Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

TTCBABY - Yes I did get lost for a bit. I tested negative on Sunday. :( today I am having cramps, irritable, and light brown spotting. This was our first time with IUI. I have had some crying moments as it is such a shock to have someone always sticking something in your uterus. I wasn't prepared for that or the amount of drugs that you have to take. I know it will be worth it once we are pregnant but it has been a little overwhelming this first time around.

Hello ladies!! sorry I was MIA for the last 10 days or so. I have accepted my recent Miscarriage and am coping much better day by day. Cant wait to be back in the tww with you all :)!!! I want to wish everybody testing good luck!!!!!!

I would also like to say to whatever people started the negativity to just butt out. This thread has been a GODSEND to many off us, I myself would be insane without some of the wonderful women on here that are so supporting and positive influences. It would be awful for us who been on here a long time to not be able to give results that we all have been praying/hoping for one another. I do understand your side of the pregnancy end after the BFP. Anywho I hope you kept it moving we are all Dandy!! :)

My doctor did some tests on me in June, ultrasounds and blood work, she didn't mention PCOS, would she have been able to diagnose PCOS then?

If you have poly-cystic ovaries they would be able to tell from the ultrasounds and blood test...if they were looking for it then, I guess. The ultrasound would show your ovaries having multiple little cysts. With the blood test, they look for elevated amounts of "male" hormones, so I guess if it was like a Day3 or Day 21 blood test, they wouldn't have looked for that in the sample.

If you have any of the symptoms (I think the major one that impacts fertility is not ovulating regularly), I would go back in and ask them to test you to find out.

TTCBABY - Yes I did get lost for a bit. I tested negative on Sunday. :( today I am having cramps, irritable, and light brown spotting. This was our first time with IUI. I have had some crying moments as it is such a shock to have someone always sticking something in your uterus. I wasn't prepared for that or the amount of drugs that you have to take. I know it will be worth it once we are pregnant but it has been a little overwhelming this first time around.

Hi Flkimber! Welcome to the TWW! Sorry you got lost in the madness. ;)

I just had my first IUI last month. I think I was prepared for all the drugs because I had done a ton of research and talked to ladies around BnB about it, so it wasn't so bad for me. At least you know now and you'll be prepared if you ever have to do it again. I'm hoping you won't though and that spotting is IB! ;)

There was so much poking and prodding, but it will be worth it in the end!

Good luck!!

I know, before trying to get pregnant I never had any idea when my period was due, I never kept track and I never really thought it was that regular. But now I feel like I keep track of absolutely everything: temp, CM, OPKs, what days/times we have sex, I can't wait to get pregnant so I can stop stressing about all of the things that have to go right in order to get pregnant!

You are SO right! I never thought about it much either. I always thought the process would be a simple one. Had no idea :dohh:

I wish our body could give us a more obvious signal that we are pregnant right away, instead of having to go through 2 weeks of sheer anxiety! Haha.

Does anyone know how weight can impact pregnancy? How much extra weight can you have and get pregnant, I am 5'3" and 185, I have lost some weight, but I'm curious if anyone else has lost weight and then gotten pregnant, how much should I lose?

My understanding is that excess fat increases your estrogen, which can result in you not being able to maintain a pregnancy because your progesterone is to low (relatively to the estrogen).

As well, being overweight can be a symptom of PCOS, which has a bunch of hormonal effects itself. Classically, this would be a higher risk if you are heavier around the middle, like an apple shape.

However, LOTS of people who are plus size become happily pregnant, and have a healthy nine months. I wouldn't let it scare you if you have no particular risk factors, or if your doctor says you are ok. (Mine does, even though I don't believe her 100%...)

My doctor did some tests on me in June, ultrasounds and blood work, she didn't mention PCOS, would she have been able to diagnose PCOS then?

Hi!

Sometimes an ultrasound or blood test does not show PCOS. In some cases only a D&C would show it. However, that is only SOME times. Usually an ultrasound would do the trick :) :thumbup:

Hello ladies!! sorry I was MIA for the last 10 days or so. I have accepted my recent Miscarriage and am coping much better day by day. Cant wait to be back in the tww with you all :)!!! I want to wish everybody testing good luck!!!!!!

I would also like to say to whatever people started the negativity to just butt out. This thread has been a GODSEND to many off us, I myself would be insane without some of the wonderful women on here that are so supporting and positive influences. It would be awful for us who been on here a long time to not be able to give results that we all have been praying/hoping for one another. I do understand your side of the pregnancy end after the BFP. Anywho I hope you kept it moving we are all Dandy!! :)

Welcome back, Loving. :hugs: No need to apologize, we know how it is and you taking the time you needed was a good thing for you to do. I was just wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad you're feeling able to cope. It takes time, but you're strong!! :)

It won't be long until you're in the TWW with us again! :)

Hey im new to posting currently 10dpo and the wait is driving me insane! ive had a few "symptoms" mild cramping, hungry, so tired, sore hips/lower back ( i had spd with my first pregnancy) and i swear my already huge boobs have gotten bigger! My cervix is high i only know this because im used to checking it as i previously had the copper coil. My partner is very supportive but i could do with a bit of feed back from ladies that are in the same position. I got a bfn at 9dpo i know its too early to test but i caved im only human lol the big thing for me is the hip/lower back pain its the first time ive gotten it since 6 months after giving birth and my daughter is now 2.
Any feedback would be much appreciated make me feel less like im going crazy :)

Hey im new to posting currently 10dpo and the wait is driving me insane! ive had a few "symptoms" mild cramping, hungry, so tired, sore hips/lower back ( i had spd with my first pregnancy) and i swear my already huge boobs have gotten bigger! My cervix is high i only know this because im used to checking it as i previously had the copper coil. My partner is very supportive but i could do with a bit of feed back from ladies that are in the same position. I got a bfn at 9dpo i know its too early to test but i caved im only human lol the big thing for me is the hip/lower back pain its the first time ive gotten it since 6 months after giving birth and my daughter is now 2.
Any feedback would be much appreciated make me feel less like im going crazy :)

Welcome!!! lower back pain I had with previously pregnancy's before. Symptoms sound good! and yes 9dpo is early very few lucky ladies get a bfp that early. I think I would trust my 12dpo result but even with that its never over till the witch arrives. Do you chart???

I know, before trying to get pregnant I never had any idea when my period was due, I never kept track and I never really thought it was that regular. But now I feel like I keep track of absolutely everything: temp, CM, OPKs, what days/times we have sex, I can't wait to get pregnant so I can stop stressing about all of the things that have to go right in order to get pregnant!

You are SO right! I never thought about it much either. I always thought the process would be a simple one. Had no idea :dohh:

I wish our body could give us a more obvious signal that we are pregnant right away, instead of having to go through 2 weeks of sheer anxiety! Haha.

haha boy do I 2nd this :wacko: this 2ww is tortious its all you can think about regardless how hard we try not to. I thought the first month try with no contraceptive we were getting BFP. Boy was I wrong!! luckily this thread was invented !!!:thumbup:

yeh the pains similar to spd which is what really made me think i could be pregnant, totally new to ttc never planned with my daughter so have no clue what charting is lol

You know, I wonder now if I must have known when I started TTC that it would take me a while. I didn't really think it would (I had all my plans to tell my family at Christmas I was pregnant, had everything figured out) but I kept migrating to the LTTC and the TTC forums that talked about not getting pregnant right away.

I hope I didn't jinx myself ;)

I just had the crappiest news, which just adds to the crappiness of the two week wait for me (AF is due on Saturday).

All my blood pressure tests have come back way too high, and now I have to go on blood pressure meds. I'm going to start going to a psychologist for general anxiety treatment, which hopefully helps get my BP down.

So, probably this has a lot to do with not getting my BFP. I'm really choked up. I feel like its 'my fault' (I know it's not) that I'm not getting pregnant now. If only I could "just relax"!

Sigh. Sorry for the rant in the TWW section; this is just crappy TWW news for me!

If you have poly-cystic ovaries they would be able to tell from the ultrasounds and blood test...if they were looking for it then, I guess. The ultrasound would show your ovaries having multiple little cysts. With the blood test, they look for elevated amounts of "male" hormones, so I guess if it was like a Day3 or Day 21 blood test, they wouldn't have looked for that in the sample.

If you have any of the symptoms (I think the major one that impacts fertility is not ovulating regularly), I would go back in and ask them to test you to find out.

just real quick and i'll come back and catch up later but Ella, i swear you and i have the same cycles going on right now and last month. We are both 5dpo today and our charts look similar. Crazy! :wacko: Love it. :dust:

just real quick and i'll come back and catch up later but Ella, i swear you and i have the same cycles going on right now and last month. We are both 5dpo today and our charts look similar. Crazy! :wacko: Love it. :dust:

LOL! I just left a very similar message for you in your journal. We do have the same cycles! I hope that means we're going to have matching BFPs this month!

I'm testing next Friday because I'm supposed to go out with co-workers that night and I want to know if I need to drown my sorrows or not. Plus, we're planning on celebrating my 30th on Saturday, so I just want to know how dirty I can get for the 30. ;) But, I'm really hoping to be secretly celebrating a pregnancy...But I guess we'll see how it goes.

back in the wait girls! BUT...not really stressing about the outcome this month...we shall see!

LOL! I just left a very similar message for you in your journal. We do have the same cycles! I hope that means we're going to have matching BFPs this month!

I'm testing next Friday because I'm supposed to go out with co-workers that night and I want to know if I need to drown my sorrows or not. Plus, we're planning on celebrating my 30th on Saturday, so I just want to know how dirty I can get for the 30. ;) But, I'm really hoping to be secretly celebrating a pregnancy...But I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm being bad this month...i'm supposed to test the 5th but i'm heading out of town that morning for a girls' weekend and glamour shots (ha, yes apparently these still exist) and we plan on drinking and just having fun, fun, fun! So...i might wait til Sunday morning to test and be surprised as shit if it's positive and also feel a LITTLE bad about the drinking...BUT...i'm not stopping life this cycle...going on as normal as if we weren't trying. Maybe that's bad but i just don't care right now. Good for you though! I hope you get to celebrate pregnancy on your big 3-0! That would be amazing! So i can't wait to stalk your chart and pee sticks! Woot woot!

That would be amazing to celebrate 30th bday!!! Your plans sounds fun either way though :)

I'm being bad this month...i'm supposed to test the 5th but i'm heading out of town that morning for a girls' weekend and glamour shots (ha, yes apparently these still exist) and we plan on drinking and just having fun, fun, fun! So...i might wait til Sunday morning to test and be surprised as shit if it's positive and also feel a LITTLE bad about the drinking...BUT...i'm not stopping life this cycle...going on as normal as if we weren't trying. Maybe that's bad but i just don't care right now. Good for you though! I hope you get to celebrate pregnancy on your big 3-0! That would be amazing! So i can't wait to stalk your chart and pee sticks! Woot woot!

Lucky you!! That will be great distraction. don't feel guilty as long as you don't get point of blacking out im sure catching a well deserved buzz is totally fine :) That's really cool you guys have such similar charts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->