What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

everyone seems to care if baby was a accident or not i don;t see why it matters

i wonder what they would say if someone said "yes it was a accident the condom broke" ... makes me want to try it to see what they say :rofl:

LOL That'd be funny. They asked didn't they?!? :winkwink:

at my first postnatal visit, the doc asked my husband "are you sure you are the baby's dad?!, where'd all that black hair come from" (referring to our daughter)....me and my husband both had black hair when we were born, thank you! and also....rude!

at a prenatal visit i asked a question about intercourse and the nurse replied "you are still having sex!? you are a trooper!" awkward.

I bumped into an old friend when I was about 13 weeks with lo. I thought I would just say as I don't see him that often and I hadn't long announced. Bare in mind I was also at work. I told him that me and oh were expecting and he asked if we were keeping it?
I went... Yes....
The girls at work looked so shocked!

the strangest way someone asked was

"was it a oopsie" .... a oopsie? am i 5 years old? :dohh:

I haven't had any weird questions yet, really. I can't believe how many people have had the gall to ask if the baby was planned. Mind your own business!

I have had people really bothering me about names too. DH and I don't want to discuss names with other people (too many horror stories of people being dicks), so I've always said we haven't talked about it much, but we've eliminated a lot of names! One woman was really pushy about it a few days ago. She said, "Come on, you spent all that time planning about your wedding, looking at dresses, there's no way you didn't start talking about it the second you found out!" I looked at her like she was insane (I spent about 10 minutes total looking at dresses, because I found the one I loved years ago when helping my sister look. It was the first I tried on, loved it on me, and I tried on like two more to appease my mother - and I hated every stage of wedding planning.). I have no idea how she got the impression that I was one of the women who enjoys that stuff! Granted we have discussed names a little, but that's little 2 min conversations when it comes up, no lists or anything yet!

I keep getting asked "are you excited?" It probably doesn't sound that weird but the more I get asked the more I want to say "no, I can't believe I got myself into this situation, I'm not even sure my husband is the Dad " or something random just to see their reactions!

My boss asked if the baby was planned even though I've needed time off for gynae investigations twice in the last 18 months. I think he was just surprised and had run out of things to say.

My boss asked if it was an accident. :dohh:

Rude!!

I was asked that a few times by friends..seriously? Not only that, but they looked shocked when I said we did it on purpose. :wacko:

I have been asked several times by coworkers if we were happy about the pregnancy. I thought it was weird given I'm 35, married 8 years and only have 1 child. When i said yes we were very happy, most of them looked relieved.

I have also had several people look/act disappointed that we were having another boy. We get the "ooh thats too bad" look and even got a "sorry" when we tell them. We were honestly quite happy to have another boy; we've already got all the clothes, and had a name picked out. They act like we're lying or something? :shrug:

Not really that weird, but annoying...

People (especially at work) keep probing me for the exact date I expect to be out. I'm an overly-honest person, so this opens up the door to all kinds of TMI...

Whereas I COULD just say, "I have no idea. It could be next week, it could be late next month," I feel the need to tell them what I know...

"Welllllll..... I'm actually 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced so it could be as early as this weekend. BUT first-time moms have been known to stay in this state of mild contractions for weeks. Truth be told, I haven't been feeling anything... my family jokes that I'm just going to dilate completely with no idea and the baby will walk right out... Want to know about my mucus plug?"

That'll teach 'em to ask..

Coworker : So do you have any pics of your baby?
Me : Yes I have my sonogram pics. Do you want to see them?
Coworker : Not all of them.. I just want to see his winky.

Granted she didn't get to see a damn thing. Then she came back later saying that my boobs look awesome

Wow...that's ODD...:shrug:

All of my family and my husbands mum, aunt and uncle know... But who asked if it was planned and if we were happy about it? The out of hours dr at the hospital and my regular doctor :wacko: Why do you need/want to know!?

Doctor's office yesterday....
Me: the last couple of days walking my daughter to school I have had a few concerns...(add medical worries here)

Doctor: is this your second pregnancy? Was it planned?

Me: yes and yes

Details entered.

Doctor: I can send you for an early scan.
(arranges appt) how does 08:30 sound?

Me: a little early I have a school run to do at 08:50 then I have to take a bus to get to the hospital.

Doctor: how about 09:00 then?

Me: urm....ok that will be fine.

I then Call grandma and say I have an early work appointment (she doesn't know yet) and asked if my daughter could sleep over etc lol

Not a question but last time I was pregnant I bought the really sweet blanket with cow print on one side.
My delightfull oh said you can wrap it round you when you ate breastfeeding you will look like a cow!!!!!!?!
It was obviously meant to be a joke lucky for him my hormones werr under controll at the time or the blanket may have been rolled up tight and inserted.

Medical professionals have a duty of care for you so if it was an unhappy surprise they can offer you additional support. Don't be offended when you go for your booking appointment and they ask if you are at risk if domestic violence , it's their job to protect you and the baby. Sadly they ask everyone so they can get through to the people who really need help.

Medical professionals have a duty of care for you so if it was an unhappy surprise they can offer you additional support. Don't be offended when you go for your booking appointment and they ask if you are at risk if domestic violence , it's their job to protect you and the baby. Sadly they ask everyone so they can get through to the people who really need help.

Yeah, my doc and midwife asked that.. I understood that! And what you said about the rest makes sense!

My boss asked if it was an accident. :dohh:

Rude!!

I was asked that a few times by friends..seriously? Not only that, but they looked shocked when I said we did it on purpose. :wacko:

I have been asked several times by coworkers if we were happy about the pregnancy. I thought it was weird given I'm 35, married 8 years and only have 1 child. When i said yes we were very happy, most of them looked relieved.

I have also had several people look/act disappointed that we were having another boy. We get the "ooh thats too bad" look and even got a "sorry" when we tell them. We were honestly quite happy to have another boy; we've already got all the clothes, and had a name picked out. They act like we're lying or something? :shrug:

I get that all the time as we are having our second daughter! The next person to say I will have to go again and try for a boy gets a smack in the face! We wanted a sibling for our daughter and I'm thrilled she's getting a sister!

Badmamjama lol at mucus plug, hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->