see if there is any markers and hopefully find out if its a girl or boy.
the good news is that a twin loss or pregnancy can mess up the test as can issues with the placenta or pre- aclampsia . and I did start to develop that with Ethan before he was born and was actually diagnosed with it after he was born.
We just want a healthy baby and a no stress pregnancy... sigh.... wish I never had those stupid tests done :(

crystal I feel like 3% isnt bad. I know it lies in rhe back of your brain but atleast it's not switched where you have 97% chance of DS. everything is going to be fine regardless of the outcome. God gives the biggest battles to His strongest soliders. hang in there. I will prob do those tests too when I get there. take it easy. :hugs:

and thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. youre a sweetheart! I will be praying for you as well.

We are having the 1st stage of testing done next Friday (measurements and blood work-recommended between 12-14 weeks I thought?). We did last time around too... primarily because I like to have an ultrasound for reassurance right before telling the world. We will have the 2nd part done at 19 weeks. Our results were fine last time as expected, but we felt it was best to just be as prepared as possible. Honestly 3% leaves lots of room for a "normal" healthy baby. And as I see it, Downs is one of the lesser evils out there! I'd rather that then the many many other illnesses that our little ones could face in their lifetime. Downs children are some of the happiest people out there.

Woohoooooo!! The range for 5w5d is 9000-17000 so looks like you are right on track Rach! So happy for you!! Will you be getting more levels done? Xx

we did not have the blood test with the ultrasound done in the first trimester because we had to make a 5 hr drive to do it and it was stormy. so the quad screen was done at 16 weeks. I know DS is the least of our worries with all that could happen.... it is still just worrying. We all want a healthy child.

Crystal, :hugs: Those are pretty good odds in your favor, especially considering that the test might be thrown off from this loss of the twin.

Rach, :happydance: woooohooooo! Grow baby grow!

OMG hey girlies :wave: clearly i have MAJOR catching up to do but i swear I have the craziest connection with you all...I've been thinking for days I MUST come log in and see how you are all doing and YAY looks like we have some great news to celebrate!!!!! Yiippppeeeeeeee I will catch up proper and then post to you all :hugs:

thanks girls!! and welcome back Lisette!!

I had to drink that sugar drink today and it was delicious!! mine was fruit punch flavored. dr will call with results tmrw and will let me know about a scan.

Oh my gosh! So many preggos! Congrats Liz, Jess, Rach! I am so excited for you! Happy to see so many growing bubs and beans! I haven't been on here in so long...what a great surprise to find so much happy news!

Just called the Dr and they said my glucose came back good and my HCG is increasing. I'll have an ultrasound Thursday (23rd) at 915am!!!! YAYYY!!!!

Nice to see all the girls back again! Big hugs to you all!

Fab news Rach, I'm so happy for you and can't wait for thurs! How you feeling? Xx

Such great news Rach! So excited for your ultrasound!

Hi Emma! :)

Thanks girls!! :hugs: It feels sooo great to be able to get this far! I've never been able to say any of that!!!

As for how i feel, i've felt pretty good really. Earlier i had my first good spell of MS. I was preparing dinner in the crockpot and felt really sickly. I ran to the bathroom and nothing happened. I just started breaking a sweat. I got back up and started to do dishes. Then i started feeling real bad again and ran to the bathroom and dry heaved once. YAY to MS!! Makes me feel more relaxed that things are gonna be okay!!

Seems like the only time i feel MS is when i'm doing stuff. If i'm sitting or laying down i don't feel anything really, but if i'm up doing something for awhile it tends to catch up with me.

It's amazing how exciting the sickness is for all of us at the beginning! It's reassuring in the beginning that's for sure. Now, I'm at the point where I'm like... ok, I get that it's for the best cause ever... But, I'm realllllyyyy over being sick. Going on 7 weeks of it-- Bleck!

Oh well. I am eating an insane amount to surpress my stomach and consuming far too many Starburst-- seriously, I'm addicted and they are amazing :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Rach those are fantastic big healthy beany numbers chica!!! When i did the glucose gor charlie i thought it was yummm too. The nurse was like ok u have to drink this under a minute bla bla bla go. Abd i chugged it in 5 secs lol she was like uhh..good? Lol

Shit ive had a horrible week. I got the worst stomac flu possible. Throwing up every 10 mins all tuesday and wednesday. Couldnt move couldnt drink couldnt do anything it was horrible. Saw my obgyn on thursday and he thinks it s a bad virus so i got meds which helped. I went from 127 to 120 in less then 2 days!?!?! Kinda shocking and scary. But beany number 2 is in tip top shape with a great 162 bpm so no danger there thank god.

Crystal we just did the down syndrome ultrasound at 12 weeks and this baby got the exact score as charlie 1.3 mesurement wise. Ehich is excellemt since the dr says it s over 3 that can b worrisome and need more testimg. Since we know thats all good we refused the blood work they do to get a deeper look to see. We figure if ever there is any kind of DS it doesnt change a thing. We ll still keep the baby and love him/her just as much :)

How has all my chicas been?? Liz i had MS allllll 9 months with meds the first go..and same thing so far this go..sooooo it aint so bad lolol ;)

Hey girls how are you all!!!

Rach I am soooo happy for you hunni!!! How are you feeling???

How is everyone doing?? Miss you guys I really should check in more!!!

How was everyones christmas?

Time flys even faster wen you have a kid huh? My lil guy is going to be 1 I cant believe it.

Xoxoox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->