Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Ladies, I need some more advice: I spoke with my boss today and I got my promotion!! The only problem is that the reason they created the position is because my other boss is pregnant and going on leave in mid-July. Now I got the other position and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. What should I do? I've already accepted the position. I didn't intend to tell my work no matter what until I'm 12 weeks along, but what do I tell them then? That we were trying and that I didn't know when I applied and when I had my first interview, but that I knew at the second but didn't want to say anything because of my miscarriage? I know that my boss will be supportive outwardly, but I'm worried that she's going to be upset inwardly that I didn't tell her earlier. I'm so nervous and I'm worrying about this like crazy!

WOW that sounds like a movie Sarah LOL...
I guess I would tell them, your 8 months away
so I would not worry....Unless your going to need
alot of time off then that will change everything for them
Tell them you just found out! Your not lying you did
just find out, so atleast your telling them now, but
she is going on maternity leave, you still have many
months to go, don't be nervous Im sure she will understand,

I would come at her as got something funny to tell you!
It actually is funny she is leaving she's pregnant, you get a
promotion and now your pregnant!

So today I got my AF! My 2 week wait is over, and I was only 1 day late..Oh well! Maybe next month?? It was our first month actually TTC. I'm really not that disheartened, but it would of been a nice surprise. Good luck to all of those still on there 2 week wait I hope you get your BFP! :)

Hi ladies,

Just dropping in to say hi,:hi: I am on CD 3 and on round #3 of Clomid, started taking it tonight. Let's hope that the 3rd time is a charm:)

Welcome to all you new ladies!

It is so nice to read your updates Sarah, I am SO happy for you. Gives me hope! You too, Charps! How are you feeling?

Gemmy, are you testing again tomorrow?
Posey, I think we may end up in the TWW together. I usually ovulate around CD 12-13, how about you?

Love ya beautiful ladies!

Keri, my AF was really weird this cycle too, I am on CD 3 and it already looks like I am done, all brown flow. All 3 days pretty light. We will probably be in the TWW together:happydance:

Hiya everyone :flower: well its finally come around i am 1dpo :happydance: just 13 days to go feels like forever haha

Sarah my advice to you is stick to your first plan tell them at 12 weeks like you had planned to, its only work, they don't need to know all your personal details, just say you applied then it was a few weeks after you got the promotion that you found out, great now they can look after you in maternity leave :thumbup: remember no stress! xxx

Hiya Wendy old pal :) cd3 relax will soon be time to get busy :happydance:

Where is Amanda have you spoken with her? i miss her not the same without her :cry:

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

Good to see you back Keri, we missed you! Glad you are keeping busy!

Wendy - I did do another test and still negative, 11dpo today and still slight spotting! But Charp' story gives me hope as she was spotting now and is of course expecting! Yes I do hope 3rd time lucky for you :)

Sarah I agree with Laura's advice too - stick with your plan, enjoy everything and don't stress. Oh and congrats on promotion :)

:dust:

Ladies, I need some more advice: I spoke with my boss today and I got my promotion!! The only problem is that the reason they created the position is because my other boss is pregnant and going on leave in mid-July. Now I got the other position and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. What should I do? I've already accepted the position. I didn't intend to tell my work no matter what until I'm 12 weeks along, but what do I tell them then? That we were trying and that I didn't know when I applied and when I had my first interview, but that I knew at the second but didn't want to say anything because of my miscarriage? I know that my boss will be supportive outwardly, but I'm worried that she's going to be upset inwardly that I didn't tell her earlier. I'm so nervous and I'm worrying about this like crazy!

Sarah: I would do what your gut tells you to! I was in a similar situation with my first pregnancy. I had just started a new position (in the same company) and found out I was pregnant shortly after. I was in an entirely new department, which meant new people, new boss, etc. My boss was a lady that was never married or ever had kids, so at first I felt a bit awkward. I ended up waiting to tell them until I was 13 weeks. For me, I felt as if that was the best decision for a few reasons:

1) I was able to show them quickly that they picked the right person for the job through my work ethic and willingness to get things done, without them having in the back of their heads that I was pregnant. I didn't want them to use that against me, which now I know they never would have.

2) Waiting until I felt more comfortable was a safety net for me. I had some crazy bleeding in my initial weeks of being pregnant and I honestly had no clue what would happen. It would have been heartbreaking to tell everyone I was pregnant, then have to retract that if something went wrong

3) My gut was telling me to wait. This was hard to figure out because the logical side of me was saying one thing, but deep down inside it was telling me to wait.

If you were in your boss' position, what would you want them to do? Bottom line - listen to what your gut and heart are telling you and go that route. It's never wrong! You were obviously given the promotion because they know you can handle the job...pregnant or not. They have confidence in you to get the job done well, so I think regardless of whether you tell them now or later you will be in good hands. Keep your head up and try not to let it stress you out. You've got a precious little life inside of you so do what you feel will be best for yourself. Good luck!! :winkwink:

Hiya Wendy old pal :) cd3 relax will soon be time to get busy :happydance:

Where is Amanda have you spoken with her? i miss her not the same without her :cry:

Hi honey pie,
No I don't know where she is....the last time is when we all talked together on FB:) I hope she is ok. I miss her too!

Hey everyone,

Gemmy i spotted on 11dpo and got bfp on 15 dpo x

Sarah, I think you should tell them, otherwise you are gonna worry the whole time, keeping it a secret is worrying enough let alone worrying about what they will say and think. I think they would appreciate your honesty, and if you show how eager you are to work at this new position it shouldnt be a problem. Anyways, by law they cant take this promotion off you anyway, is that right??

Wendy - Thanks, im feeling fine, i do have bouts of nausea in the morning and before meal times, but other than all is good with me, thanks for asking! I hope third time round is VERY lucky for you xxx

oh, and eoinandconnor (whats your name again?) make sure you keep us updated in the tww x

gemmy, even my pg test on 15 dpo was very very faint, so we had to wait two more days to see if it was actually true so dont give up hun x

Hiya everyone :flower: well its finally come around i am 1dpo :happydance: just 13 days to go feels like forever haha

Sarah my advice to you is stick to your first plan tell them at 12 weeks like you had planned to, its only work, they don't need to know all your personal details, just say you applied then it was a few weeks after you got the promotion that you found out, great now they can look after you in maternity leave :thumbup: remember no stress! xxx

Thanks Laura! :flower:

In Canada, we get the entire year off, so I will be taking the year off.

My boss is only 13 weeks pregnant and is due mid-July. I'm 6 weeks and due around September 5th, so at least there's almost two months in between us, but still. I'm worried that they'll be like "Well, we posted the position because we knew _____ was going on mat leave and we wanted to have it filled so that it wouldn't be a huge thing when she left." What happened was that my manager quit in March and instead of replacing her, they just gave another manager her responsibilities while they "evaluated" the managerial needs of the company. They decided to hire another manager in November, so when I applied and had my first interview, I was not pregnant. When I went to the second one on Tuesday and accepted the position yesterday, I was barely 6 weeks.

I think that my game plan is to play it by ear for now. I'll definitely wait until I'm 12 weeks, possibly longer, but definitely before I'm showing too too much because I want to tell them without them kind of knowing beforehand.

Sarah: I would do what your gut tells you to! I was in a similar situation with my first pregnancy. I had just started a new position (in the same company) and found out I was pregnant shortly after. I was in an entirely new department, which meant new people, new boss, etc. My boss was a lady that was never married or ever had kids, so at first I felt a bit awkward. I ended up waiting to tell them until I was 13 weeks. For me, I felt as if that was the best decision for a few reasons:

1) I was able to show them quickly that they picked the right person for the job through my work ethic and willingness to get things done, without them having in the back of their heads that I was pregnant. I didn't want them to use that against me, which now I know they never would have.

2) Waiting until I felt more comfortable was a safety net for me. I had some crazy bleeding in my initial weeks of being pregnant and I honestly had no clue what would happen. It would have been heartbreaking to tell everyone I was pregnant, then have to retract that if something went wrong

3) My gut was telling me to wait. This was hard to figure out because the logical side of me was saying one thing, but deep down inside it was telling me to wait.

If you were in your boss' position, what would you want them to do? Bottom line - listen to what your gut and heart are telling you and go that route. It's never wrong! You were obviously given the promotion because they know you can handle the job...pregnant or not. They have confidence in you to get the job done well, so I think regardless of whether you tell them now or later you will be in good hands. Keep your head up and try not to let it stress you out. You've got a precious little life inside of you so do what you feel will be best for yourself. Good luck!! :winkwink:

I think that I will definitely be waiting for a while still. I'm only 6 weeks and I have my dating scan next week that may show that I'm not as far along as I think. I will definitely be waiting until at least 12 weeks and possibly later, depending on if I'm showing. My doctor told me I probably won't show for about another 12 weeks (he thinks I'm only 4 weeks though and not 6), so I may even wait that long. We'll see.

gemmy, even my pg test on 15 dpo was very very faint, so we had to wait two more days to see if it was actually true so dont give up hun x

Thanks charps. It's not the bfn putting me off now but it's the spotting. I'm sure the flow is changing. It was runnier, and more reddish :( feel like crying but think that I'm just down -more likely because I am coming on :( Oh well, it will be my 3rd time trying in february so hope it will be lucky Got to snap out of this bad mood :(

I will still pray for a miracle - a bfp on 15dpo would be amazing! Hope you are feeling well.

Hey everyone,

Gemmy i spotted on 11dpo and got bfp on 15 dpo x

Sarah, I think you should tell them, otherwise you are gonna worry the whole time, keeping it a secret is worrying enough let alone worrying about what they will say and think. I think they would appreciate your honesty, and if you show how eager you are to work at this new position it shouldnt be a problem. Anyways, by law they cant take this promotion off you anyway, is that right??

Wendy - Thanks, im feeling fine, i do have bouts of nausea in the morning and before meal times, but other than all is good with me, thanks for asking! I hope third time round is VERY lucky for you xxx

I can't tell them right away because I haven't even told my family yet! The absolute earliest I could tell them would be the 22nd as I have my scan on the 18th and I won't see my boss until the 22nd. I don't want to say anything in case, God forbid, something shows up on the scan. I wasn't even going to tell my family for another few weeks given that I miscarried last time, but my sister wants me to go bridesmaid dress shopping for her wedding next week and I have to tell them that I need to purchase a dress that will have room for my 36 week belly!

Thanks charps. It's not the bfn putting me off now but it's the spotting. I'm sure the flow is changing. It was runnier, and more reddish :( feel like crying but think that I'm just down -more likely because I am coming on :( Oh well, it will be my 3rd time trying in february so hope it will be lucky Got to snap out of this bad mood :(

I will still pray for a miracle - a bfp on 15dpo would be amazing! Hope you are feeling well.

Gemmy, you so deserve your BFP!! As you are such an amazing woman, I will share some of my baby dust with you (sometimes it takes one cycle to stick, so I'm covered for this one and February!).

In fact, BABY DUST FOR EVERYONE! (I feel extra baby-licious today). I'm also in a very cheeky mood! (if you couldn't tell!) :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I also feel like I'm doing this inside - Don't know why. :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->