What's your perfect set up?

Living close to my Mum and his parents (which we currently do). In a 4 bedroom victorian/edwardian house (im very specific about my houses) with a lovely big garden. Ideally I'd like to have an annexe for my Mum as I hate that she is on her own. Want to work part time 3 days a week as a teacher.

At the moment we have just bought a 2 bedroom house without a garden, near my Mum and his parents. I should be able to go part time in my job as long as they will accept it, there are other part time teachers at present (just have to show them that I am worth it this year)!!

Don't want to change my area as we are close to good schools and amenities and I've lived here all my life and am not a fan of change!!

I don't mind having the baby in a house without a garden, but by the time it's 2 I'd like it to have a garden to run around in.

right where we live but preferably in a bought house in this area but hey we have got links to work , one of the good schools, amazing view of fields and other villages. it looks like we will be renting for ever haha one downfall is its a tiered garden , but we live near a national park so not too bad

A house out in the country with room for horses and room for our parents to stay when they come visit and a reasonable drive to work.

Right now I want to work full time, but honestly that may change later and it will depend on what job I find as I am currently in school.

My husband an I live on a sailboat and will be raising our first child on board. The boat needs some minor changes (v-birth will be babies room, needs some shelves and netting/screen around the bunk) but aside from that I wouldn't change a thing. We're in a lovely marina with awesome neighbors, in a really nice part of town.

The job I'm trying to get I wouldn't be able to go back to if/when I have a child (working away) but luckily my husband has a good enough job that money wouldn't be a worry. However, he works away himself so in a perfect world he'll be working in town and able to come home every night. We're actively looking but it doesn't pay the same as working away.

Ideally, I'd like to be in our own house (we're renting one now), and maybe a single level while LO is very young (our house is very old with steep stairs). And perhaps somewhere a bit closer to family. But I do like the area we are in. The neighborhood is charming, and we are walking distance of a city, so there are lots of fun things to do here.

I live in my ideal area. It's in London but in a nice family centred area with a huge park and lots of schools and play groups.

In an ideal world I'd have a 4 bed detached house but I could never afford that. I don't want a garden as I don't want to look after one and the huge park is fine by me. I have a 3 bed second floor split level flat and I love it. I also have great neighbours so I'm very lucky.

I too live in my ideal area, my daughter is in a great school am 15 mins drive from my mum, my dad lives across the road too.. its lovely place to live... would just like a few more bedrooms :) x

Right now we are living in a city of around 55,000 people and it has some of the worst schools I have ever seen. the elementary schools are great but that's it! our house is big enough, nice back yard, unfortunately we just got crappy neighbors......

Perfect set up would be in the country, small town raised with a section of farm land and lots of open space. have a nice open house and working shop. a large yard with a garden area. I grew up with horses so I am sure I would get some more. Live at home and work from home. I always thought it would be cool to have a destination location on my land like for weddings and reunions. would be a nice work from home idea, maybe a little campsite. still looking for the right spot. :)

My husband and I have been staying with my parents as we look for a house. Not ideal of course, but it's great for saving money and not being tied up in a lease, so we're really flexible on when we can move once we find a house!

Ideally, we will find a house that's a town or two away from my parents. We both work pretty close by, and I'll be looking for a full-time permanent position closer to the area we're looking to live, since there are more jobs in that direction. We're technically looking in cities, but they have neighborhoods that seem very suburban with easy highway access, so we'd like to be in a 2-3 br home in one of the nice, quieter neighborhoods. I don't need a huge yard or anything, but enough space between the homes so that we don't wake up, look out the window, and make eye contact with the neighbor having breakfast next door is a must!

Our ideal:
Move to our favourite country village and buy a house just before having a baby.

Our reality:
Move to hopefully our favourite village or our second preference and rent just before having a baby (as there's basically no rentals in our favourite town). We have the money for a house deposit but I've just found out I'm going to lose my job soon before being in it for a year, so I'm not eligible for a home loan any more. :dohh:

Renting isn't what we wanted, but it's not so bad. We'll be able to rent fairly cheap and hopefully buy a house within 5-10 years. We'll still be in the country, which is the most important thing.

I hope this does not come across as smug but I will have my perfect set up. All I want was a good income from one wage packet and a house suitable for all my family, my youngest boy is wheelchair bound.

My dh is a physiotherapist so one wage packet is enough and building work starts in Nov to make a 4th downstairs bedroom and wet room on our house for my son.

I really cannot ask for any more when I feel we have been so blessed to have those wishes fulfilled.

Just need a baby to fill the baby shaped gap in our lives lol.

Somewhere within walking distance of the town. A better area then where we r now and a quiet street with a grass back garden

I'm very lucky in that we have a lovely house right now - I live in a modern development in a cul de sac and there's a big back garden and plenty of space between the houses. I would like some more space upstairs and down and I'd like the garden to be landscaped as there's a big unfinished section that looks awful and is unsafe for my LO. My DH would also love a garage to store more of his crap!

I hope this does not come across as smug but I will have my perfect set up. All I want was a good income from one wage packet and a house suitable for all my family, my youngest boy is wheelchair bound.

My dh is a physiotherapist so one wage packet is enough and building work starts in Nov to make a 4th downstairs bedroom and wet room on our house for my son.

I really cannot ask for any more when I feel we have been so blessed to have those wishes fulfilled.

Just need a baby to fill the baby shaped gap in our lives lol.

Not smug at all, it's wonderful to hear when things have worked out so well for others :) Very happy for you, you must be so excited to get to watch your dream home being built!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->