Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Hi Gemmy and thank you for the welcome...

We would like to try in the future but if I was pregnant it would be lovely x

welcome! how long until you are due af?

I am not sure what af means but I am due for a period (if i get one) on the 16th of January... is this what you mean?x

Yes Kism - AF is means "Aunty Flow" - period. Or sometimes known as the witch ;)

Hey you are due the same day as me :) Not too much longer to wait now. I think I am likely to do an early test on Fri 13th as the wait is killing me now!!

Are you thinking of testing early or waiting? Keep us up to date !

Wow Gemmy that's great!

I have to say and I am not sure if I am imagining things) but when I just went to do a wee I felt cramps in my pelvic area, but I mean under my belly button by about 3-4 inches. I remember with my first child (she is 10 now) I had this in the first few months. Gosh this is the second time in the past 2 days I have had a remarkable feeling. 48 hours ago I noticed that my breasts and BOTH nipples were sore.... hence why I decided to look into the whole ovulation and bleeding thing.

Also, I think I'll wait for a missed period before I do a test as I would hate for it to be negative if I do it too early!

hmmmmm

That is also how I feel, I don't know if I want to do it too early either. But I have the same cramps under my belly button as you. Sometimes more on the left side. I am feeling a bit overly confident I think, and might be heading for a fall. I had this feeling in my tummy during the 2ww (two week wait) for my son back in Oct 2009. I remember feeling it then - esp. the week before I was due - and thinking "I feel different" - and back then i had had many months of bfns from early testing. The month we conceived I used opk (ovulation predictor kit), preseed (sperm friendly lube) and I held off testing early and tested the friday I was due and got bfp. Then last November I realised as we had just been using the withdrawal method or timing it, we had made love and not withdrawn right in the middle of my cycle when I would have been ovulating. I felt during that 2ww in Nov just like now and with my 1st pregnancy with stomach cramps so felt SUPER confident in Nov but bfn AND I did it early. Was so gutted I tried in Dec but just waited for af and wasn't so confident but could still feel something in my tummy but didn't trust it. This month when I ovulated in Beg Jan I used opk and preseed. I am feeling confident we timed it right but not trusting this tummy feeling because of last two months. Think i'm thinking about it too much. Could I be making it happen? Just don't know! Driving me round the bend thinking about it so will prob have to test just to get notion out of my mind!!

Good luck to you. Sounds like you may have a good chance :dust:

Hi, can someone do me a favour, I just can't seem to work when i will Ovulate, the more i look the more confused i get, my last you dates when af started are 2nd Dec and 29th Dec... ta x

Would it be around 12th/13th?

I am not sure what af means but I am due for a period (if i get one) on the 16th of January... is this what you mean?x

Yes Kism - AF is means "Aunty Flow" - period. Or sometimes known as the witch ;)

Hey you are due the same day as me :) Not too much longer to wait now. I think I am likely to do an early test on Fri 13th as the wait is killing me now!!

Wow Gemmy that's great!

I have to say and I am not sure if I am imagining things) but when I just went to do a wee I felt cramps in my pelvic area, but I mean under my belly button by about 3-4 inches. I remember with my first child (she is 10 now) I had this in the first few months. Gosh this is the second time in the past 2 days I have had a remarkable feeling. 48 hours ago I noticed that my breasts and BOTH nipples were sore.... hence why I decided to look into the whole ovulation and bleeding thing.

Also, I think I'll wait for a missed period before I do a test as I would hate for it to be negative if I do it too early!

hmmmmm

That is also how I feel, I don't know if I want to do it too early either. But I have the same cramps under my belly button as you. Sometimes more on the left side. I am feeling a bit overly confident I think, and might be heading for a fall. I had this feeling in my tummy during the 2ww (two week wait) for my son back in Oct 2009. I remember feeling it then - esp. the week before I was due - and thinking "I feel different" - and back then i had had many months of bfns from early testing. The month we conceived I used opk (ovulation predictor kit), preseed (sperm friendly lube) and I held off testing early and tested the friday I was due and got bfp. Then last November I realised as we had just been using the withdrawal method or timing it, we had made love and not withdrawn right in the middle of my cycle when I would have been ovulating. I felt during that 2ww in Nov just like now and with my 1st pregnancy with stomach cramps so felt SUPER confident in Nov but bfn AND I did it early. Was so gutted I tried in Dec but just waited for af and wasn't so confident but could still feel something in my tummy but didn't trust it. This month when I ovulated in Beg Jan I used opk and preseed. I am feeling confident we timed it right but not trusting this tummy feeling because of last two months. Think i'm thinking about it too much. Could I be making it happen? Just don't know! Driving me round the bend thinking about it so will prob have to test just to get notion out of my mind!!

I know how you feel Gemmy! There were so many months where I convinced myself I was pregnant and then AF would show up. I only ever got one BFN though and that was enough for me. I never tested again until my AF was late. The last time I got pregnant, I tested the day after my AF was due and this time around, I tested 3 days after AF was due (this was mostly because I didn't know what was happening with my cycle after my miscarriage, but still). The only other time I've tested was when I was 2 days late in July and I think it was just my body adjusting or stress since we had just moved into our new house.

Listen to your body and try not to worry. It will happen when it happens and I know you probably hate that saying (I do too, lol), but it's true. You've done everything you could this month and now you just get to relax. :flower:

Hi, can someone do me a favour, I just can't seem to work when i will Ovulate, the more i look the more confused i get, my last you dates when af started are 2nd Dec and 29th Dec... ta x

I would guess somewhere between the 10th and the 13th depending on your luteal phase. It looks like your cycles are about 27 days, so if your luteal phase is 14 days, I'd guess that you're going to ovulate today or tomorrow.

I would guess somewhere between the 10th and the 13th depending on your luteal phase. It looks like your cycles are about 27 days, so if your luteal phase is 14 days, I'd guess that you're going to ovulate today or tomorrow.

I'm a dumbo today my last dates were actually 29th Nov and 29th Dec sorry x

im so thick today my last dates were 29th nov and 29th Dec , my brain can just not work this out duh!

im so thick today my last dates were 29th nov and 29th Dec , my brain can just not work this out duh!

Haha. Okay. I'd say you'll probably ovulate sometime between the 13th and the 15th assuming that you have a 13-15 day luteal phase.

Haha. Okay. I'd say you'll probably ovulate sometime between the 13th and the 15th assuming that you have a 13-15 day luteal phase.

:flower:Thank you

So i've been busy for a week already, im so silly sometimes.. round 2 here i come :) :dohh:

:flower:Thank you

So i've been busy for a week already, im so silly sometimes.. round 2 here i come :) :dohh:

Haha. It's better to cover all your bases, lol. I'm sure your DH doesn't mind!

Just used the countdown to pregnancy website where you get the ticker from

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/ovulation_calculator.php

And if you put in last period 29th Dec, average cycle 30days it says:

You will likely be most fertile between
Tuesday January 10, 2012 and Saturday January 14, 2012

If you conceived this cycle your estimated due date would be
October 4, 2012

Hope that helps x

Wow Gemmy that's great!

hmmmmm

I can't get over how exact we are... I had pain on my left side when I (believe) I was ovulating and we also have the same cramping..

I understand also what you mean by thinking too much about it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, I had pancreatitis last year due to a small gall stone in my pancreatic duct which would be of a concern if I was pregnant now. I mean I am fine and all and all of my enzymes are excellent but I read somewhere that pregnant woman are more prone to it... But I guess I shouldn't worry about that nonsense until I find out if I am carrying huh.

I really hope that you are pregnant as it sounds like you have a good chance too.

I am still trying to find out about the mid cycle bleeding though and I am in a remote area away from home so there are no good doctors.... only a chemist that stocks pregnancy tests lol

Ahh another TWW.... I completely changed by strategy this cycle, after having irregular cycle the last two months I decided to not even try to caluculate O date. last cyle started 12/16 AF lasted 4 days Me and DH started BD everyother day from 12/21 until just the other day......so fingers crossed. If my cylce is like last AF is due around 1/17......I think but will hold off testing until 1/31 if not showing up
oh i also took mucinex daily

gl :flower:

Wow Gemmy that's great!

hmmmmm

I can't get over how exact we are... I had pain on my left side when I (believe) I was ovulating and we also have the same cramping..

I understand also what you mean by thinking too much about it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, I had pancreatitis last year due to a small gall stone in my pancreatic duct which would be of a concern if I was pregnant now. I mean I am fine and all and all of my enzymes are excellent but I read somewhere that pregnant woman are more prone to it... But I guess I shouldn't worry about that nonsense until I find out if I am carrying huh.

I really hope that you are pregnant as it sounds like you have a good chance too.

I am still trying to find out about the mid cycle bleeding though and I am in a remote area away from home so there are no good doctors.... only a chemist that stocks pregnancy tests lol

Thanks, and you! It does sound like your mid cycle bleed was ovulation because that was when it happened wasn't it? Also I had a tiny bit of blood on 1 day after I ovulated but this was a urine infection which was stinging at the time and making me spot. I did freak when I first saw it but I do believe I got this infection because of all the extra baby dancing (BD) as I was trying hard to catch the egg!

No definately don't worry about pancreatic duct right now. And even when you are pregnant don't let it worry you. I was 6 weeks pregnant with my first when the doc pulled up a protein deficiency in my blood. I was just told I needed to have an appointment at the hospital. Got home and googled "protein s deficiency" and the first thing I saw was miscarriage. So then I spent too long worrying. In the end they just said that all women were at risk of blood clots during pregnancy, I had a slightly higher risk. But apart from wearing some hideous stockings for my labour and some of my pregnancy I needn't have feared. So if and when you are pregnant just enjoy it and don't let worry take over!

Ahh another TWW.... I completely changed by strategy this cycle, after having irregular cycle the last two months I decided to not even try to caluculate O date. last cyle started 12/16 AF lasted 4 days Me and DH started BD everyother day from 12/21 until just the other day......so fingers crossed. If my cylce is like last AF is due around 1/17......I think but will hold off testing until 1/31 if not showing up
oh i also took mucinex daily

gl :flower:

Good luck moose, welcome to the 2ww! :dust:

Hi ladies,

I am 14 dpo today, with brown spotting off and on. No AF yet, but I am pretty sure she is on the way the next day or so. I am not going to bother to waste a test, just going to wait until she shows up! This Clomid is def making my LP longer, I guess that is a good thing.

GL Gemmy, you will be testing soon:happydance: And so sorry to hear about a M/C Ella, wow. Did you have any idea or symptoms?

Keri, sorry that AF got ya, but glad you had a regular cycle. I will be joining the AF club soon!

Thank you, Wendy. :)

I didn't have many symptoms...I think I had sore bbs sometimes, headache, backache, twinges, and gas but these are also AF symptoms. So when AF started albeit much later than usual, I was disappointed, but I wasn't super surprised, especially with those BFNs. I just couldn't figure out what happened with my cycle. I had a normal AF, so I didn't suspect anything, but when AF came back with a vengeance and was crazy heavy (TMI with clots), I think that's when I started suspecting a m/c. But it was so unexpected.

Today, things are calming down. I decided to take the meds, since it's just low dose progesterone (I looked it up finally). This means my temps will probably be off this month, but I guess we'll see. But the side effects are scary! I almost didn't want to take the meds because of everything that could go wrong...But I'm hoping these are from long term use and not a one-off 21 day treatment.

:hi: Welcome moose!! Hope your TWW goes by quickly and you get your BFP at the end of it!

Sarah! Happy 5+6! :) So close to a sweet pea!

October 4, 2012

Hope that helps x

Thank you so much Gemmy, i just kept getting mixed up the more i tried to figure it out, I will have another look at the link tonight:flower:

October 4, 2012

Hope that helps x

Thank you so much Gemmy, i just kept getting mixed up the more i tried to figure it out, I will have another look at the link tonight:flower:

Does that mean i'm due to ovulate on 14th Jan , and then i start the tww ? my brain is asleep today, i'm having one of them days! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->