Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

I wrote down all the dates af appeared and have found my dates range from 25 -30 days, average being 28 days , which means i enter TTW tomorrow :) does having a cycle that varies mean there is something wrong with me ?

I'm no expert, but here's what I've read/learned: The day you ovulate can change each month, which can affect your cycle length. The timing of ovulation can be affected by many things: stress, changes to your life, traveling, sleep, etc.

Your luteal phase is the day after you ovulate until the day before you get your period. Regardless of when you will ovulate, your luteal phase typically remains the same each month.

So, if you ovulate late, your cycle will be longer. If you ovulate earlier, your cycle will be shorter.

Thanks that is helpful, Its just when i speak to people they have a regular 28 days cycle, I don't normally get too stressed about things , My hubby worked away from home 5 days a week when we first started trying i'm hoping the lack of bed action and times when we could time it right was the reason for my BfN's, He now works back at home and we have been full on trying if you get what i mean ;) I have 2 little boys so i know i can actually get pregnant, i was spoilt and fell pregnant with both in the first month of trying, I'm trying to think of this month as our first "proper month" as Hubby is now at home full time, we are in a new year also we had that break in Dec FX :)

So what about you, do you have any children or are you ttc your first little one? where are you from, I'm in Irealand :flower:

I agree with KTJ. :)

Nothing is wrong with you if your cycle varies. It just means something happening pre-ovulation to bump things around. Many women have cycles that vary from month to month. Make sure you keep BDing, just in case you haven't ov'd yet. I forget, Laura, are you doing opks? Or are you just going off of previous cycles?

Ive used OPKs in 2 previous months .. we didnt use them with my other pregnancies i don't think i even knew about such a thing.. so we are just trying lots and having fun, we are gonna keep trying until Sunday even tho i do think today is the day i've ovulated, I had ewcm yesterday and today its starting to go away, i think that means O has occurred, what do you think?

I wrote down all the dates af appeared and have found my dates range from 25 -30 days, average being 28 days , which means i enter TTW tomorrow :) does having a cycle that varies mean there is something wrong with me ?

I'm no expert, but here's what I've read/learned: The day you ovulate can change each month, which can affect your cycle length. The timing of ovulation can be affected by many things: stress, changes to your life, traveling, sleep, etc.

Your luteal phase is the day after you ovulate until the day before you get your period. Regardless of when you will ovulate, your luteal phase typically remains the same each month.

So, if you ovulate late, your cycle will be longer. If you ovulate earlier, your cycle will be shorter.

Thanks that is helpful, Its just when i speak to people they have a regular 28 days cycle, I don't normally get too stressed about things , My hubby worked away from home 5 days a week when we first started trying i'm hoping the lack of bed action and times when we could time it right was the reason for my BfN's, He now works back at home and we have been full on trying if you get what i mean ;) I have 2 little boys so i know i can actually get pregnant, i was spoilt and fell pregnant with both in the first month of trying, I'm trying to think of this month as our first "proper month" as Hubby is now at home full time, we are in a new year also we had that break in Dec FX :)

So what about you, do you have any children or are you ttc your first little one? where are you from, I'm in Irealand :flower:

I wouldn't worry. To me, it almost seems like having a perfect 28 day cycle can be a rarity. Everyone is unique, so don't worry about whether you're 'differen't from someone else. There really isn't a different!

I have a 1.5yr old, sweet, precious girl! She is the highlight of our lives. Like you, we got pregnant the first time we tried. It was almost too good to be true. The pregnancy was perfect as well, besides detecting an enlarged bladder in the womb, which turned out to be nothing. I'm trying not to be a pessimistic person, but I feel as if we are going to get the opposite result this time since we had it so 'easy' the first time around. We've been trying since June, so it's already proven to be a journey.

I'm in the US - North Carolina to be exact. It's rainy and foggy here...makes me want to sleep! :sleep:

Hi All,

I've got 2 weeks to wait from yesterday-so fingers. Still a bit scared-had MMC after 1st pregnancy at 12 weeks but hoping for the best. Anyone else waiting on the same timeline?

This is my 2nd month trying, 1st month using ovulation test. Last time got pregnant in 1st month trying. hope it happens soon again, but more importantly, hope it is a healthy baby.[-o<

Sending everyone love and patience(not that i have much to patience to spare!!):hugs:

I wouldn't worry. To me, it almost seems like having a perfect 28 day cycle can be a rarity. Everyone is unique, so don't worry about whether you're 'differen't from someone else. There really isn't a different!

I have a 1.5yr old, sweet, precious girl! She is the highlight of our lives. Like you, we got pregnant the first time we tried. It was almost too good to be true. The pregnancy was perfect as well, besides detecting an enlarged bladder in the womb, which turned out to be nothing. I'm trying not to be a pessimistic person, but I feel as if we are going to get the opposite result this time since we had it so 'easy' the first time around. We've been trying since June, so it's already proven to be a journey.

I'm in the US - North Carolina to be exact. It's rainy and foggy here...makes me want to sleep! :sleep:

Well its cold and wet here in Ireland too, I've a big roaring fire on and my little men are tucked up in bed and Hubby is making tea, its so quiet and im not complaining :)

Ah 1.5 years is soo cute!! has she starting walking yet? I can't imagine having a little girl, my house is full of boys things, im out numbered :lol:

So you have been trying since June, it will happen, i read that only 50% of woman fall pregnant after 6 months of trying, and that 90% of fertile woman will be pregnant after 18 months of trying, we started the 22nd June i remember the exact date.. feels like forever, although alot of woman have been trying alot longer than us , so i try to stay positive, :D this could be our month imagine :happydance: Whats your name or would you prefer KTJ

Hi All,

I've got 2 weeks to wait from yesterday-so fingers. Still a bit scared-had MMC after 1st pregnancy at 12 weeks but hoping for the best. Anyone else waiting on the same timeline?

This is my 2nd month trying, 1st month using ovulation test. Last time got pregnant in 1st month trying. hope it happens soon again, but more importantly, hope it is a healthy baby.[-o<

Sending everyone love and patience(not that i have much to patience to spare!!):hugs:

FXd for you, Sarena! Looks like the next few weeks for several folks will have lots of updates! I'm with you on being scared...we're in a similar boat! I just have to keep telling myself that I wouldn't be given anything I can't handle.

Sending baby dust! :dust:

Well its cold and wet here in Ireland too, I've a big roaring fire on and my little men are tucked up in bed and Hubby is making tea, its so quiet and im not complaining :)

Ah 1.5 years is soo cute!! has she starting walking yet? I can't imagine having a little girl, my house is full of boys things, im out numbered :lol:

So you have been trying since June, it will happen, i read that only 50% of woman fall pregnant after 6 months of trying, and that 90% of fertile woman will be pregnant after 18 months of trying, we started the 22nd June i remember the exact date.. feels like forever, although alot of woman have been trying alot longer than us , so i try to stay positive, :D this could be our month imagine :happydance: Whats your name or would you prefer KTJ

Kate. People just call me KT :wave:

Welcome Katie and Sarena! I'm sorry to hear of your M/Cs, I can only imagine how heart wrenching it would be to go through that.

I'm Carly, 26 years old, TTC my first. My hubby and I have been married for 2.5 years, both have no kids (do dogs count?! :). We've been TTC for 3 months, no luck yet.

HI everyone else (Gemmy, Sarah, Laura, Wendy, etc). Hope y'all's Thursday is going well :) Afm, cd6, AF almost left the building... hubby and I just had our new bed frame delivered yesterday, hopefully it will bring us luck BDing :0 x 0

Oh my goodness it took ages to catch up on all the posts!

Hello to all the new guys on the thread!!*WAVES*

Thank you kealey xx

Gemmy- it could well be inplantation bleeding, i did on 11dpo but i didnt usually spot till the day before af but i just assumed it was AF it wa sonly because i was a grumpy cow that i decided to test lol!

sarah - Not being able to eat prawns/shrimp is actually killing me i Love them but i dont my husband will let me even if it is cooked through hes a major worrier!

eoinandconnor- good luck in this two week wait fx

Good luck to everyone in the two week dreaded wait!

At 13 DPO, I took the first response test in the morning and got a faint line. I took the test again later in the afternoon and got the same faint lines.

I'm wondering...Could I be pregnant?

Has anyone gotten a faint line and not ended up pregnant?
I read that some women get faint lines whereas others get a richer color. What does a faint line mean? Why am I getting faint lines?

Since I tested faint in the afternoon, does this give me a stronger reassurance that I am pregnant?

even a faint line is pretty much a bfp!!! its very rare to not be pregnant even after the faintest lines! i have super faint lines, two days later they were darker x

Hello to all the new ladies!

Carly- woohoo to the new bedframe! Hope it does bring you luck :)

Sarah and Charps - loving the fruit!

Ella - Glad the witch has nearly gone..

Laura, it sounds lovely in your house by the fire...

Hope everyone else is doing well?

Charps - what was your IB like?

it was brown, and i continued to spot everyday till like two weeks after that ! xxi would say it was a bit more than just light spotting x

Nice ticker, Charps. Hooray for blueberry!! :)

Welcome Shirlkim! :hi: I agree, faint lines are BFPs! Hopefully those lines will darken up soon. ;) But in the meantime, you could get a digi and test. Seeing pregnant on a digi should make it pretty clear....Congrats!

When did you get your BFP Charps and when did the IB start? I have had a BFN today at 10dpo (expect AF on 14dpo)....

Hi Ladies, I have been working had to deliver my newspaper!
We are in the middle of a snow storm too! 1st one of the year!
8 inches.....My af is very very light, even when it was coming out
the last 4 days it was a watery red..Like mixed with water...
Hope your all well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->