WTT for #1 thread

Haha, no one knows exept that one coworker because I was the only one she told about TTC back then (she is 8 months pregnant now) and I thought it was nice to have one girlfriend to share those stressful and exciting times with :) I don't want anyone "important" to know since I've planned how to announce my first pregnancy forever and want it to really be a surprise!

Well the beans were spilled to the mother in law and father in law. Only because they were badgering us about moving so far away (we're buying a house closer to DH's job) and it was necessary to shut them up lol.

Hi all, I'm new :) I'm 28 and been with my husband for almost 5 years (married for 1 1/2 years). I began studying midwifery when I was 21 (not pursuing that as a career anymore) but ever since then I have been soooooooo broody. I miss holding newborn babies. To make matters worse my older sister just had a baby who is gorgeous and I am soo happy for her but jealous at the same time! It just seems we are always having to put it off for some reason or another but I am determined that I will have my first by the time I'm 30! DH FINAALLLYY agreed we can start TTC in January 2015..... I am counting down the days!

Oh and about telling people, several people know I have been clucky for ages but I don't think I'm going to tell anyone when we are TTC, I won't tell anyone til I'm pregnant, I don't need that pressure, esp. from the MIL who is desperate for grandchildren! Lol

I am MrsPuff. I have had the baby fever for over a year now! I never wanted children until I was actually pregnant, but I miscarried. I've been stalking this forum for months now, but finally decided to make a profile.
I have a bird (cockatiel) named Ares aka bicken chicken.
I have been with my DH off and on for 4 years. We got married last summer.
I live in NC with my hubby and can't wait to TTC #1!!

I am so excited to have a potential TTC date in a few months! I have been an emotional wreck but I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. :happydance:

AS OF LAST POST
I posted for the first time back in March. At the time I was planning my wedding and had an upcoming yearly appt. At the appt I asked about getting off my BCP that I have taken for over 10yrs to treat my PCOS. She had said I could start trying right away after getting off the BCP and that it wouldn't be harmful. We wanted to wait atleast until after our July wedding and to time it around buying our first home.

THE PAST FEW MONTHS
We are now married :wedding: !! Yay! After being married about a month I started becoming broody. To an insane degree :wacko: I mean insane! All of my friends seemed to be trying to get pregnant. Even those who were not in stable environments or relationships. And I convinced myself my future child was not going to have any friends and that I was going to be the last woman on Earth to go through pregnancy. I cried everyday at the ache of my empty womb, my hormones got all out of whack, and my husband was getting really sick of it. A couple weeks ago I quit my job because I didn't morally agree with a lot of what was going on.. :nope: And since then my husband has realized we could do just fine financially with a baby and with me as a SAHM :thumbup: The past month I was having a really hard time. I was very depressed and not myself because I was consumed with the ache for my baby. I also was struggling with the emotions of my BFF getting pregnant totally unplanned with her new bf, while I'm over here aching texting her daily about how desperately broody I am. As happy and excited I am for her and how much I do love her it was still really hard not to harbor resentment and jealousy at the unexpected news.

SUNDAY OCT 26TH
My husband came home around 6pm after spending some time with his buddies (time he really needs to stay a good husband with his high stress job). I had been in bed crying all day. :cry: I had a dream that I had finally had a :bfp: and that I balled my eyes out because I was so happy. And then... I woke up. And reality hit. I wasn't pregnant, not even close, my husband was still at the point where TTC wasn't likely to happen for at least six more months. And I couldn't handle the pain. He held me as I cried for at least another half hour as I bared my soul to him between sobs. I was just beginning to accept the fact that I was going to be a pathetic waste of space for at least another half a year. And that's when he said it "Well I was thinking..." I look up at him in shock because he had always been strongly non-committal about the subject "I was thinking we could start trying in January or February." He pauses as I hang on to his every word. "We had talked about having a baby in the fall before. And you said you wanted to go off your birth control for 3 months before we try. So if we started in January or February we could have a baby next October." I am in total shock at this point. After further discussion we decide that this will be the last cycle I take my BCP. I grab my pills and discover I am on my third week, that means only 7 more days of pills :happydance:

NOW
I only had 3 pills left. I will not be taking the last week of sugar pills. The next 3 cyles we will not be trying. I am hoping my cycle will not become irregular but I have no idea. It has been over 10 years and with my PCOS I have no idea if I will ovulate or have AF at all. I am very nervous for the pain I remember from before. But I feel like I can finally hold my head high :cloud9: knowing that I can focus on getting my body prepped for baby :bodyb:

BTW I apologize in advance for this being so long! I guess I'm one of those story teller types who can't miss a detail lol!

Hi all :flower:

I'm new here!

My name is Alysabeth and I'm 24 (just! Almost 25 now), I've been with my boyfriend almost 5 years now and we've recently moved in together (we did live together previously but have just survived a year going long distsnce due to studying).

I'm currently nagging for a puppy, I'd love to be nagging for a baby instead but know that he is nowhere near ready for that yet, but I'm working on it :winkwink:

Hi! :hi:. Been on this forum a while as we were TTC for a short while in 2010 unsuccessfully and then again in 2012 for a year unsuccessfully. We decided to take a break to plan our wedding for next April when we will begin TTC again and hopefully we will have more joy this time! We are both 26 :)

Hi! :hi:. Been on this forum a while as we were TTC for a short while in 2010 unsuccessfully and then again in 2012 for a year unsuccessfully. We decided to take a break to plan our wedding for next April when we will begin TTC again and hopefully we will have more joy this time! We are both 26 :)

Congrats on the wedding planning! I just got married three months ago and I remember all the joys and pains of wedding planning. Maybe you'll have a honeymoon baby! :)

Hi all :flower:

I'm new here!

My name is Alysabeth and I'm 24 (just! Almost 25 now), I've been with my boyfriend almost 5 years now and we've recently moved in together (we did live together previously but have just survived a year going long distsnce due to studying).

I'm currently nagging for a puppy, I'd love to be nagging for a baby instead but know that he is nowhere near ready for that yet, but I'm working on it :winkwink:

Welcome Alysabeth! BTW I love how you spell your name! I too would love a puppy. Of course we want babies more but I think it would be really cute for you to see how your bf interacts with a baby doggy. Good luck warming him up to a baby! :winkwink:

I'm 22 next month, partner is 24. We have been together five years and lived together for two.

We live near Oxford in England. With our labrador, cat, horse and fish!

Partner works for car manufacturer, I gradated uni last summer and currently working as a private carer but looking for something better paid.

Next year holds big plans as we plan to move house, get engaged !? And depending on me finding a new job hopefully adding ttc to the equation.

I have a crazy mad desire to be a mum at a younger age and hope and pray we can make it happen next year, but we've got to cover the financial avenues first :thumbup:

Hello! I'v not posted in this thread yet so i thought i'd introduce myself :)
I'm baked bean, I'm 23, my OH is 23 aswell. We've been together for 3 years and (nearly) 8 months, living together for 2.8 years I'm currently in my 2nd year of my speech and language therapy degree (it's 3.5 years) and my OH is working full time. We rent a lovely 2 bed house which we plan to stay in until i finish my degree and find a job.
We will be TTC in january 2016, so i will have my LO (hopefully) in my last 6 months of university which is all placement based, when im 25.
Some people think i should wait an extra 6 months so im pregnant/have the baby once iv finished uni but that would mean hunting around for my new graduate job when im pregnant/have recently given birth. As it is, i'd have a few months with my LO and get used to a routine before finding a job (hopefully part time). Plus i have fertility issues (endometriosis) so don't want to wait too long incase we encounter problems. It all sounds very complicated but i know we will make it work!
I'm hoping we will be engaged by the times our LO arrives...my OH did ask what my ideal proposal was the other day, so heres hoping lol! ;)

Oh and about telling people, several people know I have been clucky for ages but I don't think I'm going to tell anyone when we are TTC, I won't tell anyone til I'm pregnant, I don't need that pressure, esp. from the MIL who is desperate for grandchildren! Lol
I won't be telling anyone until im pregnant either! Not because of pressure to have children though, more because me and my OH feel it is a very personal and intimate thing and do not want other peoples opinions forced upon us in regards to when/why we should/should not be TTC.
It's nice your MIL is looking forward to you having children :) My mum wants me to hurry up and have children but the rest of my family and my OH's family have voiced their concerns/opinions about us having children right now (which isn't the plan) when we havn't even asked/discussed the matter with them anyway! (The standard finish your degree, wait until your financially ready, children are hard work, plenty of time to have children talks). I do find it very annoying that people should press their unwanted opinions upon us on things that don't concern them! Sorry for the rant haha, im getting carried away :haha:

I thought I'd introduce myself in this thread :)

I'm brand new to my site but have been familiar with you all for several years. My name is Ashley... I'm 31 (holy crap lol), live with my boyfriend of 8 months, and I'm WTT for #1, hopefully mid 2015.

My clock is totally ticking. I've wanted children since my early 20's, but just never felt my situation was one that I was truly ready to try. I've been in a few different long-term relationships and was engaged for 5 years, but something in my gut just told me it wasn't right. With this one i just KNOW. There is no doubt that he's the one. He's 32, and we both really want children. I'm finally starting to feel stable and secure enough to indulge the idea, and its so incredibly exciting :happydance:

I live about an hour outside of Chicago, have a Bachelor's degree in Equine Science (horses lol), and currently work as a vet tech. He's an animal control officer for the county, and I am apprenticing to become a dog groomer as well. In my free time I LOVE repurposing and upscaling antiques, barnwood, driftwood, and thrift store finds. I hope to one day own a rustic crafty-type shop. Its such a fun hobby!

That's my little world in a nutshell :) I look forward to learning more about you ladies!

Ashley

Hi Im new!

My hubby and I got married this past June.
We are both 26.

We have a dog who we love so much. (she is our baby for now)

He and I will try in january 2017 we will both be 28 then.

I paranoid part of me is worried that we wont be able to , but he told me that he is absolutely sure that it is pretty much a guarantee (he is always reassuring <3) So I'm holding out for then. I'm aiming to have as fit a body as possible to carry our little boy/girl.

We always pick names together and are currently in the process of looking at/buying a house.

2 years feels so far away and every now and again I feel crazy because I'm overwhelmingly impatient.

We will be trying on new years! :D and then we will hopefully be pregnant on my birthday! and have a December baby named Holly (maybe a bit too obsessive eh! but one can dream)!

Im glad to be a part of this board and hearing all of your wonderful stories/experiences. Lets hang in their together! :D

I'm new here! I signed up a while back but haven't really posted.

my name is Victoria, I'm 22, my husband is 29, and we've been married since October 2013.

we live in Louisiana (although I dream of living up north) and have two dogs - a redbone and a blue tick.

we want to pay our house off before having kids since we are so close to doing that, like 8 months to a year if everything goes as planned. I recently realized I probably have thyroid problems because they run majorly in my family and I have a few symptoms, I just haven't been to the doctor yet. sometimes baby fever is overwhelming and I don't really have anyone in my life who relates, so I figured it was time to join here! :hi:

I am super new here, just signed up yesterday but really happy that I found a forum where I can talk to other ladies who are WTT but super impatient like me (haha)

I just got married to my husband in October 2014 but we have been together overall for six years. We have two dogs together who are our little babies for now!
I need to find a full time job before we can start TTC and we definitely want a house first as well. The lease on our apartment is not up until November I believe which is super unfortunate but I think husband and I would be ready to start trying for a baby in September 2015 as long as we were close to getting a house. Just need to save up some money. :)

Hi I've just signed up today, we will be TTC baby #1 this summer after I've graduated from university. Got married in 2010, my degree is 4 years long (bleurgh) and theres no option to defer so I've had to stick it out! My best friend had a baby yesterday so I'm getting impatient now. Going to Australia to visit family in May so I dont really want to be pg before we go if we can help it in case I get nasty symptoms. Its a loonnnggg flight and there'll be a lot of travelling between people

Hi, I'm Shae. I'm 19 years old, fiance is 20. We're in college (university). Once we're out of college we want to work a few years so we have a house before we have a baby. I don't want to raise kids in an apartment. So, we'll be TTC in around 7 years. 2022. Not sure how I'll survive, but... I'll have to I guess.

Hi all,
I'm Ez, I'm brand new here and DH and I are WTT, for many reasons all of them good. I am still totally impatient and want to get on with it! Be nice to talk to some others in a similar position. I think we will be WTT for 6 months to a year !

I haven't posted here before and have just joined the forum so thought I'd introduce myself also.

I'm rainbows91, I'm 23 and my OH is also 23. We've been together for 7 1/2 years, engaged for 3 1/2 and living together for 3 years. I'm currently working as a supply teacher and my OH works in a nursery. We have been renting a lovely 2 bed house for the last year and got a cat who we adore! We are hoping to TTC early 2016, as we want to improve our financial situation before bringing a baby into our lives. I am however, hoping the situation will improve enough that my OH will agree to TTC end of 2015 instead as I don't want to have a November/December baby (although that wouldn't be guaranteed).

We both want the same thing and have recently had our first in depth discussion regarding it. We both feel ready now and would happily start TTC but we're not sure it's the best thing regarding our financial situation :nope:

Nice to get to know you all and looking forward to being a part of the forum over the next few years maybe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->