1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

I haven't. I was trying to hold off to see if I had cleared it myself but I'm developing quite a headache and my boob just seems to be getting more and more sore so I'm thinking I really need them. Kirk is on his way to the pharmacy now, thank goodness!!

Sam - It's the Folgard 2.2 and he wants me to take it twice a day. He said he spoke to one of the top RPL doctors at a conference he was at over the weekend and they discussed my situation and the other doctor recommended the Folgard. Hopefully it will work. Apparently my body is not absorbing the regular Folic Acid well. It sounds like the Folgard has other vitamin B's etc in it too. The CL was crazy when she was looking at that side you could see flashing color on the screen (blood I guess) but it was spotty. She said that whole area should be full of color which indicates activity. Mine was definitely not. The other ovary had nothing, which is shouldn't since there was no CL there. Very interesting to see. I have had a lot of scans and no one has ever mentioned it, but this is the first time that a doctor actually did my scan so maybe she was checking things out a bit more. I have learned so much through this process. How was your weekend with the family? Did you get any more baby stuff?

Lindsay - can you keep Oakley up more during the day so he will sleep more at night? I am not sure how that works. At this point you are probably just looking forward to sleep whenever it is!!! Oh no about the mastitis - that sounds very painful. What do you have to do to release the clog? Can you squeeze it like a pimple? Sorry that sounds gross but I wasn't sure. I hope you feel better soon.

Kelsey - Happy 19 weeks!!! I go back for my next scan in 2 weeks. You know I was just looking back at some of my ultrasound pics from my last pregnancy and at 8 weeks I was only measuring like 6+5. :cry: I am definitely happy that this one is measuring right on track!! :thumbup:

Rach - How's it been going on the phones? Hopefully you haven't gotten anything too crazy. How is AF coming along?

Mel - How are you doing?

Jess - Happy 6 weeks! The clinic gave me 5mg Folic acid to take with this pg, more on a 'just in case/can't hurt' basis. I was already on the other B vits that are in your Folgard. I think the extra folic acid made me feel a bit nauseous but then that might just have been coincidence of the time when I was feeling ms anyway.

Rachel - hope your first week out of training went well and people were okay on the phone. Its hard letting rude comments run off you but it will get easier, just remember more often than not its not YOU they are upset with.

I remember once early in my training I was looking after this elderly man who asked his relatives (who where in the room) where the 'little fat nurse' was, meaning me, knowing full well I was in the room with him. His son was mortified, I was a bit upset but that was the first time I really didn't let something like that get to me it wasn't worth it.

I got a lovely crochet shawl from a patient yesterday which was so nice, the nice ones make up for the nasty ones.

Lindsay - hope the antibiotics have kicked in and you are feeling a bit better. Do you swaddle Oakley?

Hi to Mel (will pop to your journal) and Kelsey - what you up to this weekend?

Thanks Sam - are you familiar with the Folgard? I hope it does the trick for me. I was already taking (3) of the 800 mcg Folic Acid tablets so hopefully this Folic Acid does not make me feel nauseous. I hope the fact that I am low does not cause an issue for little bean... neural tube defects etc. Ugh! :nope:

Some people are so mean aren't they. I just don't know why they have to be so rude.

Jess that is the best news ever you have made my day even though I am late reading your post!! 6 weeks crept up really quickly!! Congratulations hun I am sure this is your rainbow baby and measuring ahead too!! :yipee::yipee: So pleased for you. Don't worry about the folic acid or hcg levels this is your perfect rainbow baby :yipee: It helped my to visualise giving birth to think positively but it's hard I know. SO happy for you!! :yipee:

I have been really busy with social stuff :blush: loads of friends have been visiting us and we've been going out loads. Shattered now lol! Girls I am going for another scan today as I have come off the clexane now and im nervous. I know i only had one 10 days ago but I want a good profile pic and we only got a spine pic and i want to see 'him' again. i know i am a crazy lady for having so many scans. We got a good deal, found a cheap place... It's at 3 today.
Lindsay sorry you're having so much sleep deprivation and such sore boobs too :wacko: Glad the swing is working, hope gorgoeous Oakley settles for you soon! Can we see more pics!!? :cloud9:
Jess those notes about girly friendships made me tear up! We are all such great friends now and international ones too!!
Kels my 20 weeks scan is a few days after yours on 31 August! Eeek exciting!!
Rach good luck hun let us know how you get on! How are you feeling now? I know it must be incredibly frustrating for you we are all here for you xxx
Pink have you thought about getting your hospital bag packed anytime soon or is it too soon? xxx

Oh yeah feeling much better now thanks Jess! Just deciding whether to have a strong cup of coffee to get Me-mo moving in the scan! Or should i just stick to sugary drinks?

lucozade does it for me to get him moving!! Can't wait to see more pic and hopefully 'he'll' show his face this time.

Jess I had to look it up with regards folgard. If you take it twice a day then that will be 4.4mg folic acid. I am sure everything will be okay, no neural tubes problems. Don't forget folic acid found in lots of foods too like cereals and greens.

Oh Mel - so excited for your scan today! Don't forget to pop back in for an update. I think you are 7 hours ahead right? or is it 6? I think at 18 weeks you should def be able to take a peak and see if you are having a boy or a girl, although I know you keep say "him" :winkwink: Did you already take a peak earlier?

Thanks Sam - I probably don't eats as much greens etc as I should. I need to get better about that. My doctor kept talking about the MTHFR gene so maybe that is what is causing problems with my homocysteine. I need to do some googling.

AFM - I am home today studying. 13 days until my exam. Ugh!

Mel - I am on the edge of my seat!!!! Where's your update? Pics? Gender :oneofeach:???? Inquiring minds need to know!!!! :loopy:

Hi Ladies!!

I hope you're all doing well!! The mastitis is getting better - the antibiotics started working within 12hrs or so just to relieve some of the pain and within a day and a half or so I was totally fine - thank goodness!! They have me pumping so often though that my milk supply is through the roof! Little Oakley can't keep up! Which is good so I can get some milk in the freezer for when I go back to work, but it's filling up fast lol. Jess - you do kinda pop it like a pimple in a sense - just keep rubbing and rubbing the area while you pump until it comes loose. How are you feeling??

Mel - What was the verdict?? I'll go check your journal!

Great news Lindsay!

Baby memo is fine but the pic was rubbish, the pics on my journal, I'm having slow loading comp probs, memo wouldnt cooperate for a good profile pic but at least he is ok :) how's everyone doing? Xxx

Lindsay - so glad you are feeling better. Wow sounds like you are quite a milk producer! Do you have room to store all of that?

Mel - so glad your exam went well. Did you get a chance to take any peeks between the legs? :winkwink: you keep saying "he". I am dying to know!!! Hope you are getting some rest from your busy schedule!

Sam - How are you doing? I read in your journal that you were feeling a little down :hugs:

Kelsey - Do you have an exam coming up? I can't remember.

Rach - you have been MIA :cry: Miss hearing from you! How was your first official week at work? Hope AF is gone and you are gearing up for O this month. When can you start to use your new health insurance?

AFM - I am feeling Ok. Just feeling really bloated. Also really starting to stress about my exam. I don't know why I am so stressed, I have time still to study but I am a nervous wreck about it. :nope:

Aww Jess try not to stress hun but I can imagine how you feel :hugs: :hugs: Also it's incredibly stressful for us being pregnant until 12 weeks I think. Wish i could magic the exam passed for you :hugs: xxx

We're not finding out the gender but i 'know' it's a boy :haha:

Thanks Mel! Do you or your husband want the gender to be a surprise?

So are any of you girls having trouble sleeping? I have been getting up earlier and earlier it seems overnight to go to the bathroom and can't seem to go back to sleep. :nope: for the last week it's been about 5:00am which it only about an hour earlier than I normally wake up but last night it was at 3:30am. Not sure if it's nerves or what. Should I call a doctor about it?

Jess that is totally normal and a really good sign! I don't know any preggo on here who hasn't had loo / insomnia / change of sleeping patterns in the 1st tri. It goes by the 2nd tri but comes back again in the 3rd tri I believe, totally normal hun!

Both of us want the surprise but the temptation to find out is strong for me lol!

Thinking about you Rach, just realised that we are all preggo on here now so it must be tougher for you :hugs: and also I think you must be busy working, hope it's going well. It will be your turn soon hun, promise xxx

Thanks Mel - I just hate being tired during the day when I have all this studying to do!!! :(

TOTALLY sympathize I was COMPLETELY and UTTERLY EXHAUSTED for about 3 months and I mean EXHAUSTED - this exhausted :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

It's not just the broken or lack of sleep making you tired, you'd still feel tired after 12 hours sleep I think. All great signs though!! xxx

Jess - I had HORRIBLE pregnancy induced insomnia in the first trimester. I would wake up between 3 and 5AM and get up and go watch tv and then just take naps later if I could. It was terrible! It did go away though, so don't worry but that's a great sign!!
I do produce a ton of milk - which is great - but I do hope we have room for it! lol I freeze two 5oz bags a day. Thankfully we have an extra chest freezer that isn't too full right now thanks to a recent thunderstorm that knocked our power out and ruined all the food in there (ugh).

Mel - I'm so proud you guys are trying to keep the gender a surprise! I could never do that, I'm way too curious!

Rach - how's the job going??

Kelsey and Sam - how are you ladies doing??

AFM - I gained 46lbs during my pregnancy :blush: and as of this morning I'm down 31lbs! 15 more to go! I just ate a massive breakfast though lol Might have set myself back a bit :shrug: ohwell! I have a bridesmaids dress to fit into by the end of October. I tried to put on my old jeans last week and that was not pretty but I was only down 25lbs by then, so I'm getting closer! I'm assuming the last 5-10 will be the hardest but we'll see!

O-M-G---just typed a big thing, and lost it. PISSED!!!!!!! Pregnancy hormones are making me want to smash my computer! lol
Alright, well I guess I'll have to write later because my lunch is done now. boo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->