Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Ladies,

So I'm losing my mind here. Stuck in a snowstorm and no ability to get out to buy a test, so I just used two OPKs, and both came back +. I am 15DPO (or 13DPO, according to FF -- but pretty sure it is wrong). Either way...

Does anybody have any experience with using OPKs as HPTs?? I might be stuck for the next two days and my curiosity is killing me!!!

I have heard reviews from both sides. Saying that's how they got the BFP and also that they are a load of crap. Are you certain when you did O???

Turns out the OPKs were right! They showed positive on Sunday, then I got a real BFP with a test on Monday, and confirmed by my RE with a beta yesterday!!!

She said that OPKs are actually less sensitive than HPTs, meaning they usually take longer to show, but I had enough hormones flowing on Sunday to trigger the response. Apparently there is overlap in the DNA threads, so OPK also doubles as an HPT. The reverse isn't true, though.

Anyway, so, so, pumped and hoping this sends positive vibes everyone else's way for a Merry Christmas and a Happy BFP!! The support on this board is so, so great.

Wow, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am a TOTAL mess today and tonight. Had a fight with DH on way in talking about baby stuff again and next steps and he is just not totally on board with IUI yet. He wants to give it one more month or even more of what we've already been doing and i get that and I know we have to check out the finances, etc. I'm just super stressed since January everything starts back over and we'll be paying out the arse for my meds and ultrasound and stuff. Ugh. i'm so nervous for another negative tomorrow morning. This journey really sucks sometimes. :cry:

I'm sorry your feeling like that ttcbaby. I dont think our men know exactly how stressfull this is for us or even how much it means to us. my oh has a very laid back attitude towards this whole process which really makes me mad! Did you test today? xxx

Yes, they are just not built the way we are. All is better today. I tested negative and had my meltdown and am now onto the next cycle with a little bit of hope returning. We'll get there eventually!!!

Okay... so ladies if you would all be so kind as to tell me all your "slang" or word abbreviations you are all using I would be ever so great full. Trying to read posts (currently in the two week wait forum) but getting stuck on abbreviated words. Haha, sorry to sound like a dumb a** xxx

https://babybumpapp.com/community/groups/86-announcements/posts/1229-common-acronyms--abbreviations

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/1228083-ttc-our-1st-miracle-rainbow-journey-160.html

Come check me out! :hugs:

well tested yesterday & bfn. my test day changed to the 1st instead of Christmas cause my o date changed but ill test again on the 1st if i don't start by then. ive been sleeping all day the last two days cause i feel super sick to my stomach & i was cramping all day yesterday. :/

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1387816204613-1.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1387816204613-1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi All,

I am currently 6dpiui and am in the dreaded 2WW of my second IUI attempt. I am so anxious to get to 14dpiui so I can test!!! I try not to get too wrapped up in symptom checking. I had a couple nausea spells day 2 and 3, and have felt the mild cramps and twinges down there. Nothing too exciting! Good luck to all who are TTC and congrats to the BFP's!

well tested yesterday & bfn. my test day changed to the 1st instead of Christmas cause my o date changed but ill test again on the 1st if i don't start by then. ive been sleeping all day the last two days cause i feel super sick to my stomach & i was cramping all day yesterday. :/

Your chart really looks good to me burns. Hang in there!!! I really hope this ends in a bfp for you! You deserve it! :hugs:

Hi All,

I am currently 6dpiui and am in the dreaded 2WW of my second IUI attempt. I am so anxious to get to 14dpiui so I can test!!! I try not to get too wrapped up in symptom checking. I had a couple nausea spells day 2 and 3, and have felt the mild cramps and twinges down there. Nothing too exciting! Good luck to all who are TTC and congrats to the BFP's!

Hi sweetie and best of luck to you! I will be saying this in February if we are not successful before then. :dust:

Your chart really looks good to me burns. Hang in there!!! I really hope this ends in a bfp for you! You deserve it! :hugs:

thanks girl. i just wanna start already or something. my temp went up to 98.54 this morning. i hope i get a bfp but i won't be upset if i don't. lol. im going to try to add my chart again if i can figure it out.

Augh, so impatient over here! BFN yesterday morning, but I was due to start my period this morning and didn't. It IS only my first cycle after quitting BC, so I suppose my expectations were a LITTLE high... just wish I knew for sure!

Just joined this site. I was on the pill for 13 years. Started early bc I had ovarian cysts. Had one ovary removed bc the cyst was so large. I'm married now and hubby and I are ttc. Stopped taking the pill back in July this yr. ovulated dec 15th. So I'm anxiously awaiting the 2 week wait. Yesterday we had intercourse and there was a little dark blood on him and I noticed some when I wiped. Could this be good news or an early period? My period is due to come on Sunday. After that spotting, there was nothing. Any thoughts or advice, feel free to share. Thanks, ladies!!

I'm in the TWW only 5DPO and going crazy. I'm planning on testing at 9DPO.

Just joined this site. I was on the pill for 13 years. Started early bc I had ovarian cysts. Had one ovary removed bc the cyst was so large. I'm married now and hubby and I are ttc. Stopped taking the pill back in July this yr. ovulated dec 15th. So I'm anxiously awaiting the 2 week wait. Yesterday we had intercourse and there was a little dark blood on him and I noticed some when I wiped. Could this be good news or an early period? My period is due to come on Sunday. After that spotting, there was nothing. Any thoughts or advice, feel free to share. Thanks, ladies!!

it could be nothing, like just from intercourse in general rough or not, it happens to me and we never have rough sex cause my cervix is too sensitive for it. but it could also be mid cycle bleeding etc. if you dont start by sunday id wait till monday then test. goodluck! :babydust:

thanks girl. i just wanna start already or something. my temp went up to 98.54 this morning. i hope i get a bfp but i won't be upset if i don't. lol. im going to try to add my chart again if i can figure it out.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Augh, so impatient over here! BFN yesterday morning, but I was due to start my period this morning and didn't. It IS only my first cycle after quitting BC, so I suppose my expectations were a LITTLE high... just wish I knew for sure!

Ugh, good luck hun. This journey can be so frustrating and you've only just begun. I hope you get pregnant right away so you don't turn cookoo like the rest of us!!!

Welcome May! I hope this happens right away for you guys. You could have had spotting just because your cervix was irritated from intercourse. It could be nothing. Best of luck to you! When are you testing???

welcome Laura! the TWW is really just dreadful. I know. You have to find other things to distract you and keep you busy. Testing early could be bad if you get negatives every day until AF. I know it's hard to wait, but it's really best to wait until at least 13 or 14dpo to test. It's taken me a long time to figure this out. It creates less stress. But if you don't mind possibly seeing those negatives over and over, go for it. Best of luck hun. :dust:

well im out i just went to the bathroom & started right then & there. -___- on to the next one.. now i can temp more accurately! hopefully it helps this cycle!

welcome Laura! the TWW is really just dreadful. I know. You have to find other things to distract you and keep you busy. Testing early could be bad if you get negatives every day until AF. I know it's hard to wait, but it's really best to wait until at least 13 or 14dpo to test. It's taken me a long time to figure this out. It creates less stress. But if you don't mind possibly seeing those negatives over and over, go for it. Best of luck hun. :dust:

Thanks. It took me until I was 8 weeks along with my first DD, 6 weeks with my second DD and 3 weeks with my last DD to get my + results. I'm hoping if I am pregnant that I'll be able to get a :bfp: sooner.

Welcome May! I hope this happens right away for you guys. You could have had spotting just because your cervix was irritated from intercourse. It could be nothing. Best of luck to you! When are you testing???

Thanks for the wishes. Yesterday I was feeling soooo bloated and crampy. But who knows....could be from the big Christmas dinner! :p
Sometimes we create physically what we want to see. So who knows. After reading about implementation, I was starting to feel like this could be it, but who knows. I'm going to test on New Year's Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->