• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight Loss Club for a BFP!*Weight loss thread 51lbs!***13 BFP's

Ok so my fist weigh in, i weigh 13 stone which is a BMI of 26.1 as i am tall, and my first goal is to get rid of 1.5 stone by May.

So now i just have to get through the first week of eating less, which is always the worst bit!!! But the first week of loss is always high due to all the water weight you lose, so makes it feel worth it in the end!!

Are people doing specific diets? I am watching my calories primairily, which i guess is similar to the Rosemary conely and WW schools of thought, but i cannot be bothered to count points etc

xx

I had to look up the conversion from stone to pounds. I had no concept of how many pounds a stone was. For the US peeps, 1 stone= 14 pounds.

13 stone= 182 pounds. Makes more sense to me now. LOL :)

I had to look up the conversion from stone to pounds. I had no concept of how many pounds a stone was. For the US peeps, 1 stone= 14 pounds.

13 stone= 182 pounds. Makes more sense to me now. LOL :)

Thanks! I was like what is a stone?! Lol! I weigh 235 so thats a lot of stones..lol. Good to know!

Oh Tigerlilly, we would love to hear some of your secrets! I'm starting a new strength or circuit weight training (not sure what to call it, I found it online, i will post it here later and u all can tell me what you think) exercise on wednesday. I'm excited!

I thought i would post a typical day for me...
Breakfast
Biggest loser protein powder with 6 oz 2 percent milk with handful of rasberries, blueberries, strawberries and half a banana with 1 tbs honey.

Or 1 cup kashi cereal with 1/2 cup 2 percent milk

Snack
1 apple and a tangerine or grapes, etc

Lunch
Turkey sandwich: wheat thin bun, turkey, lettuce, onion, pepper, mustard
Greek yogurt
1 string cheese
Water

Snack
1 fiber one bar
1 boiled egg
12-15 almonds
Water

30-45 mins elliptical
20 mins on bike
I try to drink a gallon of water a day, but it's been about 40-64 oz water during winter.

Jsmom5,

You're welcome. Glad I could help with the stone conversion. :)

Your diet looks very good and healthy! I think you forgot dinner though. :) But I like your balance of fruits, whole grains and proteins. I used to eat Kashi cereal but switched to Fiber One. I just needed a new taste as I ate Kashi every day and got tired of it. LOL I also LOVE Greek Yogurt! Fage and Chobani are my favorite brands. Very tasty and high in protein. Yum! Keep up the good work!!

Tomorrow is my triple Tuesday at the gym. Kickboxing, abs then Zumba. I was going to go today to Body Pump (weight lifting) but was too tired after work. I went Saturday for Zumba and Sunday for Kickboxing, so I didn't feel that guilty. :)

Hahaha! For dinner we usually have Baked or grilled chicken and veggies, brussel sprouts, broccoli, artichokes, squash, etc. We have been eating like this for almost a year now. My hubby and daughter eat seafood instead of chicken sometimes. I wish I liked fish and stuff, but I don't have the taste buds for that stuff. But so glad they do. Try to keep breads out of the picture. lol

I love ready your workout posts Leikela, it keeps me motivated! I hope you have an awesome workout tomorrow. Ya, don't feel guilty, you have a very healthy active lifestyle!

Jsmom5,

Ok, I will keep the workout posts coming then! :)

And dinner sounds yummy! I need to be better with what I eat and learn to cook better. I am going to start slowly! :)

I love Body pump!! And Zumba. Hoping to restart them both in the next couple of weeks, and to restart running! One step at a time at the minute need to crack the diet thing, then the exercise. Also it is too cold and dark at the minute in the UK - it is dragging me down!!

Haha sorry forgot about the conversion! :)

x

Miss Broody,

Yea!! Another Les Mills fan!! The kickboxing I talk about is actually Body Combat! Les Mills has changed my life. Exercise is now fun!! :)

Agreed - its the only exercise i enjoy!! I cant do body combat anymore as the damn gyms near me have all the classes either during the working day or too early for me to get home from work!!

I used to quite like body attack, but i'm too unfit to cope with it at the minute! Need to get my fitness back up first!!

x

Ah yes, I am a Body Attack fan as well!! It is definitely the most difficult out of all the classes. I will do Attack spontaneously and about once a month but I have been shying away from it recently because I read that that much stress on your body can inhibit ovulation so I am sticking with Combat for now.

Thursday night I will be going for Combat then Pump right after. :)

Morning all, so far the diet is going well (in that i am sticking to it!)

Three days in and i have lost 3 pountds :) i love the first week when all the water weight etc comes off, it just gives you that bit more motivation!! :)

Going to try to start an exercise routine from next week. Currently i'm thinking of doing sit ups every day as my stomach is A MESS! And perhaps pump once a week, swimming one a week and running twice a week to start with.

How is everyone else doing?
xx

Congrats on your weight loss Miss Broody! :) The scale is my enemy and truly messes with my head so I am not weighing myself. I am going by how my clothes fit. This past week, eating has been bad and exercise good. LOL I am also feeling very pre-mentrual so I have that yucky feeling. LOL

Would LOVE to join u wonderful ladies. I have been ttc for about 4 months now. In the last 6 months my cycles have been very irregular and all the while i never thought about my weight until last month when i didn't get af at all and never got a bfp. I was very, very inactive as far as exercise and couldn't understand y af didn't come. On jan 4 i weighed myself (267lbs). Heaviest i have ever been. (I was 265 at the time i delivered my youngest son) so on the 5th i got up and did a workout dvd-well i did the first 20minutes, because that's all i could do-and not an hour later af showed up with a vengence (heavy flow is not saying enough). I don't know why i forgot i lost 10lbs 3weeks before i got my bfp with my lo. So now I'm on a mission to lose all 40 of the pounds i gained since moving to indiana last march and I'm almos certain that will get me my bfp! I have to thank u all for the extra motivation! I have lost 13lbs already-water mostly because b4 this i used a lot of salt- and am eating much healthier. Doing my own exercise until i think I'm ready for the dvd again. Sry if i have bored anyone but i have been lookin for a thread like this and finally found it so I'm excited! Gl to us all! Can't wait to start seeing all the bfp's!

mrsevewat1,

Welcome and congrats on your loss so far!! I used to be sedentary as well and I would not get AF for 2 or 3 months at a time. Once I started a regular regime, I have pretty much been regular. We can all do this together and get those BFP's! :)

hey ladies how we doing? I still have a virus, so no exercise for me. I'm not a lover of exercise classes! I have no timing, bit of a challenge when teaching water areobics lol. However i used to love teaching Spin (indoor cycling) but left me wracked with injury : (
The only 'class' i go to now is yoga. Yep i'm that broken. hehehehe but slowly getting better.

do you think it would be a good idea to keep a runing total of our combined weightloss, dress sizes, inches or any goals achieved? would posting a certrain day of the week every week be good idea for everyone to post if they wish? what do you guys think?

Ps thinking about keeping the total in pounds so it doesn't get confusing. In the uk we use stones for weight but pounds for weigh loss!

to convert stones to pounds, u need how much you weigh in stones and times by 14 (the no. of pounds to a stone eg (16st x 14 = 224lbs) don't for get to add the odds if not an equal weight.

to convert lbs to kilo's x 2.2. (224 x 2.2= 101.81)

kilos into lbs 101.81kg x 2.2 = 223.982 (/ by by if u want to take it to stones!)

Or u could simply switch the button on the back of the scales or use a converter!!!!! rofl

Hahaha! For dinner we usually have Baked or grilled chicken and veggies, brussel sprouts, broccoli, artichokes, squash, etc. We have been eating like this for almost a year now. My hubby and daughter eat seafood instead of chicken sometimes. I wish I liked fish and stuff, but I don't have the taste buds for that stuff. But so glad they do. Try to keep breads out of the picture. lol

I love ready your workout posts Leikela, it keeps me motivated! I hope you have an awesome workout tomorrow. Ya, don't feel guilty, you have a very healthy active lifestyle!

how do you cook artichokes?

Would LOVE to join u wonderful ladies. I have been ttc for about 4 months now. In the last 6 months my cycles have been very irregular and all the while i never thought about my weight until last month when i didn't get af at all and never got a bfp. I was very, very inactive as far as exercise and couldn't understand y af didn't come. On jan 4 i weighed myself (267lbs). Heaviest i have ever been. (I was 265 at the time i delivered my youngest son) so on the 5th i got up and did a workout dvd-well i did the first 20minutes, because that's all i could do-and not an hour later af showed up with a vengence (heavy flow is not saying enough). I don't know why i forgot i lost 10lbs 3weeks before i got my bfp with my lo. So now I'm on a mission to lose all 40 of the pounds i gained since moving to indiana last march and I'm almos certain that will get me my bfp! I have to thank u all for the extra motivation! I have lost 13lbs already-water mostly because b4 this i used a lot of salt- and am eating much healthier. Doing my own exercise until i think I'm ready for the dvd again. Sry if i have bored anyone but i have been lookin for a thread like this and finally found it so I'm excited! Gl to us all! Can't wait to start seeing all the bfp's!

welcome honey! There's no such thing as boring posts in this thread!! well done on all your hard work and ur weight loss x

Hi ladies,
Could i join in also - we have been ttc for 6 months and this month i was so confident about it until af showed her ugly face yesterday.
It really put me down, we are recently married and really want to start our family.

I have put on some weight since coming off birth control and weigh 182lbs - so i have decided to try loose some weight to help with the ttc.

I am also new to the site and it would be great to be in touch with ladies who are in the same position as me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->