Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

1DPO here on my 4th month ttc, but my first month after DH got a normal SA. So, I'm hopeful that the lifting of the stress of wondering whether his low T was affecting his fertility will boost our chances this month. Also, we tried preseed this month to give his guys a little more swimming juice.

Baby dust to all!

Took a HPT this morning, BFN. Still no AF but I'm sure she's on her way soon. We've been trying for 13 months now and I really thought this was the month. Feeling completely crushed!

So sorry dreamingmom,
Don't give up! I can understand the frustration, I've been trying off and on for 10 years for #1. I took a break for a good while after my last mc but couldn't give up on wanting a family. I hope you get your BFP soon!

(((HUGSS)))

Took a HPT this morning, BFN. Still no AF but I'm sure she's on her way soon. We've been trying for 13 months now and I really thought this was the month. Feeling completely crushed!

Hello! I'm new to all this TTC... 29 years old and ready to be a mama! I took out my IUD on July 16th, bled for about a day afterwards, ovulated (Took ovulation tests to confirm) on the 5th of August- did the deed a few days before that and after. The past few days (August 14th and 15th) I've been cramping and have had some discharge-not major but enough for me to notice. What the advice on taking a pregnancy test? I'm so new to all of this and I read a billion things but not quite sure what to do!

Thanks for the support everyone. So far no AF, just a little wet discharge and temp is still up. Hopefully the first test was a false negative. I am waiting a few more days before I test again.

Hello! I'm new to all this TTC... 29 years old and ready to be a mama! I took out my IUD on July 16th, bled for about a day afterwards, ovulated (Took ovulation tests to confirm) on the 5th of August- did the deed a few days before that and after. The past few days (August 14th and 15th) I've been cramping and have had some discharge-not major but enough for me to notice. What the advice on taking a pregnancy test? I'm so new to all of this and I read a billion things but not quite sure what to do!

Lauren,
If you can wait to take a HPT until at least a day after you miss your period, which I am guessing will be in two to three days if your luteal phase is long enough. You may not have enough HCG in your system before that, even if you did conceive.

I'm with dreamingmom.

If you're sure you ovulated on the 5th, today would be 11 days past ovulation. Most women have a LP (luteal phase) of 12-16 days. Since you're so new to TTC, you may not know how long yours is normally...but if you do have to try again next month, it would be good to figure out how long your LP is. So, keep track of it. :)

Most women test around 13-14DPO (days past ovulation). Some women don't see positives until 16DPO, while others see faint positives at 9 or 10DPO. It all depends on the length of your tubes and such...but it's probably easier to wait until AF is due and then test, especially if you don't have a load of internet cheapie tests lying around. That way you'll have more HCG built up in your body, so you'll see a better positive around then.

Good luck! Keep us updated!

Dreamingmom I can completely understand how you must be feeling. Hope you get your BFP this time.

I am on 15dpo today, took HPT today and on 13dpo both were negative. My luteal phase is usually around 13-14 days. I feel like AF is coming since 12dpo with bloating in my tummy, constipation, slight pain in abdomen. I'm feeling so drained out and low now. When will this wait get over! :dohh:

Girls, is it possible that HPT is negative on 15dpo and person be still be pregnant. I think I will wait until next Sunday (if AF doesnot show up) to test again.

Cheers!

I didn't get my last two BFPs until 16DPO, so it is possible. (Disclaimer: It didn't end well for me, but every woman is different and other women have had successful pregnancies with late BFPs).

Good luck! I hope AF continues to stay away! Keep us updated!

I didn't get my last two BFPs until 16DPO, so it is possible. (Disclaimer: It didn't end well for me, but every woman is different and other women have had successful pregnancies with late BFPs).

18 DPO, POAS first thing this morning and got a BFP! It was very light at first, so I almost missed it. Checked with my DH and he confirmed there are definitely 2 lines! I also have now had 18 days of high temps and tons of symptoms including very sore breasts and nausea. A friend of mine said that in her experience people who have these symptoms early on are usually are able to carry full term, so I have high hopes that it will stick. :happydance:

Good day ladies,
Today I'm 16 dpo. I tested using digital on 14dpo and got a NO. Although I'm itching to test again I've decided its best to wait and go in on Monday for bw for the final answer. My boobs are tender/ nips sensitive. Still having strange dreams and at times my tummy feels weird but I'm trying not to over analyze things and be realistic. This ttc business can drive a girl mad, lol!!
Good luck to all!!

18 DPO, POAS first thing this morning and got a BFP! It was very light at first, so I almost missed it. Checked with my DH and he confirmed there are definitely 2 lines! I also have now had 18 days of high temps and tons of symptoms including very sore breasts and nausea. A friend of mine said that in her experience people who have these symptoms early on are usually are able to carry full term, so I have high hopes that it will stick. :happydance:

Wow Dreamingmom, Congratulations!

Thanks DBZ34.
Also I forgot to add one detail, I am on progesterone gel (crinone 8%) and I'm suspecting that this could have led to lengthening of luteal phase. So lets see!

Hey girl, I just wanted to check if u were taking any progesterone during this cycle?

First time new user of the forum. It's been one week, with about one more to go. Since last week having only cramps on one side as well as very tired, to the point I don't want to get up. Also breast tingling (I have fibrocystis.) Let's hope I don't go crazy for the next week.

Hey girl, I just wanted to check if u were taking any progesterone during this cycle?

Mishopeful,

No, I have not taken any progesterone while TTC.

So I'm 12dpo -boobs seem bigger, urinated a bunch today, temp has been 99.5-99.8 past couple days, some cramping off an on, some loose bm(tmi) sorry! And had a migrain two days ago, so not sure what's up never felt like this before AF ever. Also boobs not really sore but some tingling that us off an on, any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->