Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Hi Ladies, I need some advice. TMI to follow!!!!!

I thought the :witch: had arrived this morning, I had quite bad cramping and the blood was bright red on the tissue, so I definitely thought af. I was gutted as I was day 36 not quite sure when I ovulated, but I think I was between 12 - 16dpo. :cry:

Anyway DH took me shopping to try and cheer me up. Well whilst we were out I needed to use the bathroom, but when I got there the blood was brown with only some slight patches of red, which I thought was strange in itself, but now I am home there is practically nothing on the pad, only when I wipe, cramps have disappeared as well I am a bit confused :wacko:

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this and is this af or implantation???

Any advice would be great.

Wow that is unusual.... do you mean you think you ovulated on Day 12-16? (not 12-16 DPO) that would be very late implantation if it was - if you're day 36 and you ovulated on Day 16... (i've heard it implantation can take up to 12 days after ov. -has anyone heard more than that?) Perhaps you ovulated much later than you think??? Hope it's IB for you!!! FX

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply, I think it is the :witch: unfortunately it started up again about an hour after my last post, oh well onwards and upwards.

I am going to order some opk's this month and temp hopefully I can then get some idea of what my body is doing each month.

The only problem I have now is my cycle has gone from a 33 day cycle to a 36 day cycle so I now don't know when to test this cycle :shrug:

Mind you that might not be such a bad thing:)

Oh so sorry to hear AF arrived.... Glad you are keeping your chin up... I have heard it's better to have longer cycles than shorter ones... (I think egg has more time to develop and also could have longer luteal phase depending on when you ovulate).... Also don't have to deal with the witch as often! (I get it almost every 3.5 weeks..) On the other hand longer cycles aren't good for the TTW....! Hang in there!! hopefully next month! :thumbup::flower:

Good afternoon ladies.

I'm a little freaked out today. Yesterday I had a little bit of orange discharge. Thought I must be hallucinating - Orange? So I disregarded it and moved on with my day.

Then I had some more this morning with a little bit of very slight cramping. I don't think the two are related, but of course my doctor is closed today. I read online that orange discharge can be two things - 1) bad lighting and I'm actually spotting light pink or 2) a vaginal infection. Neither sound good to me. Not sure what to do. The cramps have mostly passed now and it's the smallest amount of orange discharge ever. I'm worried, but trying to tell myself that everything is okay. Not sure what to do... Any advice?

Hey Sarah,
I actually get orangish CM during my TWW, I have had that happen a few times now, then it turns to brown. If it turns red and you get bad cramps, then I would go to the doctor's. I think it is common to spot and have weird CM while you are PG.

Welcome and good luck JoJo:) I am 3 dpo today, can't wait for this TWW to be over, it is already TOO long. I am trying to stay. Good luck OdustObusy:)

Thanks so much. I'm chomping at the bit to test but waiting, I'm feeling slightly sick at night and am peeing more but I could just be doing that to myself. I'm scared to test early ad get a BFN... I'm trying to wait until atleast the third...one more week..gotta stay strong.

Yah I am going to test on the 1st:)

My Ovulation Chart

Looking good Keri! sounds like you have some good signs:) I am 6 dpo today, very sore nipples, very irritable, and so tired. I hope this is it for us!!

Welcome to all the newbies!:dust:

Hi. My husband and I finally decided to TTC # 3. I have a 3 and 5 year old boys. The first wasnt planned, the second kind of was and wasnt. This is the first pregnancy we have made the decision and are actively trying. THIS SUCKS. I am not the most patient person in the world and this whole baby making business has consumed me. I am day dreaming about the nursery, clothes, names, etc....I liked it so much better when the pregnancies just "happened" and I didnt invest so much time thinking and worrying about it. The waiting period to test is even worse. I am a little frustrated because my periods are not very normal. The few times I have tracked varied a little bit each time. Sometimes my period lasts 5-7 days and my cycle is between 34-36 days. Makes it hard to pinpoint ovulation. And the whole tracking your discharge??? I dont think thats very good way because how do you distinguish vaginal discharge from left over ejaculation?? (dont mind my bluntness) I only told one friend and my mom about the good news...its soooo hard not to want to talk to everyone about it. So I joined this discussion board so I dont BORE or annoy my non prego friends. lol. Any words of wisdom or advice?

Hi. My husband and I finally decided to TTC # 3. I have a 3 and 5 year old boys. The first wasnt planned, the second kind of was and wasnt. This is the first pregnancy we have made the decision and are actively trying. THIS SUCKS. I am not the most patient person in the world and this whole baby making business has consumed me. I am day dreaming about the nursery, clothes, names, etc....I liked it so much better when the pregnancies just "happened" and I didnt invest so much time thinking and worrying about it. The waiting period to test is even worse. I am a little frustrated because my periods are not very normal. The few times I have tracked varied a little bit each time. Sometimes my period lasts 5-7 days and my cycle is between 34-36 days. Makes it hard to pinpoint ovulation. And the whole tracking your discharge??? I dont think thats very good way because how do you distinguish vaginal discharge from left over ejaculation?? (dont mind my bluntness) I only told one friend and my mom about the good news...its soooo hard not to want to talk to everyone about it. So I joined this discussion board so I dont BORE or annoy my non prego friends. lol. Any words of wisdom or advice?

Welcome to the board!! yes it's all a bit nerve wracking isn't it! .... I've been trying for 10 years (off and on and have 1 adopted daughter).... I found that tracking temperatures and checking CM was too stressful and took the fun out of everything. I felt like a big loser waking my DH up with that beeping thermometer every morning.. hee hee...:wacko:
Now I only use the cheap Opk strips that you can order on-line - you can get a combo pack of 50 ovulation strips and 30 preg. tests for a decent price... The strips are great cause when it shows a definite rise you know you'll be ovulating in 12-48 hrs.... I also use Pre-seed that helps the spermies get up there :winkwink:.... I'm also doing a lot of other nutritional supplements and acupuncture before and after ovulation.

Good luck to you!!!:thumbup::flower:

How exciting! Congrats on the decision to have #3. I too am not very patient at waiting to test. I found that using OPK (ovulation predictor kits) worked best for me at pinpointing ovulation. You might want to give that a shot! I also found it difficult to monitor cm. You have certainly come to the right place to be able to get advice and vent how your feeling. You are not alone and we are all here to support you. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Hey Maria...Have you taken a test today or is it tomorrow. I can't remember. You have been in my prayers that this is the month for you! :)

Welcome baby on the brain!

I understand completely what you mean about checking your CM and getting it confused with left over sperm. Also I'm having the same problem as using pre seed this month (and last) and I thought had the eggwhite stuff but now I'm less convinced and think it was the preseed.

Although I am using OPK's and am expecting positive tomorrow and then I will officially be in the 2ww. What about you, are you using opks? How many cycles now have you been trying for no. 3? It is tough but you are in the right place for support :)

Girls...I went in the fridge and had a wine craving. I know I'm not gonna get pregnant this month :( just feel too down in the dumps. Normally I just have a little alcohol around AF but not really a big drinker. I've had a taste of it now (probably about 1/4 of glass) but now I've made a cup of tea because I'm not really fancying it anymore. I don't think it will stop me ovulating will it? I'm really worried I'm not going to ovulate for some reason, think I'm giving up on this cycle already.

This is not technically our first attempt. There were a few months in 2010 when were we "trying"....in otherwords not using any protection. We didnt conceive and decided to postpone it. Now we are in our 1st offical month of TTC. I dont know if I want to use the opk's quite yet. I had been tracking my periods on and off over the last year, I just need to get back into routine and track them regularly. According my best guess estimates, I should ovulate between 24th and 30th this month. DH and I have been doing the deed almost every other day since LMP. We will see....crossing fingers and praying for BFP Feb. 14thish!!! LOL

hi girls,
i'm very very sad i've been crying all day , i was so sure i was pregnant af was late and i had spotting which i thought was Implantation bleeding i was wrong :cry: i now don't know why i've been spotting for over a week before af showed up ! it's really weird..my hubby today made my day a little better and surprised me ! he's going to take me to u.s.a and london on my birthday which is on march ! so excited but i still can't keep thinking about getting pregnant :cry: we'r thinking to take a break this month and not try because if i got pregnant on feb it means that i can't travel...
i hope everyone is fine.:hugs:

Hey Maria...Have you taken a test today or is it tomorrow. I can't remember. You have been in my prayers that this is the month for you! :)

Thanks so much.... actually just went to the bathroom (have been checking every hour for AF) and there is a small amount of brown spotting but almost nothing when I wipe... Oh rats!!!!! I think AF will be here soon. I'll let you know if the red doesn't show...and if so might test tomorrow morning... I really thought this month was it!

hi girls,
i'm very very sad i've been crying all day , i was so sure i was pregnant af was late and i had spotting which i thought was Implantation bleeding i was wrong :cry: i now don't know why i've been spotting for over a week before af showed up ! it's really weird..my hubby today made my day a little better and surprised me ! he's going to take me to u.s.a and london on my birthday which is on march ! so excited but i still can't keep thinking about getting pregnant :cry: we'r thinking to take a break this month and not try because if i got pregnant on feb it means that i can't travel...

:hugs: nada. I know it's horrible getting your hopes up and then your body plays up and does something else! But your birthday treat sounds wonderful - just what you need :) What a great dh. Maybe not trying is what you need or ntnp? Good luck x

This is not technically our first attempt. There were a few months in 2010 when were we "trying"....in otherwords not using any protection. We didnt conceive and decided to postpone it. Now we are in our 1st offical month of TTC. I dont know if I want to use the opk's quite yet. I had been tracking my periods on and off over the last year, I just need to get back into routine and track them regularly. According my best guess estimates, I should ovulate between 24th and 30th this month. DH and I have been doing the deed almost every other day since LMP. We will see....crossing fingers and praying for BFP Feb. 14thish!!! LOL

Good luck! Your cycle is similar to mine :dust:

Nada A, I am sorry too. Hope that your birthday trip takes your mind off things a little bit! Sending baby vibes your way for the next month.

Thanks so much.... actually just went to the bathroom (have been checking every hour for AF) and there is a small amount of brown spotting but almost nothing when I wipe... Oh rats!!!!! I think AF will be here soon. I'll let you know if the red doesn't show...and if so might test tomorrow morning... I really thought this month was it!

As you know I had brown yesterday and barely any today (just a slight color difference on the tp). If what you are seeing is brown, then I would still keep your hopes up. Praying for you the red doesn't show! FX'd for you!!!

hi girls,

:hugs: nada. I know it's horrible getting your hopes up and then your body plays up and does something else! But your birthday treat sounds wonderful - just what you need :) What a great dh. Maybe not trying is what you need or ntnp? Good luck x

hahaha ! ntnp my ass ..as soon as i start having sex nothing else is on my mind except the baby making ! not trying at all is easier :haha:...
Thanks gemmy :D actually my hubby is really supportive i love him..
when are u testing ? i hope it's ur month...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->