Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Hi! I'm new here. Mu husband and I have decided to try for baby # 5.. I know it sounds crazy, but the kids are so good!! Well, we started trying this month and two days after I think I ovulated, I started having cramps and feeling a bit sick. You would think that because I have had so many kids before that I would know all there is to know, but I don't! All my pregnancies were different. And I'm wondering if its all in my head because I want it so much! I am due on the 22nd for my period and am in the dreaded two week wait.. :dohh: Anyone else feel so awful so soon in pregnancy? I've heard that you can feel things sooner if you have had previous pregnancies? Anyone know any truth to that?:wacko:
I am feeling the same way. According to all the calculators, I ovulated on the 7th so I 3 DPO and all day today I felt sick and now my boob won't stop itching (that just started), I have had food cravings, my stomach feels heavy, and I am peeing more. It's like I go, come back and sit down, and I'm back up to go again. I have two children (19 and 12) so I don't remember exactly how my symptoms were but I do know I knew right away. I like knowing I am not alone in experiencing early symptoms. I just read on another site where three different women had symptoms at 2 DPO and all three were pregnant. Good luck to you and Happy New Year!

are you hoping for any particular sex? im on baby number 3 but my husband has 2 children already so technically our fifth. but it took me ages to conceive this bean and its another gorgeous boy but i really want a girl...

After going back and forth with DH on whether to have child for pretty much our whole relationship, we have jumped fully into the YES camp and are actively TTCing. This is our first month so I am unreasonably hopeful to get that BFP this Saturday. I feel like I all I do now is research more effective ways to TTC and how to tell if I am pregnant lol. If this is how dragging every tww will be then I may not survive this :nope:

Ttc can be a very slippery slope to insanity! Lol!

Had some cramping and thought maybe I was O'ing early this month. Normally don't till CD32ish and today is only CD21. Well sure enough I had a temp spike today and no other reason why my temp could be elevated. I was not using OPKs because I didn't think I'd being O'ing any time soon. But after my temp rise I was curious so I took one and it was positive. So I guess I"m now in the TWW? :wacko:

Is it possible for your temp to slightly elevate before you O or only after you have already?

Back in the TWW. And this is the first real chance we've had since I had my surgery in October. Let's hope this cycle ends in a BFP! :D

Your chart is still looking good! :happydance:

Oh mimzy, I hope you did o... You timed bding perfectly if you did!!!!!

That spike is definitely looking like o... Fx!!!

I am new to this site today. I posted a thread and would love some feedback on my chart. Good or bad, I'm always looking for someone else's opinion about what may be going on in there!

I'm 8 DPO, and so impatient. We started TTC in September, but my cycles were very messed up (compared to normal) due to stopping BCP. Being used to a clockwork 28 day cycle, having all over the place cycles that were nearly 40 days long was like torture! Especially when all I wanted to do was test! This cycle I decided to really try to relax, not stress, not "schedule" BDing as much, and just let things happen. Shockingly, I ovulated on CD 12 -- since stopping BC I've been O'ing around CD 23 -- my chart has been looking great compared to the last few cycles, but I'm terrified to look at that temp every morning! Dreading seeing a drop. I've had some mild symptoms, but I'm hoping they're not imaginary. I would like to say thank you in advance for any support and/or feedback that I get here, and I am very thankful for communities like this, seeing how we are keeping our TTC a secret for now. (We want to surprise everyone if/when it happens!)

I am new to this site today. I posted a thread and would love some feedback on my chart. Good or bad, I'm always looking for someone else's opinion about what may be going on in there!

I'm 8 DPO, and so impatient. We started TTC in September, but my cycles were very messed up (compared to normal) due to stopping BCP. Being used to a clockwork 28 day cycle, having all over the place cycles that were nearly 40 days long was like torture! Especially when all I wanted to do was test! This cycle I decided to really try to relax, not stress, not "schedule" BDing as much, and just let things happen. Shockingly, I ovulated on CD 12 -- since stopping BC I've been O'ing around CD 23 -- my chart has been looking great compared to the last few cycles, but I'm terrified to look at that temp every morning! Dreading seeing a drop. I've had some mild symptoms, but I'm hoping they're not imaginary. I would like to say thank you in advance for any support and/or feedback that I get here, and I am very thankful for communities like this, seeing how we are keeping our TTC a secret for now. (We want to surprise everyone if/when it happens!)

Hello and welcome!!!

I agree with you, the best thing for ttc is trying to stay relaxed and positive... Now, if you find a way of achieving this, tell me your secret! Every month I start firmly saying I'll be calm and rational, and by the end I'm a symptom spotter monster :) I hope your journey here is short and sweet and that you soon go to the 'I'm pregnant' posts :)

I can't see your chart so I'm thinking you posted it somewhere else? Can you post it here too? I'll have a look and tell you what I think :)

Baby dust!!!

So this is my first time on here and I'm not quite in the know with all the abbreviations so bear with me. I had a positive OV test on 1/2 and we BD 1/3. My period was expected 14,15 or today as the last day. It's been on track and I've kept up with it every month since Sept never being late. I broke down and did a test this morning and got a negative but still no AF. What do to?
Also, my boobs ALWAYS get sore prior to my period and stop once it comes .. this time they are perfectly fine with no soreness at all.

So this is my first time on here and I'm not quite in the know with all the abbreviations so bear with me. I had a positive OV test on 1/2 and we BD 1/3. My period was expected 14,15 or today as the last day. It's been on track and I've kept up with it every month since Sept never being late. I broke down and did a test this morning and got a negative but still no AF. What do to?
Also, my boobs ALWAYS get sore prior to my period and stop once it comes .. this time they are perfectly fine with no soreness at all.

Mmm, exciting!!!!!!! I hope it's a good sign for you. Ok, here are three options as to what might be going on...

1) sometimes your Lutheal phase varies, even if you're regular. So sometimes you can have your period a few days earlier or later even if you're usually regular.

2) You could be pregnant and your levels are still too low to show on a home test. Which brand are you using?

3) you might have ovulated later than you think. I know you got your positive opk but sometimes your body can have the hormonal surge as its ready to ovulate but for some reason it doesn't happen. You could then not ovulate at all that cycle, it ovulate later (you would have gotten another positive opk later on). Do you chart your temperature? That's the only way to confirm you have actually ovulated.

I hope it's the second!!! Baby dust to you...

Thanks for the reply. So I use the clearblue ovulation tests with :) for results and then I do not chart my temp although I'm seriously considering starting based off of my readings etc. Can you tell me the best method for that? just keep the therm by the bed and check each day before rising? Jot in small notebook type of thing? The CM was accurate for supporting the positive O'v around that time frame too so I'm perplexed.
I feel tired and ditsy and fat but that could easily be my self-induced symptoms from hoping for preggors status :)
So if no AF in a couple days, should I test again?

Could be too early still even though AF was due. Wait and test again if AF doesn't show. Do you temp, so you know for sure when you ovulated? Or sometimes stress can delay your period. I hope that isn't the case for you, just throwing it out there because it quite common when women are TTC and stressing out about it.

oh and its a very good sign with the no soreness! ;) I always got sensitive nips after O and the cycle I got my BFP they weren't sensitive at all.

Thanks for the reply. So I use the clearblue ovulation tests with :) for results and then I do not chart my temp although I'm seriously considering starting based off of my readings etc. Can you tell me the best method for that? just keep the therm by the bed and check each day before rising? Jot in small notebook type of thing? The CM was accurate for supporting the positive O'v around that time frame too so I'm perplexed.
I feel tired and ditsy and fat but that could easily be my self-induced symptoms from hoping for preggors status :)

For temping, make sure you get a bbt thermometer as brute more accurate, they give two decimal places rather than just one. Keep the thermometer next to your bed and temp as soon as you wake up, before doing ANYTHING, even talking. It's best to temp at same time of day so set an alarm. You can choose to temp orally or vaginally, vaginal temps are much more reliable. You can chart your temp in a printed chart (download them from Google, look for baby chart) or download an app (thoroughly recommend fertility friend, free version is good enough)

Definitely test again in a couple of days if af isn't here. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the help! I'll try the BBT next cycle for sure!

I suppose it could be too early but we are approaching 2 weeks since bbd so I'd think that's plenty of time.

As for stress, I've not been under a ton since the O date so I'm not sure if that would play into or not but always could??!

Also no usual af symptoms and watery type cF here lately too when I've read it's supposed to dry up a bit... Idk What's going on

For BBT, you can try the forum below... almost all the ladies there are temping.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...king-together-until-we-all-get-bfps-1071.html

Hi :hi: I would say wait a couple of days and test again, could be that your hcg levels are a lil low still . Good luck

I am here on the TWW , hopeful but nervous, trying not read into anything ...because I will drive myself nuts! After 2 losses in 2013 that landed me in also 2 surgeries ...here I am again in 2015 trying again my doctor says I'm healthy so I hope I can do this! Would be extra especial if baby was conceived this month as he or she would be born on daddy's birthday month ! Here's to wishful hopes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->