WTT 30's Club

Thanks Calm! Whereabouts in Spain are you and are you Spanish?

Hiya Magic, I am half Spanish half English, and have lived in both places, but more in Spain :D I live in madrid, but not in the busy area. what about you?

I'm English but live in Bulgaria. I lived in Portugal for 2 years and we went to Madrid once for a weekend trip, and that's where dh proposed to me - outside the Royal Palace! :cloud9: xxx

I'm English but live in Bulgaria. I lived in Portugal for 2 years and we went to Madrid once for a weekend trip, and that's where dh proposed to me - outside the Royal Palace! :cloud9: xxx

uuu Romantic! :blush:

Okay, so we are in are 30's, can mean more risks. So the question is

How many of you are planning to have an Amniocentesis?

In Spain at a certain age it is compulsory, but I can't remember if its after 35 or at 37 or when. A lot of women in their 30's or even before do have it here in Spain.
I will have it for one, always with the advice of my doctor should she think it wise.

omg! how can a test like an amniocentesis be compulsory? what happens if you don't have it?

in the uk it is usually only offered if a blood test has shown that there is a high risk of the baby having downs syndrome or some other chromosomal problem. i can't say for sure, but i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have one - wouldn't want to risk losing a healthy little bubba - but i completely understand why some people opt for it. can't believe it's actually compulsory though - in the uk you don't have to have ANY test (inc. scans, blood tests etc.) if you don't want to.

Okay, so we are in are 30's, can mean more risks. So the question is

How many of you are planning to have an Amniocentesis?

In Spain at a certain age it is compulsory, but I can't remember if its after 35 or at 37 or when. A lot of women in their 30's or even before do have it here in Spain.
I will have it for one, always with the advice of my doctor should she think it wise.

I had a special test where they take blood and do a ultrasound and match up the results and are able to give you the odds of certain anomolies happening. If your odds are lower than your age average then they don't recommend going for the amnio but if it comes back higher then they recommend further testing.

We came back lower so we didn't bother. When I get preganant again I will do the same thing. There are some risks with the amnio so unless it seems necessary I wouldn't bother.

It's not available where I live - I'd have to travel 3 hours to get it done. I didn't have it or my last pg when I was 35. I'm not sure if i'd have it for the next one - 0bviously the risk will be higher.

They say the risks are like 0.5 out of a 100.

As for it being compulsory, maybe I am wrong, maybe its just highly recommended. From what I was reading, to have it on the Spanish National Health you have to be over 38. I will ask my aunty who has just had a LO at 40 as she had it.

I must add that it is very common in Spain, or at least, everyone I talk to seems to have had this test.

When I told my DH last night that it was only offered to women over 38, he said that I shouldn't have it then, as he hates any sort of private system. I suppose come the time it will be a case of putting myself in the hands of my doctor. Thanks for all the opinions

with first pregnancy blood tests ok, but they found some white spots in babies heart at 19 week unltrasound which can be a sign of downs, didnt have the amnio but spent the next 21 weeks thinking about it every day, and little one was fine. I think i would maybe have it next time depending on blood tests and USS, but not sure! I have had a prev m/c and not sure i would take the risk.

Am I allowed in? I turn dirty 30 in a little over a month. *cries*

Hi Beltane! :hi: I've pulled up a comfy chair for you - it's so good to see you here! :hugs:

Am I allowed in? I turn dirty 30 in a little over a month. *cries*

Of course hun! But you're not allowed to cry about still being 29!! The thirties are much better than the twenties - this is the sophisticated decade ;)

I hope so! My hubby is 3 years younger so I a bit jealous that he still gets to be in his 20's!

Hi all, sorry I've been a bit absent. loving reading all your stories. I'm on my last full cycle before trying now - can't wait!

Beltane - I've got a younger DH too. he only turns 29 this year and loves to rub it in!!!

x

I hope so! My hubby is 3 years younger so I a bit jealous that he still gets to be in his 20's!

I have just turned 33 and my DH is going to turn 26, so that is annoying big time. We have been together since he was 17 and I was 24, and for tops he is far more mature and responsible than me. Not fair :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->