Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

We have been trying for 10 months now, every month I am so disappointed with another negative. I really want this month to be it, but i took a test today, 9DPO probably too early, but BFN :(......

This is my first post, on any forum, just wanted to talk to someone about it, my husband doesn't really understand, he has been supportive over the last few months, but doesn't get that it is really hard for me.

I have been trying for 8 months, and if you are in the same boat as me then the doctors probably don't want to do any kind of intervention yet, is that right?

I agree, it is VERY difficult, but I am glad you posted here. We all understand how tough it is, and you can definitely talk to us for support!

My husband tries to be supportive (and it is tough for him as well), but sometimes you just need some ladies to talk to.

This was also mentioned so i really don't see it as a problem with us in the 2ww to let everyone know how it ended...how does it make sense to leave everyone hanging??? :shrug:

Vaniilla is right. Please review the rules of the forum here:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/214172-please-do-not-post-bfp-announcements-section.html

These rules are in place out of consideration to those who are TTC and LTTC.

Please be respectful of the rules and other people's feelings.

StirCrazy

My Girls: Caitlin & Megan
Retired

Administrator

Thanked others: 869

Thanked 4,547 times in 1,194 posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nypage1981

I am wondering.... is it ok to have threads that are tracking BFPs and testing dates? I know that there are a few of those where the ladies talk and support each other all month up until the BFP or AF arrives....the threads arent usually titled anything about bfp but sometimes they add in the title something like "12 bfps!", and when a BFP comes then can we say it on the thread or is that what this rule is going against? ...Maybe if they are in TWW they are ok?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOMORENUMBERS

i dont know about the actual title of the thread but you are allowed to post your update within those testing threads. xkx

These type of threads should really by in the 2WW forum. The rule for 2WW is: No new BFP threads (announcement threads), but if you are involved in a testing thread, then you can let others know in that thread if you get your BFP

I'll put a sticky in the 2WW forum to clarify that.

Ladies,

The TWW section is to be used as a support system to help one another cope with the insanity of the 2 week wait. Out of respect for those members who are LTTTC, we ask that on-going pregnancy discussions be moved to the pregnancy area of the forum. If you already have your BFP but still wish to support your friends in this thread, then please do so. However, please be mindful of pregnancy related topics.

BFP's can be announced here. However, as I stated, talking about a pregnancy is best suited to the appropriate section of this forum.

Vaniilla is right. Please review the rules of the forum here:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/214172-please-do-not-post-bfp-announcements-section.html

As PeanutWhereRU said, these are the general TTC rules, not the specific TWW rules. The specific TWW rules are found on the first page of the following link:

Two Week Wait - BFP Question

Those rules state that while BFP announcements are NOT allowed in general TTC forums, they ARE allowed in "a thread discussing your TWW (or are part of a thread with some fellow members) and at the end of the two weeks you find out you are pregnant, you can post about it in that thread."

Can we consider this case closed, and go back to our regular scheduled programming?

NO KIDDING, thank you!!!

So, when do you guys usually consider your first day of testing? I was doing it 9DPO or 11 DPO, but depends how much I can handle waiting.

We have been trying for 10 months now, every month I am so disappointed with another negative. I really want this month to be it, but i took a test today, 9DPO probably too early, but BFN :(......

This is my first post, on any forum, just wanted to talk to someone about it, my husband doesn't really understand, he has been supportive over the last few months, but doesn't get that it is really hard for me.

I have been trying for 8 months, and if you are in the same boat as me then the doctors probably don't want to do any kind of intervention yet, is that right?

I agree, it is VERY difficult, but I am glad you posted here. We all understand how tough it is, and you can definitely talk to us for support!

My husband tries to be supportive (and it is tough for him as well), but sometimes you just need some ladies to talk to.

No the doctors wont really do anything yet, not until a year, but I just have this feeling that it would have happened already if there wasn't some sort of problem. I may just be paranoid, but i really think something is wrong.

its just so much harder to see the negative tests than i thought it would be when I started this process. I am glad there are other people out there who understand how I am feeling today.

I am glad there are other people out there who understand how I am feeling today.

That's why I like the forums. They let you get out all your feelings and talk about TTC, without driving your family crazy or making anyone upset. I tried to talk to my mom about it, but she does NOT know what to say, haha!

So, when do you guys usually consider your first day of testing? I was doing it 9DPO or 11 DPO, but depends how much I can handle waiting.

According to what I have read, you have about a 50% chance of getting a BFP on 9DPO, if you are actually pregnant, but I am not sure of the accuracy of that, because some people, myself included, have trouble pin pointing the exact day of ovulation.

I am glad there are other people out there who understand how I am feeling today.

That's why I like the forums. They let you get out all your feelings and talk about TTC, without driving your family crazy or making anyone upset. I tried to talk to my mom about it, but she does NOT know what to say, haha!

I completely understand, my mother in law, who got pregnant on the first month of trying, acts like she is the most knowledgeable person on earth about this and that I am crazy for being upset... Big mistake telling others that we are trying!!

According to what I have read, you have about a 50% chance of getting a BFP on 9DPO, if you are actually pregnant, but I am not sure of the accuracy of that, because some people, myself included, have trouble pin pointing the exact day of ovulation.

I definitely know that I'm lucky - my temperatures & secondary fertility signs are pretty clear, so I'm usually pretty darn sure about what day is O day.

What I'm NOT so sure about is whether it makes me happier or crazier to be testing early! I am so jealous of those stories I hear about women who 'forgot their period was due, turns out it was a week late.."

As if I could forget! Agh!

I know, before trying to get pregnant I never had any idea when my period was due, I never kept track and I never really thought it was that regular. But now I feel like I keep track of absolutely everything: temp, CM, OPKs, what days/times we have sex, I can't wait to get pregnant so I can stop stressing about all of the things that have to go right in order to get pregnant!

I completely understand, my mother in law, who got pregnant on the first month of trying, acts like she is the most knowledgeable person on earth about this and that I am crazy for being upset... Big mistake telling others that we are trying!!

My mom is the sweetest person, really she is, but she got pregnant on her first month, then her second month trying to have my brother and I. I'm overweight and have a stressful job, and she said one day "maybe it is for the best, so that you can focus on your health, losing weight; maybe that's why it is". I wanted to yell at her! (I didn't)

Ladies,

The TWW section is to be used as a support system to help one another cope with the insanity of the 2 week wait. Out of respect for those members who are LTTTC, we ask that on-going pregnancy discussions be moved to the pregnancy area of the forum. If you already have your BFP but still wish to support your friends in this thread, then please do so. However, please be mindful of pregnancy related topics.

BFP's can be announced here. However, as I stated, talking about a pregnancy is best suited to the appropriate section of this forum.

Thank you for clarifying!

My mom is the sweetest person, really she is, but she got pregnant on her first month, then her second month trying to have my brother and I. I'm overweight and have a stressful job, and she said one day "maybe it is for the best, so that you can focus on your health, losing weight; maybe that's why it is". I wanted to yell at her! (I didn't)

I know how you feel I have been worried about job stress and my weight also impacting my fertility. I have been working hard to lose weight and I am down about 25 pounds, but as far a work stress, that wont get better for me for another 2 1/2 months.... But my husband has said variations of the same thing to me several times, especially about my weight.

Well, I'm glad that's settled. Burns, I look forward to your input and support until we all get our BFPs. :)

Welcome to the TWW! Sorry you came in at a crazy point, but I hope we haven't scared you off! lol. :) I hope this TWW ends in a BFP for you!

9DPO is waaaaayyy early. I mean, your egg can implant up to 12 DPO, so it may just be too early for a positive. I definitely don't believe you're out if you get a BFN at 9DPO. So, I'm going to be rooting for your BFP for sure! :)

Husbands rarely understand what you're going through and even though they're "trying" with you, it takes them a while to catch up emotionally. The longer it takes, the more stressful it is. I'm glad you've stumbled across us. We'll be here to support you through the tough times.

Good luck!!

I don't test until at least 13-14DPO, just in case I've got a late implanter. I don't want to stop my progesterone too soon. I'm going to be testing a little earlier this month because I've got some parties to attend and I'll want to know if I can have drink or not.

I'm surprised you didn't! I would be so cross if my mom said anything like that to me. :hugs:

But my husband has said variations of the same thing to me several times, especially about my weight.

Your husband is VERY lucky he is married to you and not I!

Because I would murder him.

Slowly.

But my husband has said variations of the same thing to me several times, especially about my weight.

Your husband is VERY lucky he is married to you and not I!

Because I would murder him.

Slowly.

Lol, sometimes I want to too, but overall he is pretty supportive of me, he just makes comments like "if you are worried about it, then fix it" and things like "maybe your weight is impacting your fertility and if you lose weight, maybe we will get pregnant faster"

Does anyone know how weight can impact pregnancy? How much extra weight can you have and get pregnant, I am 5'3" and 185, I have lost some weight, but I'm curious if anyone else has lost weight and then gotten pregnant, how much should I lose?

Does anyone know how weight can impact pregnancy? How much extra weight can you have and get pregnant, I am 5'3" and 185, I have lost some weight, but I'm curious if anyone else has lost weight and then gotten pregnant, how much should I lose?

My understanding is that excess fat increases your estrogen, which can result in you not being able to maintain a pregnancy because your progesterone is to low (relatively to the estrogen).

As well, being overweight can be a symptom of PCOS, which has a bunch of hormonal effects itself. Classically, this would be a higher risk if you are heavier around the middle, like an apple shape.

However, LOTS of people who are plus size become happily pregnant, and have a healthy nine months. I wouldn't let it scare you if you have no particular risk factors, or if your doctor says you are ok. (Mine does, even though I don't believe her 100%...)

My understanding is that excess fat increases your estrogen, which can result in you not being able to maintain a pregnancy because your progesterone is to low (relatively to the estrogen).

As well, being overweight can be a symptom of PCOS, which has a bunch of hormonal effects itself. Classically, this would be a higher risk if you are heavier around the middle, like an apple shape.

However, LOTS of people who are plus size become happily pregnant, and have a healthy nine months. I wouldn't let it scare you if you have no particular risk factors, or if your doctor says you are ok. (Mine does, even though I don't believe her 100%...)

My doctor did some tests on me in June, ultrasounds and blood work, she didn't mention PCOS, would she have been able to diagnose PCOS then?

i know all girls are different but i tested at 9 dpo got a negative then tested again and got my first (VERY light) bfp at 11 dpo. but i had my implant dip two days prior. so if you temp its easier to tell when to test. :) but if you don't temp id wait till like 10 or 12 dpo depending on if you got a positive opk or not i would go based off that date and count 10-12 days then test then. do you know how long your leutal phase is? you could just go based off that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->