Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Hi ladies, god u lot have been busy on here today lol. I can't believe I am about to type this but this morning's beta result was POSITIVE!!!! Omfg REALLY in complete shock as hpt done this morning still was not strong enough to confirm it fir us, but beta came back at 69!!!!! My James says thats a great number lol ( men and there minds) . We are both still in shock and im still crying lol, we found out at 1.45pm. 7 week scan 2nd July :-D :-D :-D*Just goes to prove that never ever give up hope, we had!!!!!

Congratulations!! :D I knew you would come back with some good news! When you were writing about your symptoms a few days ago, I thought you would be telling us you were preggo soon. I know the journey has been so long for you, so I'm so glad you're finally on the next leg of the journey toward motherhood! Congrats again!! :happydance::happydance:

H&H 9 months!

You'll have to pop in with updates and tell us when you start your preggo journal. ;)

Thank you, I will do. Thanks for all the support in here xxxx wooo hoooooo and good luck to everyone one here. We have all been on such long journeys and we all deserve a bfp xxxx

Hey ladies, AF due to arrive today... Still nothing! Tested at about 2pm but BFN... has anyone had this and been preg? Driving myself mad over here :(

Hey ladies, AF due to arrive today... Still nothing! Tested at about 2pm but BFN... has anyone had this and been preg? Driving myself mad over here :(

Yes. With my son, I did not get a bfp until I was a day late. Those were some stubborn lines!

Fox26 I tested neg even on the morning if my positive beta blood test today, so never give up hope xxx

Fox26 I tested neg even on the morning if my positive beta blood test today, so never give up hope xxx

I have been hearing about this beta testing. Is it just an hcg count? How do you go about getting one? Do you just go to the doctor and ask for one? Or do you have to be late? Or is it only under special conditions? Now I'm curious.

You should test with fmu. Your 2pm urine might not have a good enough concentration of hcg built up.

I didn't get my bfp until 15 and 16DPO, so I was 1-2 days late (on a normal cycle, my AF shows around 13DPO, but I was using progesterone, so my cycles were longer).

Good luck! Let us know how the testing goes!

Oh my gosh.

Unconcious symptom spotting is driving me crazy. My boobs have been feeling 'fluffy' and my lower abdomen keeps giving me twinges. This has happened before (and worse 'symptoms') with BFN results - Gah, why can't I just relax!

I hate TWW. #annoyed

I was on some form of Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for 10 years. I took the brand name and the generic. I'm really hoping that it is all cleared out of my body now. My hormones look good, so hopefully I'm on the road to pregnancy :)

I have been hearing about this beta testing. Is it just an hcg count? How do you go about getting one? Do you just go to the doctor and ask for one? Or do you have to be late? Or is it only under special conditions? Now I'm curious.

The Beta HCG is also called a quantitative HCG. It's a blood test that measures the exact amount of HCG instead of just a positive or negative. It's typically a doctor-ordered test, but facilities are starting to let you order them on yourself and pay out of pocket...ours is $20. You should call around if you're interested

So I got VERY impatient and had my blood drawn at work and tested myself for HCG. I've done this several times and it's usually 0.0, but this time it was 0.8. I'm thinking that I was about 5-6 DPO, so obviously I'm way too early to even be testing and even though that's technically negative, it's more than it usually is. I'm driving myself crazy. This is what happens when you have access to these tests and are TTC :) AAAHHHH!!!!

5-6 DPO? Really? You kind of wasted that test there, huh. You do know it doesn't count until the egg implants, right? Implantation usually happens between 7-12DPO...Maybe try again in a few days.

But I'm glad it gave you some hope. I hope the next time you go crazy, you get a better result...as in a BFP. :)

5-6 DPO? Really? You kind of wasted that test there, huh. You do know it doesn't count until the egg implants, right? Implantation usually happens between 7-12DPO...Maybe try again in a few days.

But I'm glad it gave you some hope. I hope the next time you go crazy, you get a better result...as in a BFP. :)

Well that sure sounded snotty.....so much for not feeling judged....

Anyways, yes I am aware of that but I miscalculated my dpo when I decided to test and thought I was closer to 9 dpo. I'm pretty new to ttc and didn't realize that ovulation occurred after the lh surge AND I'm not sure exactly when my surge was. I work in a lab so the tests are free. I just decided what the hell. I might as well run it knowing that its early but a positive would be a positive.

Hi ya,

Beta is hcg count and its the blood test they take at your clinic on the day your due for testing. I don't know if anyone does it earlier like Dr's etc.. but not worth testing till that day anyway coz its too early. Good luck and lots of baby dust being sent your way and also to everyone else going through this torture lol xxxxxxx

Anyways, yes I am aware of that but I miscalculated my dpo when I decided to test and thought I was closer to 9 dpo. I'm pretty new to ttc and didn't realize that ovulation occurred after the lh surge AND I'm not sure exactly when my surge was. I work in a lab so the tests are free. I just decided what the hell. I might as well run it knowing that its early but a positive would be a positive.

I totally get what you were trying to say - as in, even IF you know it isn't likely meaningful, and even if you know you maybe shouldn't do early tests, when you DO (especially when you have access to free ones) it drives you crazy!

Honestly, if I could do free blood pregnancy tests, I'd be doing it every day from the time I ovulated, no matter how absolutely irrational that is.

I totally get you lady.

That did come off snotty (bordering on bitchy), didn't it? Sorry, Tierra.

I did think after I went to work that it probably didn't sound like it did in my head online. I'm slightly sarcastic by nature, but sometimes I forget sarcasm doesn't translate. I usually try to translate it into something that sounds less harsh...but, yeah...that didn't happen this morning.

Not trying to be judgy, so sorry about that. I'm sure if we had access to free tests, we'd all be doing them.

What I was going for was, '5-6DPO, wow, that's early. Testing that early probably won't give you the results you're looking for because there hasn't been implantation yet. But, it's close. Try again in a few days and hopefully, you'll see a BFP.'

Didn't come out like that though....:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->