Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Hello girls, hope you all had a good weekend, anyone do anything exciting?
We took the kids to a play area and went for dinner after yesterday was really nice just the 4 of us :)

All day i thought my af arrived because i had a wet feeling and slight cramps.. after popping to the loo at least 100 times yesterday it hasn't yet arrived, im CD26 today

my cycles days from are June/July 27, 25, 26, 28, 25, 29, 30, ... average being 27

when does everyone think i should test?

Hello lovely Laura. Do you temp/know when you Ov? When do you think you Ov'ed this month?

If it were me, I would tryyyyyyyyy (likely unsuccessfully) to wait until after the 30 day mark, because then I would know that I'm 'late'... :shrug:

I've never took temp and im not sure when i Ov cos of the range of dates my P comes on, but we covered all areas ;)
Friday feels soooo long away I'm going to try my hardest to wait as long as possible i have 1hpt upstairs calling me.. but i'm holding out :wacko:

Good for you for holding out, Laura! I know Friday feels like a year away. What are you doing to pass the time? I went into baking mode this weekend!

baking yummy!! well i have been doing "am i pregnant" quizzes :haha: reading about chnages to the cervix hahahahaha i've lost the plot:wacko:

I think i will have a very clean house soon when i manage to drag myself off here.. The boys are at football lessons so will be home soon , they will keep my mind of things :happydance:

Laura: That is funny! I do the exact same thing...or read a ton of articles like "Top 10 signs you're pregnant"... What do we do to ourselves??!!!

hi girls,

glad to see you are all keeping well - good luck to those expecting the witch - stay away witch!

Question for you - what do you do if you try to temp when you first wake - but today i woke at 5.30 - was 35.5 I think but then I kept sleeping but waking - around 6.30 I did it again it was 35.88. But normally I have tested nearer 7am, so at 7am I tested (but had been nodding on and off) and was 36.something (it is still in the memory)....what on earth do I plot?

On a happy note I see my ticker says i am coming into my fertile period ;)
I do it all the time, I would go in between 35.75

https://www.babymed.com/getting-pregnant/pregnant-negative-pregnancy-test

I found this, thought it was interesting for all us girls dying to test! :dohh:

When I wake up at a different time, should I adjust my temperature?

We are often asked whether temperatures should be "adjusted" when not taken exactly at the same time. Some simple formulas are sometimes applied to adjust for differences in waking time. We are often asked whether this is accurate or not and if it is worth correcting the chart.

We recommend against adjusting temperatures as in general the resulting temperature, though it may be more pleasing, is not more accurate. The reasoning behind our recommendation is based on the fact that the Basal Body Temperature variation with time is dependent on your own unique metabolism. While most women see a difference, some women do not see much dependence of the BBT with time and can live with a variation in time without masking their pattern. For many others even a 10-20 minute difference will have strong effects on their charts. Similarly, some women see an increase of their BBT with time while others may actually see a decrease. From the diversity of the charts that we have seen, it is quite clear that no simple generic formulas will be able to compensate for time differences.

Our advice is to use an alarm clock if necessary to try to keep the time as constant as possible. If you have an occasional waking time difference, just record the time but leave the data as measured and make a note if there are unusual circumstances. In most cases our software should be able to see your ovulation pattern despite a few inaccurate data points.

I broke down and took a test this morning. Up until now, I didn't really have an urge to but something was telling me to test! Low and behold, after only a minute the little booger came back with a 'pregnant' on it. We are excited, but I'm really nervous right now. My fear is I will end up in the same boat as last time and I really don't think I can go through that again!

I hope several more of you ladies see your BFP this month. My fingers are crossed for each of you! We have all been through so much that we deserve it!! I truly believe there is a plan for everyone and as each day passes, we are getting closer to it! I hope I can continue this journey with you guys...who knows where I will end up. :hugs: to everyone xxx

hi girls,

glad to see you are all keeping well - good luck to those expecting the witch - stay away witch!

Question for you - what do you do if you try to temp when you first wake - but today i woke at 5.30 - was 35.5 I think but then I kept sleeping but waking - around 6.30 I did it again it was 35.88. But normally I have tested nearer 7am, so at 7am I tested (but had been nodding on and off) and was 36.something (it is still in the memory)....what on earth do I plot?

On a happy note I see my ticker says i am coming into my fertile period ;)

Were you in bed from the first temp to the last one? I often would wake up and find that my temp was low because I'd been sleeping with my mouth open or something. So then I would go back to bed and temp again when I woke up and find that it was where it was supposed to be. If you didn't leave the bed, I would use the 36.something temp.

I was in bed the whole time dozing on and off. Should it be your wake up time or could it always be 7am regardless of whether you woke at 6.30am. It is hard to get the same each day. I'm thinking that it should be rising so will plot that one tomorrow. Trouble is I have to get up at 6.15 tomo as taking dh to work. Thanks Sarah :)

When I wake up at a different time, should I adjust my temperature?

We are often asked whether temperatures should be "adjusted" when not taken exactly at the same time. Some simple formulas are sometimes applied to adjust for differences in waking time. We are often asked whether this is accurate or not and if it is worth correcting the chart.

We recommend against adjusting temperatures as in general the resulting temperature, though it may be more pleasing, is not more accurate. The reasoning behind our recommendation is based on the fact that the Basal Body Temperature variation with time is dependent on your own unique metabolism. While most women see a difference, some women do not see much dependence of the BBT with time and can live with a variation in time without masking their pattern. For many others even a 10-20 minute difference will have strong effects on their charts. Similarly, some women see an increase of their BBT with time while others may actually see a decrease. From the diversity of the charts that we have seen, it is quite clear that no simple generic formulas will be able to compensate for time differences.

Our advice is to use an alarm clock if necessary to try to keep the time as constant as possible. If you have an occasional waking time difference, just record the time but leave the data as measured and make a note if there are unusual circumstances. In most cases our software should be able to see your ovulation pattern despite a few inaccurate data points.

Hmmm that is interesting. Right well alarm set at 6am for now and will continue from there. Thanks :)

Thank u girls, actually my period didn't yet show up yesterday when i wiped there was a huge amount and dark red colored not sure if it's brown i think it's just dark red.. and today when i wiped i found pinkish discharge ! im so confused but im waiting till friday to test if af didn't show up till then.. last week i had a flu so mum is telling me maybe that's y my af is being messed up. let's just hope that it's just implantation bleeding and not my body playing ugly tricks on me

I broke down and took a test this morning. Up until now, I didn't really have an urge to but something was telling me to test! Low and behold, after only a minute the little booger came back with a 'pregnant' on it. We are excited, but I'm really nervous right now. My fear is I will end up in the same boat as last time and I really don't think I can go through that again!

I hope several more of you ladies see your BFP this month. My fingers are crossed for each of you! We have all been through so much that we deserve it!! I truly believe there is a plan for everyone and as each day passes, we are getting closer to it! I hope I can continue this journey with you guys...who knows where I will end up. :hugs: to everyone xxx

Congratulations KTJ! That's wonderful news! Try to stay positive. The chance of anyone having recurrent miscarriage issues is only 1%, so keep your chin up!

Congrats ktj - I almost missed this announcement! That is fantastic news!! :)

Congratulations KTJ! That's wonderful news! Try to stay positive. The chance of anyone having recurrent miscarriage issues is only 1%, so keep your chin up!

Thank you Sarah!! Needed that...I'm and the type that can assume the worst so I won't be too disappointed. Especially in this instance! How are you feeling these days? I bet you are getting relieved that you are closer and closer to the 12 week mark! I was so relieved when I hit that!

Oh wow!! Congrats KTJ!! How wonderful! :) Hooray for another BFP on our TWW thread! I can't wait to see some more! :) :)

KT!!!! Congratulations :) heres to a happy and healthy 9 months, relax and threat yourself to something nice, you deserve it!!! how many dpo were you, im so nervous i don't think i will see a BFP :cry:

CONGRATS!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU ... THINK POSITIVE....:thumbup:

Good luck Laura and Nada!!! Fx for both of you !! can't wait to hear!

I will be testing on the weekend if AF doesn't arrive - (AF should arrive on Friday).... But not really sure about this month... We'll see... Today is 8/9 DPO...

Have sore Bbs (but not as much as last month), backache and really really emotional - I cried myself to sleep last night and woke up same way (this is not usually what I do before AF... might get a little sad but not like this)... We'll see what happens!

GL ladies!

ladies in the house am back to the 2ww. Was on clomid days 4-8. Am cd21 today, stopped opk testing on cd17 cos was not getting a positive but by pm cd17 and 18 i was close to being parallyzed by a periodlike cramp. my whole pelvis was twisting both sides. I was almost sure it was a period but i was close to 10days away then. and very regular cycle ever since i can remember and ive not had such cramp in years. Despite all, am still hopeful, i still feel this month is it, i can almost swear but i have no idea where i get the feeling from.

Has anyone had a negative opk and still went on to get pregnant? Is it possible? I am on pregnacare "for women trying to conceive" and also folic acid daily. could that affect the opk result?

OPK detects a hormone LH surge in your urine, your body produces this near Ovulation.. i wouldnt think folic acid an pregnacare would effect the result of an opk,

what are your cycle lenghts and your LP?

also i just thought when do you use OPK morning, afternoon etc?

Tnx, am very regular with my period ever since i started a period. 28day exact. Maybe a few 27 days but thats it and a delayed period when on progesteron and after my filed ivf in Nov. Never missed a period except when i was pregnant.

i use the opk at 2pm everyday and i try not to take any liquid at least after noon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->