what would you do if....

catty

Reaction score
You found out your next door neighbour had murdered someone!

I have an elderly man living next door to me and another neighbour had made a comment about not getting involved with him. Never thought much about him but another neighbour works with my OH and emailed him to let him know.
Me next door neighbour and another neighbour 5 doors down were having an argument about a parking space. They started arguing and my neighbour got in his car and ran over his head and killed him!
I still wasn't sure what to think but whilst speaking to other people they said this is true just didn't think that I'd wanted to know ?!?!?
I always say Hi to him and gave him an Xmas card etc, just not sure if I should carry on being friendly to what looks like a nice old man or be keeping my distance completely.

He only got a year in prison apparantly as he had a really good solicitor and I think it was classed as something else rather than murder like 'dangerous driving'
I better not have any loud parties!!!

I would remain friendly... A neighbor of my mom's was in a similar situation... Not entirely in cold blood... But def. Preventable. When we got out of prison (only a few months) we continued to be just as friendly as before. Its not like he was a pedophile or rapist or a serial killer. Sometimes bad things happen tempers are lost and good judgement isn't being used... But that's just my opinion.

Aside from moving, I don't really see what you can do? Id just continue to be civil, Id also take what's said to you with a pinch of salt unless you can find out 100% that it's true.

That's the thing I did a Google and there is absolutely no information. The way I see it is he's not a paedophile which is my only real worry and I'd like to think if anything did ever happen I could take an 86 year old man. I was shocked though he seems nice to me.

Was it a long time it was meant to have happened? You'd think google would throw something up but if it was a while ago, perhaps not.

Id lrobs take it with a pinch of salt. Storys always get worse when there past around

Oh awkward. I'd probably take it with a pinch of salt, be aware but continue to be civil x

How did he run over the guys head?
I'd wouldn't treat someone differently based on hearsay, I'd go by my experience with them. I would be looking to find out more information though because I'd be totally curious

Eleanor it's driving me mad I'm so nosy and there is nothing at all on google.
I'm just going to react just the same way as I always have to him. He looks fairly Ill and has a carer that comes in. Il still take his bin out and day hi, I'm still really wanting to know details though!

It really does seem that it has arms and legs because someone told us that the other man jumped on his bonnet and he continued to drive and killed the man. The other neighbour said he drove at him, knocked him over and ran over the top of him. Either way I have a feeling the didn't see firsthand

I'd definitely just keep on treating him the way you always have. You'll never know the full story because you weren't there so there's no way to judge the situation fairly. If he's not being nasty or a nuisance then I would take him on face value.

Like you, I would be very curious about what happened though!!

I'd continue to treat him the same. As you say, the story has various versions from various people so who knows the whole truth :)

If you have only heard rumours I would ignore it, if something happened I'm sure he was punished accordingly (I very much doubt even in the UK he would only get a year sentence for that, something has been exaggerated) if you wanted to find out more you could go to your library and look at newspapers, but so far it's just hear say.

Surely information on it would be available on Google? How long ago did it supposedly happen? x

I would continue to say a polite hello, even if the story is true (or parts of it) I wouldn't suddenly go ignoring him - it would be different if you were close but a hello and a Christmas card isn't going to harm anyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->