WTT for #1 thread

Hello!

I've been reading BnB for a few months now but haven't posted much yet. Hubby and I just tied the knot last month, but we have been together for 5 years, engaged for 2 of those. We have been through so much together including fighting cancer, dealing with mental health issues, finishing a university degree, changing jobs several times and facing periods of unemployment. All these times of struggle have only made us stronger and brought up closer together. We both feel like we are ready to handle anything together.

We both want to start trying for our first baby in the next one to two years. We caught baby fever after some close friends had babies this spring and then DH's little brother and his partner had a child this summer. Meeting our nephew really sealed the deal for us and we realized a child is something we want in our lives, sooner rather than later.

I am very much ready to get started with TTC but there are still some logistical things we need to figure out. We are financially stable now and in jobs we love but we are still in a small one bedroom apartment, in a neighbourhood that we aren't thrilled about. So, our biggest goal is to move into a bigger place in a neighbourhood we are happy to be in for at least the next few years.

We are in Canada and I will be able to take 1 year of maternity leave with 55% pay if I want it. We have some savings now but we'd also like to save up a bigger nest egg so pregnancy and maternity leave wont be made more stressful with financial difficulties.

I am really happy to have found BnB, I am learning so much here, and I am excited to chat with you all about this new journey.

Hi everyone. My name is Samantha. DH and I have been together 8 years, married for 4 months. I am 27 and DH is 31. I have had baby fever for about the past 3 years, but we have been waiting "to be financially stable". But the wait has been killing me!

Originally we were going to ttc last year, but we decided to work for the house first. Well we got the house and DH decided to propose. So then we decided lets get married first. Now we are just waiting on a couple house renovations to be completed. DH said I can jump him next year for sure! lol.

I'm hoping to find some support during this wait to keep my sanity.

I'm Jenn, and I'm new :)

I've been with my partner for 5 years! I have had baby fever for as long as I can remember ... lol.. which I would say realistically has been for the last 4 years.... Looking back now I am really glad we didn't TTC earlier because I had a whole lot more growing up to do, and also more countries to explore! Together we have been through quite a great deal together, health issues, separation, a degree, job loss, travelling, and relationship struggles. I can honestly say that while I envisioned us falling apart under all the stress and strain of life.. we actually ended up being able to bounce back stronger than ever... and I am so proud of us. The place we have settled in to is so incredibly peaceful and fun. Having kids is something that I have always dreamed of since I was very small, and one of the most important things in the who world to me.

We just recently had the talk about when we would like to start trying for babies and agreed on late fall next year!! I of course would take it on now... but I can understand his dream of buying a house... something that he only decided was a dream of his last year... we have definitely come a long way from the naïve 20 somethings!!

I had a few health issues quite a few years ago that I was scared could potentially make it difficult for me to have a family of my own, and that is originally why I started looking for some answers on the internet. ( Not always the best pace I will be honest), but I was really happy to find this site, my experience so far has been very reassuring and really positive. My Dr. has also tried her best reassure me, as I most likely am perfectly fine.. but just the worry sets in sometimes.

I wouldn't normally look for sites that discuss babies, or having babies, because I have never actually been in this place before!! So when I saw that there was a section that was WTT (randomly perusing the internet) I thought, well that's me!! That is finally ME :)

We currently have a fish named Surge, and I am planning to add a little orange kitten in the near future. My current plan is to head to Australia Dec 26th of this year for a month with a few of my girlfriends! Merry Christmas to me! I would get a kitten right now but my partner probably would be very unimpressed about me getting a kitten and then leaving him to take care of a meowing ball of fluff. Plus, I would really like to have as much time as I can with the little fur-ball.

Our plan is to buy a house in Summer 2016, and then most likely renovate it, and of course immediately build a fence and get a Golden Retriever puppy (his dream also). I am hoping that the date that we do TTC doesn't change, but that will all depend on whether we can actually purchase a house by then. Fingers crossed!! We are in a really cute basement suite right now, but it only has one bedroom so it is quite small.

We would also like to try and save a little bit, as my job most likely will not provide maternity leave at this point. I will be able to still get some money though, but 55% is not quite enough without some savings.

Glad to be here, super excited for this next year!!!!

Thanks, IchigoMewMew :flower: I have created a 40 before 30 list which has a lot of goals on it and I want to complete as many of them before we TTC as possible. That is helping somewhat, but I guess I'm not as patient as I thought!! My husband would be happy to start trying late this year, but as we're looking to travel and buy a house, next year is more appropriate.

Have any of you started a little collection of baby things? I'm in two minds about it, I would love to start getting stuff on sale etc but if we took awhile to conceive, the stuff might be painful to have around (plus we don't have a great deal of storage space in our current place). I was thinking of starting a little bank account instead, I could send $10 a pay or something to the account as 'baby savings'....

can you tell I'm an obsessive planner? lol

I too am a planner and am itching to put things in motion even though it will be quite a while before ttc. I love your list idea and the savings account is brilliant!!

Hello folks.

My husband and I have been together for nearly 4 years and married last July.

When we first got together, we both were pretty sure we wanted kids. As the years went on, we decided we weren't really sure, and would decide when we were a little closer to ready. This year we married, still not absolutely sure but still sure we both wanted to spend our lives together. Then when we decided we were ready to buy a house, we decided that we needed to decide for sure, as we'd want to choose a different house depending on the answer to this question.

Sometime around then, one of his cousins (Or an aunt? I never have his family straight, haha) got married, and several of the guests brought their smaller kids. Well, since it was an outdoor wedding in casual outfit, and there was a particularly rambunctious 3 year old, we ended up playing with her and two other children. For about 2 or 3 hours straight. Both of us (and his sister, who joined in on the fun) had a blast. After that, it was basically a no-brainer. We were both sure we'd want something like that to be a part of our life.

After much discussion, analysis of our budget, and some discussion with family about our childcare options, we decided to start trying after we move into our house. That's set to happen at the end of May, so we'll be trying in June.

In the meantime, as so many of my Facebook friends have been posting baby-this-baby-that, I've caught the baby fever bug. Here's hoping being here helps?

Hi we are WTT for our first and you guys can visit my journal, it's linked in my signature :D

We are going to be TTC around July 2016 but most probably January 2017. (Maybe NTNP in July 2016).

I don't think we'll be necessarily TTC in the way where I'll track my temperature, use OPK's and stuff like that, just mostly NTNP and trying to BD during my most fertile days.

For us I feel we really believe that everything happens for a reason, so we feel that when God will want to add a "mini us" in our life, it will happen in his time :)

We are WTT as OH has to finish 2 last month of apprentice Mechanic course and then take a special test to become a fully licensed general mechanic and we also are thinking of owning our own auto repair shop! We will see how everything goes in God's will <3

Hello! I have been reading here for a while but haven't been posting much.

I am waiting to try for #1 in July, just after my OH and I get married! I have developed serious baby fever, all I think about is babies, and I can't focus on anything else. I so wish that we could just not worry about getting married first but I know our families wouldn't much like that and also I have a dress I need to fit into!

On Friday I have an appointment to get my IUD removed and start getting my cycles back to normal so hopefully everything will be good to go in about 7 months but I have honestly been feeling pretty anxious about that.

I could use any support and advice you guys have on how to survive the wait when baby fever strikes so badly. It actually feels like a physical pain that I have never experienced before and I just want to cry that it isn't something I can have right now. Occasionally I half joke with my OH that we could just start trying about two months before the wedding and nobody would know but he is pretty against that idea and realistically I probably am too if I'm being rational. It's not that we are very traditional, we live together and own a house together long before getting married but we really fear judgement. However, part of me know that it is unlikely it would happen in the first or even second cycle so why not just get a head start?

Please help, I'm going crazy with baby fever!

(Have I posted in this thread yet? Don't know lol!)

My name is Beth. I'm 23 years old, 24 in May. Although I'm not ready, I have wanted to be a mum for as long as I can remember. I joined this forum to keep my broodiness at bay. So far it's worked, though my mum thinks it's weird as I've never had kids or ever been pregnant. I have dyspraxia, among other learning/additional needs. For the past 5 years or so, I've been searching for a suitable boyfriend who will accept my needs (I need a lot of care and consideration) and who will be a fun person to be with. And I think I may have found that person. We've been dating since August last year, and since then, I've experienced very little broodiness. He's an awesome guy, though we have our little miscommunications and disagreements, I feel like I could be with him for a long while. Whether he'll be my baby daddy, obviously I can't say, but I am almost certain that I'll finally lose my big V to him.:thumbup:

Hello everyone, I'm new!

As of about 10 days ago I'm officially waiting to try! My fiancé and I have both wanted children for a while, but to be honest haven't really felt grown up enough to be responsible for a tiny person! But about a year after buying a house together he proposed, and we're getting married later this month, so a serious conversation was had and it was decided we'd start trying to get pregnant in about 6 months.

Until then we will settle into married life (which I'm not expecting to be much different to current life!), repair our bank accounts following the wedding, and start saving up and clearing out some of our stuff to make way for an arrival hopefully late next year, all being well.

I also have bridesmaid duties in September, so 6 months of saving up will take us just past that - which I'm sure the bride will appreciate!

So right now we have a plan in place, and it will be perfect if it all works out that way, but we'll see. Glad I've found this place to talk to people going through the same things, whatever my situation turns out to be :hi:

Hello everyone, I'm new!

As of about 10 days ago I'm officially waiting to try! My fiancé and I have both wanted children for a while, but to be honest haven't really felt grown up enough to be responsible for a tiny person! But about a year after buying a house together he proposed, and we're getting married later this month, so a serious conversation was had and it was decided we'd start trying to get pregnant in about 6 months.

Until then we will settle into married life (which I'm not expecting to be much different to current life!), repair our bank accounts following the wedding, and start saving up and clearing out some of our stuff to make way for an arrival hopefully late next year, all being well.

I also have bridesmaid duties in September, so 6 months of saving up will take us just past that - which I'm sure the bride will appreciate!

So right now we have a plan in place, and it will be perfect if it all works out that way, but we'll see. Glad I've found this place to talk to people going through the same things, whatever my situation turns out to be :hi:

I am kind of in the same boat as you, but getting married next month (OMG next month already?!), and I have Matron Of Honor duties in April of next year, but I'm not going to let that bother me trying. I might be full blown pregnant, I might have a newborn, I might be still trying (hope not), but who knows. She is excited to be an auntie, so I'm sure it will be dandy for her. The only thing it would really effect is that I wouldn't be able to drink during the awesome bachelorette party I'm throwing her, but even if I'm pregnant I will totally get down with my bad self on the dance floor haha!!:happydance:

I am so glad I found this thread! My husband and I are both 30 and have been married for 4 1/2 years! From the moment we got married I was ready to be a mom. My husband, however was not on the same page. He wanted to wait. So I waited. And waited, and waited and waited... We've been in a few fights about this too (which I know is not good) He has always wanted to wait until we were financially stable. It has been difficult for me to wait because most of my friends have already started their families and are on baby #2 or 3! Recently the baby fever has hit me VERY hard! So hard that I am unable to even get on Facebook because of all the pregnancy announcements. It makes me so sad to see them :( I feel jealous of them because I want to be where they are. And being 30 I feel like my clock is ticking. Well we had a very long conversation about 2 weeks ago about the "baby" topic. We had originally said that we were going to wait until the end of this year to start trying, but after our long conversation we have both decided to start trying in July! I am so excited and very nervous. So send some prayers and good vibes my way :)

Hello! I have been reading here for a while but haven't been posting much.

I am waiting to try for #1 in July, just after my OH and I get married! I have developed serious baby fever, all I think about is babies, and I can't focus on anything else. I so wish that we could just not worry about getting married first but I know our families wouldn't much like that and also I have a dress I need to fit into!

On Friday I have an appointment to get my IUD removed and start getting my cycles back to normal so hopefully everything will be good to go in about 7 months but I have honestly been feeling pretty anxious about that.

I could use any support and advice you guys have on how to survive the wait when baby fever strikes so badly. It actually feels like a physical pain that I have never experienced before and I just want to cry that it isn't something I can have right now. Occasionally I half joke with my OH that we could just start trying about two months before the wedding and nobody would know but he is pretty against that idea and realistically I probably am too if I'm being rational. It's not that we are very traditional, we live together and own a house together long before getting married but we really fear judgement. However, part of me know that it is unlikely it would happen in the first or even second cycle so why not just get a head start?

Please help, I'm going crazy with baby fever!

MissYogi I am right there with you. Baby fever is no joke!

My wedding is in August this year. OH and I have been engaged since March of last year....and have been in our house for about a year now. I have the same conversation and feelings as you, 2 months pregnant at the wedding is no big deal! :blush:
If it wasn't for OH wanting to wait....I would totally TTC. I think it'd be beautiful to be pregnant at the alter! ...maybe not so easy on the honeymoon though. Ah well.

My struggle is all with the OH...he wants finances to be better. He says to pay off my car and his student loans...that would take until 2018 or something. I don't like it, I think our finances are okay and when are they ever going to be "perfect" anyways? Idk I've been waiting for...what feels like...an eternity. I can wait until after the wedding, but past that....I may not be able to cope. :nope:

Neither DH nor I are the type that knew we were meant to be parents. We've been married 5 years and have off and on had the discussion about kids or no kids.

About 6 months ago, something clicked in both of us, where we finally were sure that we wanted to bring a child into the world. We're both 29, financially stable, and the pieces of the puzzle just clicked.

For now, we are WTT due to travelling and Zika concerns but as soon as we're clear of the waiting period, it's time to try. It's exciting and scary! I hope I'm not the only one who is a little scared!

Hi gals I'm Sam :)

I'm 20 (almost 21) just finished my culinary arts program. WTT till my fiance and I get married and waiting till he finishes school for mechanics. Fiance is almost 24. I just landed my dream job of running a kitchen with one other chef. So I am excited. I have an almost 1 year old god son who is a huge part of my world. I love to watch him and he kind of puts out the baby fever when I am with him. When I'm not with my godson though my baby fever is insane. My fiance has to keep me out of the baby sections at stores. Especially sears because I will stand there looking at the crib displays and toys and everything. Wishing for a baby, and it makes my baby fever go crazy. Although we may just wait till we are married hard to say because I have a really good job and my fiance has a good job even well being in school. But I only wonder about that because he and I have been talking about babies and names well cuddling. We've decided on a full name for a boy. Trying to figure out an A middle name for a girl xD but I am hoping to TTC for #1 as soon as possible. I am super excited to have this website for all of the support and help. Cause I am positive I will be one of those mom's with a lot of questions.

MissYogi I am right there with you. Baby fever is no joke!

My wedding is in August this year. OH and I have been engaged since March of last year....and have been in our house for about a year now. I have the same conversation and feelings as you, 2 months pregnant at the wedding is no big deal! :blush:
If it wasn't for OH wanting to wait....I would totally TTC. I think it'd be beautiful to be pregnant at the alter! ...maybe not so easy on the honeymoon though. Ah well.

My struggle is all with the OH...he wants finances to be better. He says to pay off my car and his student loans...that would take until 2018 or something. I don't like it, I think our finances are okay and when are they ever going to be "perfect" anyways? Idk I've been waiting for...what feels like...an eternity. I can wait until after the wedding, but past that....I may not be able to cope. :nope:

It is so tough to wait! I have been tracking my cycles to try to get a sense of when I am fertile and right now I'm two cycles away from trying, but am on CD 14 and getting a lot of O symptoms. I find right around now is the hardest time to wait because I know that in a few days our chances for this cycle are gone. Even though we want to wait for two cycles (by that I mean OH wants to wait... Grrr) it is still just so hard to watch a cycle come and go and pass up the chance.

But it will be here before we know it an when we make it to our date we will both be proud of ourselves for having waited until the right time!

Hello! Happy to have found this forum! I'm Stephanie and hubby is Kevin. We live on the west coast of Canada. I have no children of my own but hubby has a daughter from a previous relationship and she's with us part-time. I'm a teacher, so we're WTT until the fall in hopes that, should we be lucky and get pregnant somewhat quickly, I won't have to leave my class mid-year. Really happy to be here! :thumbup:

@MissYogi
I am also two cycles away from trying! I can't wait! Waiting is so difficult, major baby fever going on! My best friend is 17 weeks and that does not help!! Haha it'll be here before we know it :)

Hi stepha and AllysonHope! It will totally come before you know it, and then hopefully we will all have bumps (or babies!) by this time next year! It's now officially my last cycle waiting and I'm so excited! Trying to think happy positive baby thoughts and get myself super healthy before July!

Hi everyone!

I'm Bee, a 24 year old housewife. My hobbies include crocheting, Pinteresting, cooking, and my 2 kitties. I've been married for 3 years, and we've been together for 7. We moved to Florida for my husband's job a few years ago and bought a house. We have been thinking about moving though, ideally, we'd like to live in Colorado. Florida is just too damn hot.

I joined B&B to help with my crazy broodiness. It seems like everyone and their mother's are having babies nowadays.

I'm excited to be a part of the WTT #1 group! Hubs and I are planning to wait until sometime next year (2017).

Hi everyone. DH and I are currently WTT for #1 so I thought I'd post a bit about myself on this board. DH and I have been together for nearly 2.5 years and we got married in June 2016. We live in Ontario and have a cute little kitten.

We're WTT until November for a few reasons: my doctor said I should be on prenatals for three months before TTC, and have a few regular cycles after coming off BC. We also wanted to enjoy newlywed-hood a few months before TTC. I have IBS and some anxiety related to that so I'm hoping neither of those things get too out of hand during pregnancy. I'm a big planner and list maker so I'm trying to learn all I can about conception and pregnancy before we go ahead and TTC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->