what food do i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiby

Reaction score
OK so this year is the first year I will be doing Christmas all on my own. Christmas eve and Christmas day will be just us 3, Boxing day will be me, hubby, Ethan, my mum and my dad. I have no idea what food or how much to buy for 3 days worth of gorging! :wacko:

Can you please give me your suggestions and what you buy?
I was thinking of getting a turkey crown for boxing day - I don't want an entire bird we'll never eat it! We'll need breakfast stuff, dinner, tea, snacks, drinks etc.

So far I have got:

frozen sausagemeat
a christmas pudding

that's it! What else?!!

Yule Log
Mince Pies
Sauce for your pudding - Rum, Brandy, Custard, Cream etc
Chocolates

Can you tell I've got a sweet tooth?! :haha:

Peanuts for snacks!

We done Xmas dinner for the in-laws last year. We got a turkey crown and that done mas dinner and sandwiches on boxing day, we just bought our normal shop and then a few extra party bits for boxing day, i.e. mini pizzas, sausage rolls, stuff for sandwiches etc xx

I tend to think of the meals over the 3 days and make sure i have something for breakfasts, like bacon eggs and bread buns. The for dinner we get turkey, stuffing, yorkshire puddings, roast pots, normal pots, veg. Prawns and salad for starter, xmas pudding, then we always have porkpie, a gammon joint, snacks likes crisps, nuts, dips, cheeses and crackers, pickles etc. sweets, biscuits, choc yule log!!!

so i find it easier to work out meal by meal and make a list that way, Mind you i have OCD issues LOL !!!!!

Well, there's just two of us for Christmas dinner most years - It's really special and it's been that way for quite a few years for us now! Next year, as long as everything works out, we will have 3 next Christmas :)

So, for us, we generally don't have anything particularly special for christmas eve - maybe a takeaway :D

Christmas day, we don't do brekkie (I would most likely be having choccy!! :blush:)

Then Christmas dinner, we order a Christmas Turkey crown made for 7-10 :)haha:) from M&S. I then also cheat and buy pre-prepared veg! haha! Parsnips, potatoes, and will prepare the sweet potato, butternut squash and swede (I know, not traditional, but it's my favourite veg and it's Christmas so why shouldn't I eat my favourite!! We also tend to buy yorkshire puds and sage and onion stuffing too (Aunt bessies :thumbup:). It makes it all a lot easier, not much prep and I know it's pretty much gonna turn out good! Oh yeh, forgot pigs in blankets!

I have a christmas table cloth, Christmas crackers - some Shloer as we don't drink wine and that's Christmas dinner done :D

We will prob buy a pudding this year too, but something chocolatey as I don't like Christmas pud or mince pies.

Then for tea - Turkey Rolls and I usually have coleslaw in mine! Yum yum!
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012