Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Followed your advice and decided to see when I ovulated. It was bang on when I had sex and we dtd on my most fertile days. Period is due the 15 or 16. But I know my DPO is 2 right now. So quite a little bit for me to wait :/ but I'm glad I tracked it so I know. My symptoms right now are cramps, back pain, twinges when I move certain ways, heightened sense of smell, and nausea.

I'm out again. Just like clockwork, started spotting last night and the :witch: is in full effect today :growlmad:

Sorry honey. A glass of wine or something is in order for you then! :hugs:

ttcbabyisom that's why I took the test Thursday eve. My man had a bottle of wine waiting for me when I got home from work and I didn't wanna open it unless I knew I was in the clear. Wishing I wasn't able to drink any of it but I def enjoyed a glass... and the rest of the bottle! :haha:

Hi everyone. I'm back. Last month was really weird.
The last like 6-7 months I've had a cycle of 38 days.
Last month, 1 day after we dtd, I started to feel these really weird twinges in my lower abdomen.
It turned out my period was 2 days early, but I still couldn't let go of the feelings I had. Never ever felt like that before.

Well, now I used an ovulation calendar, to find out my ovulation was around 30th of September to 5th of October. We dtd on the 30th, the next day I felt the same twinges. Naturally, I thought that it was just PMS as it was last month, but now it has lasted longer, and if my cycle is at all regular, I won't have my period until the 14th of October..
Last month these tiwnges lasted for 3 days, then 2 days of nothing, then I got my period.
This month I have felt the twinges (and some cramping, but I'm trying not to read into it...) for 6 days straight.
What can this meeaaaaaan?? I'm going crazy... :p

UPDATE:
Well, the weird feeling just stopped. I've been having constantly since the 1th of October, and now it just stopped... Maybe my mind is just playing me...

I'm out again. Just like clockwork, started spotting last night and the :witch: is in full effect today :growlmad:

Sorry honey. A glass of wine or something is in order for you then! :hugs:

ttcbabyisom that's why I took the test Thursday eve. My man had a bottle of wine waiting for me when I got home from work and I didn't wanna open it unless I knew I was in the clear. Wishing I wasn't able to drink any of it but I def enjoyed a glass... and the rest of the bottle! :haha:

That's so sweet he had one waiting for you! I totally get that feeling though too...not wanting to be able to drink it because you'd rather be preggers. My DH had my favorite pumpkin beer waiting in the the fridge for me this cycle if my results were negative. That beer is still in there. :)

My BBT keeps rising.... really hope I don't combust - LOL - it hasn't dropped once since ovulation

FX hun... We're very close....

Your chart is doing a stair stepping thing upwards, i LOVE it!!! :dust:

I hope it means something good.....

Well dang girl, it's totally looking great! It's still doing it!

I really hope it continues making it until i can test.....

Totally feeling ill and bloated today. :( testing again tomorrow morning. Sundays test was negative and my thermometer broke.

Tracking with bbt confuses me. If you test everyday, and find out you o'd after it's already done, then what's the point?
Especially if your fertile cycle can vary from month to month.

the only way to see if you O'd is by temping. CM or OPK will not tell you. CM an OPKs will tell you that you are gearing up to O - but that does not mean that you actually had. I temp to confirm, I have only had 1 anovulatory cycle and I am just making sure that it is not the case. Nothing like waiting the two weeks just to find out you didn't and are not O'ing any more.

Hi All, this is my first time posting so I'm a bit nervy!

My husband and I are TTC for the first time and the two week waiting is killing me. We did the baby making dance 4 times in my ovulation period which I test with the maybe baby ov tester.

I am currently 6 dpo and am vert sleepy and today I have been super emotional. BBS are a little sore but nothing intense, I also feel a little bit stuffy if my nose and am having twinges in my abdomen

Is it possible I am imagining all these things or is it pretty common to over analyse everything in the two week wait?

X

Tracking with bbt confuses me. If you test everyday, and find out you o'd after it's already done, then what's the point?

Charting can be super helpful in making sure you BD at the most opportune time! if you're charting and doing opk's at the same time, you will see a pattern over a long time that can help you determine around the dates each month you should be ovulating or about to, etc. I have found it super helpful over the last 32 months!

Hi All, this is my first time posting so I'm a bit nervy!

My husband and I are TTC for the first time and the two week waiting is killing me. We did the baby making dance 4 times in my ovulation period which I test with the maybe baby ov tester.

I am currently 6 dpo and am vert sleepy and today I have been super emotional. BBS are a little sore but nothing intense, I also feel a little bit stuffy if my nose and am having twinges in my abdomen

Is it possible I am imagining all these things or is it pretty common to over analyse everything in the two week wait?

X

Welcome sweetie and BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BOTH!!! Yes, it's very possible and common to overanalyze during the 2ww! It's what we ttc'ers do best!!! I'm sure you're not imagining those symptoms. Unfortunately, those symptoms could just be your body doing its normal thing too and you just never really noticed it before because you weren't tracking symptoms. I hope it's not and that it's a baby getting all comfy in there or getting ready to implant. I'm on progesterone every month so my symptoms can ALWAYS be blamed on that and not a baby so my 2ww is always super stressful and i'm always thinking i AM pregnant and i'm not. So good luck honey and lots of :dust: :dust: :dust:

My BBT keeps rising.... really hope I don't combust - LOL - it hasn't dropped once since ovulation

I can't wait for you to test! That chart is insane! :dust:

Planning to test Friday the latest. I'm just waiting for 2-3 more temps... Earliest could be on 14dpo thursday... Really praying for a :bfp:

I can't wait for you to test! That chart is insane! :dust:

Planning to test Friday the latest. I'm just waiting for 2-3 more temps... Earliest could be on 14dpo thursday... Really praying for a :bfp:

14dpo is a perfect day to test. I will say a prayer!!!

The thing about temping is that it's a tool to confirm that you have actually ovulated.

Some months, you could get a positive opk, but not actually ovulate then, due to stress or any of the other reasons ovulation could be delayed. If you were just going off of opks, you would have stopped BDing and missed your chance. Or maybe you just think you know when you ovulate, but if it is delayed, you could stop having sex too early and miss the egg.

There are some months where my body gears up to ov really early in my cycle. If I didn't temp, I would have no idea and I would miss the egg completely.

If you temp long enough, you get to know your body and the way it behaves before ovulation, looking at the chart and keeping track of the way you feel. So, you know when you're about to ovulate, just by looking at your chart...and then you get your DH in bed and BD for all you're worth.

So, it's not a pointless exercise. I find it really helpful. I just started doing opks as well (to do the SMEP) and it only adds to my ovulation picture...very helpful.

I think I'll try it.. this is my first month ttc and I am experiencing cramping amd back pain. Im hoping it means something.. or it could mean ive been eating way too much cheese dip the past few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->