Worried after getting positive result...

When i was worried about my levels during my mc i came across a lot of information on HCG levels during pregnacy so i hope the following help you out. Basically untill your levels hit 2000ish not much can been seen by ultra sound. And your levels are rising which is alwaya a good sign. Tyr not to stress to much:thumbup:

Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7,650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml

Week 5 - Gestational Age (Fetal age 3 weeks)
Development
The gestational sac is often the first thing that most transvaginal ultrasounds can detect at about 5 weeks. This is seen before a recognizable embryo can be seen. Within this week, at about week 5 ½ to the beginning of the 6th week, a yolk sac can be seen inside the gestational sac. The yolk sac will be the earliest source of nutrients for the developing fetus.
Hormones
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels can have quite a bit of variance at this point. Anything from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks. Once the levels have reached at least 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen in the uterus using high resolution vaginal ultrasound. If using a transabdominal ultrasound, some type of development should be seen when the hCG level has reached 3600 mIU/ml. Although development may be seen earlier, these levels provide a guide of when something is expected to be seen.

I'm going for another scan today at 5w6d. I'm not really expecting them to see anything today since the last scan was only 2 days ago but it would be nice to finally know where my little bean is. I haven't had anymore pain at this point & am still feeling incredibly pregnant, both seem like good signs. Please keep those fingers & toes crossed. I'll give you all an update as soon as I can. Thank you so much for your support. xoxox

Awww hun all good signs still hoping for you xxxxxxxxxx

Update after the scan as promised:

The technician said she saw what could possibly be the early stages of a gestational sac in my endometrial lining! Yay!!!!!!!... or it could just be a bit of fluid. Hah. I wasn't reallly expecting them to see anything new today, so this is encouraging as they haven't even seen that before. I still don't know how my HCG stands but I wouldn't expect it to have reached 2000 yet (if it is still increasing at a normal rate it should be between 1125 and 1350 today) so am not going to let myself worry about the absense of anything on the scan. I am hoping they will call me tonight with the HCG results and "the plan" (if levels go up enough, it will probably be to continue to monitor HCG and try another scan next week. If levels don't go up enough, well, I'm not going to think about that just yet), but the draw was pretty late in the day so I am bracing myself for a long wait, possibly until tomorrow. Grrr.

I got home today to find my maternity jeans had arrived from La Redoute so I am now wearing them. I look about 4 months pregnant and I am only just 6 weeks tomorrow. Pregnancy bloating has hit my already generously sized tummy pretty badly. These jeans are so comfy (nice soft pouch to go around my tummy instead of a button cutting right through it). Maybe I'll never go back to normal jeans, even when I'm not pregnant... Hmmm. Anyone else out there love their maternity jeans? :)

I just got a call from the doctor with today's blood test results. I had given up on hearing anything today but she called at 9:10pm at the end of her shift before going home for the night. That is one dedicated doctor!

My HCG level went up 70% in the last 48 hours (it's now 1170), which is right on target for the minimum expected rise. So, after the little lag over the weekend (when it only went up 41%) it has gone up the expected amount twice now. That has to be good sign, right? The doctor said they don't really expect anything to show up on a scan until the HCG is at least 1500 so she's going to book me in for a scan with a consultant (as opposed to a technician), probably some time next week, to take a closer look and hopefully finally see where my little bean is hiding.

I have a good feeling now. I think things may turn out alright. :) We're not out of the woods yet (heck, I'm only 6 weeks pregnant! 34 to go if all goes well...) but things are heading in the right direction. :)

Yippee!!! :happydance:

Congratulations Hun, I think you can stop worrying now, it all sounds really positive. I'm really happy for you xxx

Awesome news babes. That is an amazing Dr. I am sure next week that scan will be right on track.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: yey!!!! way to go muddledup!!!! chuffed to bits for you!! hx

Thats wonderful news hun!! im so happy to hear things are going well for u. Keep us updated. This is giving me hope as i went through ectopic too. xxx

YAY!!!! thats great hun!!! :) I hope things continue nicely for you and I agree what a fab dr! :)

xxx

Not much to add here except that I've been booked in for my consultant scan at 8:30 Monday morning. I am still feeling good, fat, and pregnant. Now I just have to hold onto that optimism and try to stay patient until then and hope they will actually see something encouraging on the scan. If the hint of what they saw on the last scan is any indication, then hopefully we will see a proper gestational sac next time. Thank you so much for yor support and encouragement ladies. Let's see if I can make it to Monday without bursting with anxiety. xox

Awww not too long to wait hun just 2 more days and its great you got a morning scan so no waiting around all day :) Still got my fingers crossed but it all sounds very promising so far!!! :) xxx

Wishing you lotsa luck for tomorrow hun. All sounds good by what they have told you. Let us know how you get on xxx

I'm very sad to report that it looks like this pregnancy has failed. The scan today revealed a slightly more defined spot in my uterus that is most likely where the baby implanted (about 2mm diameter), but is not developed enough for them to say with confidence that it definitely is, so they are hanging onto the diagnosis of Pregnancy Of Unknown Location at this time and are still trying to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. The hCG levels came back very sluggish with a rise from 1170 on 3/3 to 1721 today (5 days later). By the most modest calculations for a healthy pregnancy, my hCG level should have been somewhere around 4000 by today. That, combined with the scan which showed barely any change from 5 days ago, indicates the pregnancy has failed. They are just checking my progesterone now to get an idea as to whether or not my body is still supporting the pregnancy (apparently that can give them an idea as to whether or not they still need to watch for an ectopic).

To date, I've had no bleeding and nothing that I could actually call pain or cramping. I still feel somewhat pregnant (sore boobs and bloated) but I never quite got to the nauseous stage this time around and it almost seems like the couple of concrete symptoms I have are receeding. It could just be in my head as I am trying to let go of the notion of this pregnancy resulting in a baby. I dunno. I'm not sure if I ever really let myself get my head around it fully, just in case.

The hardest parts are yet to come... The Miscarriage. The sinking in of what's happened. The cramping and bleeding. The waiting to try again. The anxiety of watching eagerly for a BFP or with dread for AF (which will it be this month???). The gutting disapointment if it's AF. The deep anxiety and worry of whether or not things will be ok this time if it's a BFP. I'm trying not to let myself wonder if it's something wrong with my body that failed to support the pregnancy. I carried a perfectly healthy son 5 years ago, so unless my body has changed a fair bit since then, I guess only time will tell.

I'm just trying to hold onto the "good" news that it's probably not ectopic. The doctor hasn't entirely ruled it out yet, but I think the vague but recurrent dot in my uterus and my lack of pain and bleeding is a positive indication that it wasn't. So, I can be thankful that it didn't get caught in my tube and won't cause any more harm or decrease the chances of a successful pregnancy in the (hopefully) near future.

Is it too soon to think ahead? I think that's the only thing that will get me through the present... My partner is gutted. He was so excited (though tried to stay cautious) but is trying to stay positive and said he definitely wants to keep trying (that's the fun part, right??) as soon as I'm ready. I wish he didn't have to go through this with me. It's hard enough feeling the loss myself but to see him so cut up about it breaks my heart all over.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I wish my story could lend more hope. Guess we'll all just keep trying, eh? Thanks again ladies for all your encouragement and support.

xox

Oh muddled up - I'm so terribly terribly sorry - I think we all were hoping so much that this would be your fairy tale ending :( I don't know what to say but I am sorry and if you need to rant, vent or cry we're all here for you.

Sending a cyber hug to you

hx

Oh babes I am so so sorry to hear this. If u need anything let us know we are all here for you. Big Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->