What are your Christmas eve/Christmas day routines?

Christmas eve is Christmas films, party food, Christmas games, new pj's after their baths, Christmas stories in bed. Milk and mince pie for santa.
Christmas day is up when the boys wake up, open presents with music on. Bacon sarnies for breakfast. Just let the kids get on with what they want to do. Dinner about 2pm. Then snacks and Christmas TV in the evening, possibly some cheeses too

I'm so excited after reading these posts!

Christmas eve -
Get up, OH is usually at work. I put the bedsheets in the wash and get them washed and dried. I go about doing little jobs, last minute bits like picking up food and drinks. When we get home I like to do a good tidy up with christmas music on, then decorate the Christmas cake. We usually watch a Christmas film at some point. When OH comes home, we have a nice buffet tea, before my mum or Connor's grandma (his dad's mum) pops over for a little bit. When theyve gone, I'd usually get the veg ready for Christmas lunch, but this year we're not having it at home, so we've decided to go for a walk to look at all the decorations, and maybe go to a carol service at church. Then when we get home, it's time for a bath, new pjs on, put the carrot and beer out for Father Christmas, and sprinkle out the reindeer food, watch a muppets Christmas carol with drinks and snacks, then bed for LOs. We wait and watch a film to make sure connor is fully asleep before filling the stockings and putting the presents under the tree, then it's bed for us.

Christmas day - we wake up (OH and I are usually the ones laying awake waiting for connor to wake up, sods law the one day we want him to get up early is the one day he'll have a lay in :haha: when we're up, we all sit in the bedroom and open our stocking presents. We usually sit around for an hour or so looking at our gifts and eating chocolate coins. After that, we all have a breakfast, nothing too exciting, usually Chrisymas tree shaped waffles from asda. Can't be doing with cooking! When we've finished, it's time to open the presents. That takes an hour or 2. We then get dressed and ready. This year we're going to MILs for Christmas dinner. She's going to pick us up at about 11am. I have no idea what happens next! Think it'll be a day of food, presents and wine :wine: Connor goes to his dad's at 3pm and stays until lunch time on Boxing Day.

Christmas eve the kids and i watch Christmasy dvd's all day, my DH usually works until about 7pm so he will bring us a late dinner of Chinese food, after that kids have showers and get into new pj's and we read books with Christmas music in the background, this year think i am going to include reindeer food in their xmas eve bags, so we will go sprinkle that outside, get the cookies, beer and carrots ready for Santa and reindeer, tuck the kids in bed, and DH and i watch a movie in our room until the kids are asleep, then we very quietly bring out the presents and put them under the tree etc (we live in an RV so we have to basically tip toe to not wake the kids lol)

Christmas morning the kids will try get us up before the sun comes up usually around 5! so we tell them to go back to bed for an hour, doesn't always work lol
hubby and i drag ourselves out of bed to squeals of delight from the kids that Santa had come! i make myself a coffee, while kids open stocking stuff.
Then we sit with the kids while they unwrap pressies, i then make breakfast of either bacon eggs and hash browns or cinnamon rolls. after that we go see our lovely neighbors and bring them their pressies, hang with them for a couple of hours, then come home and we play with toys, listen to music and snack on junk for most of the day, then at night we skype with the IL'S, have our yummy turkey dinner while watch Christmas movies, then head to bed :)

We don't really have a routine christmas eve is mainly slent running round doing last minute bits. Cleaning, making sure We have dog food and essentials (I don't like to shop for as long as possible after christmas). In the evening thomas has a bath the He gets his christmas eve box which has pjs, a book, maybe a dvd. Last year a friend gave us reindeer dust so we sprinkled it outside. I will plan more things for this year. A trip to the park if it isn't raining maybe.

Christmas day we do whatever. There is no set schedule.

Christmas Eve - We usually have a lazy day in but it's my grandparents 55th wedding anniversary this year so we're popping to theirs at some point as she's doing a nice spread for everyone to call down as some parts of the family don't get on so can't go for a meal or anything like that. Then we'll be home early, will be running baths for everyone, open the christmas eve box, put new PJ's on, have something small to eat - sandwich and nibbles etc while watching a new christmas dvd from the christmas eve box. Then leave treats out for santa and early night for DS.

Christmas Day - We never leave the house on christmas day and usually would be cooking dinner as we have it just our little family together but DD is due on december 17th so MIL is cooking our dinner and we're eating it at ours. Family will all pop into our house throughout the day to see us.

However, I've no idea if any of this will go to plan this year as it depends on DD's arrival :flower: xx

I don't think we will leave the house this year. I'm almost tempted to do our big dinner on Christmas Eve so we can just laze around and eat leftovers Christmas day :xmas13: but we do like to see everyone on both days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->