We're all in this together!

hi ladies, i need a bit of advice. I think i am 3dpo tday and i have been invited down a friends house tnite for a drink and a chinese. As i have mentioned earlier we havent told anybody we are ttc so im trying to think up of an excuse i already havent used for three months???
Could anybody give me some advice as to whether it is safe to drink tnite?
your thoughts and feelings would b greatly appreciated.

Not sure if it's safe or not I tend to avoid alcohol the last half of the month. Do you drive? If so use that as an excuse, I needed to go out this weekend but have held back just incase! Hopefully you'll find an excuse ;-)

Its fine :) Until a placenta is developed etc the possible pregnancy is sustained from the yolk and not through you. So..until that point (which would b when youd be far enough for the bfp anyway!) youre safe to do as you do.

Thanks ladies for all the wishes :) :hugs: means a lot to have you guys picking me up.

I have seen my own doc since the ectopic. Problem is, It was quite a while back now. I found out I was pregnant in Feb last year :) I had medical intervention rather than surgical, and the drugs really arent pleasant and are rather nasty. And it didnt work the first time so I had to have it a second. Ive noticed that my cycles dont feel as regular to me anymore since I had that. I did research it but people said things got back to normal pretty quick.

Well, since my last post, the bleeding stopped. Then it turned brown. So I got a bit hopeful when it completely dried up and the af pains went away that maybe it was implantation bleeding. But since then, its turned into very light bleeding so I reckon thats probably me done. Im using a tampon to survey the situatoin and I guess tomorrow will either be CD1 or lots of :shrug: from me.

I think Its time we saw the doctor. Its been a long time now and matt and I just dont seem to be getting anywhere. Its been over a year so I guess Ill qualify for investigatory stuff. Low moment I guess. Feels a bit like maybe this just wasnt meant for me.

:hugs: x

Don't give up hunni! It seems the same to me ATM but if we give up we'll never get what we want. Go talk to your docs chick, I would have thought they'll be able to at least check you over and FXed tomorrow isn't cd1!

Makes you feel like you've failed doesn't it, everything happens for a reason, maybe that strong bean isn't ready yet, but it will be one day! Like KT said if tomorrow is cd1 its a fresh cycle to have fun with and good opportunity to go the docs.

If matts anything like Simon he feels like he's failed you and it's his fault, I know Simon struggles alot more than he lets on!

My sex drive has completely gone (like last cycle) I've been getting pinching pains too, but if last months anything to go by AF will arrive again in a couple of weeks.

Seems as though we're all in the same boat ATM :-(

:hugs: xx

pinching pains can also be a good indication that youre ovulating though! I know the sex drive can dissapear sooo damn fast but..try and get a sneaky sesh in just incase!

How are you today? Im getting over the upset. This morning was a clear CD1. Had my cries and now just want to get the witch over and done with.

Im not going to give up. I guess I just have to accept that my body needs checking out. So im going to get to the doctors in the next few weeks and ask for some tests. And I guess Ill buy some preseed and maybe even opk (or attempt too) for this next cycle.

Whick opks do you use btw?

I hear you about simon. Think matt is the same. How he says he wants to get a sperm analysis done, bless.

xx

Yh I'm just not gettin my hopes up this month.

I think I've got another water infection on the way which will mean a trip to the docs so i ask about TTC then.

Another fresh cycle for you tho, I just use the cheap ones off eBay, I think I got 30 with 3 free pg tests.

Not a bad idea to get tested chick, doesn't hurt anyone to have an MOT! Lol I'm tired this weekend too but I thinks that's the gym 2 days running and a 2hour walk just now!

Simon keeps saying he's gonna checked out too. Daft things!

My SIL doesn't help matters, constantly talking about being pregnant, I just avoid her as much as poss! Xx

Hi everyone, thanks for your advice last night i had 1 glass of lager shandy after just so people dont start to think i could be preg but i then drove home.

I am also having pinching pains today, I dont think I have felt these before. They feel very similar to hunger pains but lower down and i can feel them both sides where i suspect is my ovaries? Fingers crossed. :0)

I know i havent been ttc for very long but i cant help but feel negative already, I keep telling myself I cant be preg, I guess that's because I cant be 100% I actually ovulated. I think I may start charting my temp next month, but my fiance thinks we should try as we have been for 6 months so we would be laid back without checking temp etc everyday.

FXed for you chick :) I'm still not sure if I'm ov'ing after almost 7 months :-( and I didn't get a temp rise so who knows ey.

I think this is def the start of a water infection now, so if it keeps getting more and more painful to pee and uncomfortable i'll be goin the docs tomorrow cause I don't want this to last as long as last time (almost a week!) so if I do go I.l ask about ovulating, but I'm not sure what to say :blush: I don't really know how to go about it to get them to do some tests.

Any help would be great ladies!

Well water works feel better for now do fingers crossed there's no infection! However I've had another positive OPK??!! Surely it's not right to have a positive every time, not getting lighter or darker?!?

Sex drive is none existent and I have mild cramps. I can't decide if this is due to oving or not as ive only felt like this last cycle and this one. No more OPKs now for me! Also still no temp rise!

Hope everyone else is doin better than this xx

Ok so in several posts back you ladies were talking about the dreaded BLUE DYE tests. Since I am newly trying I have never heard of this. Now I am cautious.

AF was supposed to be here today- never showed took this test a hour ago and swore I saw a line so I took it apart and I see it. Now I am afraid this is the blue dye bleeding business you were talking about. In shock and scared shitless to be excited- fearful it is the stupid blue dye.

what do you think?

https://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/mrsjoannak/IMAG1762.jpg

IT does look like a line..HOWEVER...Im still dubious and would highly suggest you take a pink dye test.

See..if you look close at the picture, the line is very thin and is right where the indent line is for the chemicals. These blue tests are unreliable because as the dye washes over the indent it -can- leave the colour behind and is rather misleading!

Id say grab a pink to be sure, and let us know. Crossing everything though!

KT - it doesnt matter if youve been triyng a month or a year. The heart aches for what it wants. Id love to say it gets easier with time but it doesnt. Sometimes when I think about how I was feeling two years ago when I said I was ready, it feels strange to think im still waiting for that baby. But, Ive found first month, second month, third month..its all hard in its own ways.

I say temp. The reason I say this is because its easy to continue on the way you are, but you always can benefit more from knowing what your body is doing. What if you go 6 months at it and then find out that your not ovulating? It can be stressful using all these different techniques but my advice would be that if you want to maximise your chances, get on it!

L - I hope your water works is staying away with the infection! Get to the doctors if it comes back again. As for the doc, tell them youve been ttc for a year, but that youre having issues determining if your ovulating. Explain that youve been using opks but that youre having weird results. That might help!

Im in a weird place atm. Im bleeding still but its still not like normal af, so Ill probably do a test on friday just to confirm to myself that im definitely in a new cycle and then move from there.

Today I ordered my preseed and some vitamins :yipee: Im also going to be opking with you girls next cycle!

I had nothing but trouble the last time. My line was nonexistent when I wasnt ovulating but then when my surge was meant to come the line started to get darker but still remained feint overall and nowhere near the control line. But the place I got my preseed from sells ultra sensitive opks for women like me! YAY!

Smep, lube and opks here I come!

xx

Thanks for your advice sarah i think i may take your advice and start temping, its a scary thought to think i may not be ovulating! Ive read alot about pre-seed lately too because i dont actually have ewcm, i only have an increase of watery cm for 3 days? Does anybody know whether pre-seed is any good?

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd say hi as some of the comments you've been posting sounds like the way I'm feeling at the moment :( We've been ttc'ing for over a year now and I'm really starting to think this isn't meant to happen for me and I can't stand this thought!! My DH has low sperm count but apparently it's not enough for us not to conceive so I'm panicking there is something wrong with me now too :( I've got my first appointment with FS on 8th Feb and I'm beyond nervous!! Have any of u been to see one yet and if so how was it?

Where r u guys up to at the moment in terms of ur cycle? Af is due soon for me and i can feel it coming!! Hate this time of the month!!

Anyway baby dust to u all!
xx

Sounds to me like preseed is just what you need.

Let me ramble. Basically, once the sperm is in the vagina, your body starts to kill the spermies with your secretions. But when we ovulate, we release EWCM which acts as a safe solution for the sperm, and also helps it reach the cervix. Its highly fertile environment, where the rest of our cycle, we are quite acidic which kills off most of the sperm before it even reaches the cervix.

When you dont get ewcm, it limits your amount of spermies that can try and get to the tubes, because its not getting the help and support to get there. Most lubricants are not safe and actually kill off the sperms. Preseed is developed to be a fertile fluid, and mimics your ewcm. It helps to keep the sperm strong and give them more of a chance to enter the cervix. I do get ewcm, but this stuff is apparently a godsend and really does its good, specially if you use the one with the internal applicator.

Its a tad expensive, but you are meant to use less than the recommend dose since everyone says the dose is way too much. If youre not getting the ewcm id suggest giving it a go. Zillions swear by it, and ive read some women saying how they got their bfp the first time using it.

I found it cheapest at accessdiagnostics website. Thinking of going it a go? We can be preseed cycle buddies!

As for the ovulating..im sure you are! I just used it as an example :) Temping or using opks can be a good way of picking up on things super fast and thus taking away the heartache of months and months of trying without any answers :)

x

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd say hi as some of the comments you've been posting sounds like the way I'm feeling at the moment :( We've been ttc'ing for over a year now and I'm really starting to think this isn't meant to happen for me and I can't stand this thought!! My DH has low sperm count but apparently it's not enough for us not to conceive so I'm panicking there is something wrong with me now too :( I've got my first appointment with FS on 8th Feb and I'm beyond nervous!! Have any of u been to see one yet and if so how was it?

Where r u guys up to at the moment in terms of ur cycle? Af is due soon for me and i can feel it coming!! Hate this time of the month!!

Anyway baby dust to u all!
xx

Hi sweetie,

Nice to have you with us! I think weve all been in that low place where were thought it wouldnt happen. But ofc it can! We just have to believe and hold on to the end result.

The important thing is that youve taken that step for guidance and advice on how to help your situation along to that end goal. I havent been to one yet, though am open to the idea that i might need too, so I can imagine that it must feel quite daunting. BUT, it will bring you that one step closer to you and that baby, and Im sure it will put your mind at ease!

Good news that the OH is still within fertile levels :thumbsup: I was reading a website earlier that said Vitamin C and Zinc can really help to give sperm counts a boost. Might be worth a try?

Im CD2 today. Had a really positive month I thought it was going to happen and then started to bleed at 9dpo...damn witch hit me early!

xx

Thanks sarah that does sound like just what i need! Im still holding out some hope for this month coz u never know but i will look into buying pre seed as soon as af arrives.
I never believed that falling pregnant was so hard, my doctor did tell me it could take up to 18 months on average! It amazes me how i panicked when i took my pill late when taking it religiously for 7 years then as soon as we decide to try for a baby we cant get pregnant!! i bet its even more frustrating for you poor ladies trying for 6 months or more! :cry: on a more positive note im sure it wil b our day soon!

Thanks ladies. I have not been able to retest yet. I called the doc today and she told me to wait a couple days and retest to see if the line is darker - HA! wait a couple of days. I was not able to do anything today because I had to take my Mother in Law to the hospital in preparation for her mastectomy. I am planning on popping over to the 24 hr walgreens when she goes to bed tonight.
Baby Dust to all-

Pressed does sound good, I don't get ewcm neither but I remember getting it when I had to come off the pill before! Sorry to ask but does pressed feel like lube? Only my oh and I struggle to climax when we used lube so if it does then it'll hinder not help us :-/ sorry for the tmi ladies!

Off to the docs tomorrow to try and get some antibiotics, water works don't feel right still and this is how it started last time, the last thing I want ATM is an infection down there! I'm gonna ask about getting some tests done and tell them it's getting me down, if I can just find out if I'm ovulating or not I'll be happier!

Ive got this hollow feeling in my chest, like when you get a huge disappointment and I hate it :growlmad: but I think the fact that I'm not holding out much hope for this cycle I'll cope with the 2ww better!

I think ima about 2dpo (cd23)

Just had another good workout at the gym and feel really good, even though I'm now eating chocolate :blush: hehe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->