1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Rach - it sounds like methotrexate is only associated with major side-effects at high doses and sequential doses. It is used for the treatment of cancer which basically kills all cells that grow quickly, so lots of people suffer from digestive issues when they take it as your intestinal cells turnover quickly. It prevents the absorption of folic acid. It sounds like it's typically used for ectopic pregnancies as there is really no other way of stopping the pregnancy from growing aside from surgery. To be honest, I would ask for alternatives to this drug if you can. I think if it's the only option and your hcg levels are just hovering then you should only need one dose but if they're falling then I would definitely wait it out.
Any news from the doctor yet?

Nothing yet Rach!? My Dr. warned against taking medicine to speed up my miscarriage. I don't remember exactly why, but I think she just said it could be intense and still result in me needing a D&C.
Yay Oakley!!! How long did he end up sleeping? I think it'd be fine if he took his sippy trainer with him to daycare. So don't stress yourself out, let him go at his own pace.
Happy 11 weeks Jess!!!! So sos ososososooo excited for next Friday!
Daycare has been kind of rough this week. Wednesday when I went to get her, her eyes were really red and puffy so I could tell she had been crying, and she's not a crier. So idk how long they let her cry, but it's really bothered me. Then another day, her voice sounded kind of hoarse, so I worried she was getting sick, or had been crying a lot. Well she wasn't sick, so again, I think she may have been crying a lot. This daycare is awesome, known all over and it was only by chance we got in. But, it's really upsetting me. What I think is happening is she's getting hungry the last hour but they weren't giving her a bottle because it was so close to pick up time. Yest they did give her her bottle and she was fine then. Today I had Ryan STRESS that if she's fussy at all, she's hungry so give her her bottle ASAP. I don't care how close to pick up. Ugg....hope everybody has a good weekend!!

Thanks for all the info Lindsay. I'm definitely skeptical about taking it. I was reading about it online and was scared to even think about it. Like you said.. i'll try at all costs to not have to take the shot.

Dr called and i missed it. He did leave a msg and said.... my test is still positive and it's low. He said he wants to repeat bloods early next week so we can see where it's going. He said obviously it's still positive and something is still going on in me and he needs the blood work to determine what we need to do. So i called back and have an appt scheduled for Monday at 9. Does this mean there could possibly be hope? I know my chances are slim to none. Wish he would of told me my number. Damn.

Can you call back and ask to talk to the Doctor? If he wants to repeat the test I wonder if your hcg went up? Have you taken a pee test lately? what do they look like now?

I called back and my number went from 85 to 144 so def nothing good but something is still developing.

hmm...that's weird! could it be a new pregnancy by any chance? I've never heard of hcg going down and then back up again.

Same here. I am sooo confused by it all. What the heck is really going on? Did i have triplets in there? :haha:

I'm actually just reading about how that can happen with numbers going down and back up that you had more than one in there and if you lose one the numbers will go down and then the other one keeps growing and they go back up. you never know!

So Rach - what are they saying to those numbers? Is the doc going to call you? The numbers are very low and since they are going up not going down it seems they need to do something.

Really hoping I don't have an infection. I haven't bled in 2 days but when I wipe it has yellow tint on the tp. No clumps or anything. I had a bad headache all day and honestly I've felt so many things going on in my uterus area. Like little pricks. Nothing painful at all. I guess more like twinges I can just feel something different. My boob is hurting on and off. Ugh ... wtf is going on

:hugs: rach I wish I could sort all this out for you. The numbers are low but as they are going up maybe there is some retained tissue in there. I hope you get answers tomorrow when the Dr calls.

thanks Sam. Bleeding has stopped for the last couple days. Took a test and the line is faint. So maybe my body is finally realizing and accepting the loss? Guess we will see tmrw with the blood work. No yellow today on the tp. So that's good.

It does suck. Especially feeling hopeful, then it ruined and then hopeful again to just have it ruined once more. I just got back from my appt. I didn't get to see my dr. Nurse drew the blood and said i could call back around 330 to get my results. Waiting game begins again. I know it's not going to be good. The plus side if its low, is that i won't need the shot and i'll soon be on clomid. The plus about it doubling is there's still hope, but at the same time it could mean something dangerous. At this point i guess i should be happy if it's low. It sucks and hurts to say that, but it's the cold hard truth.

Just went to the bathroom to take another test and when i looked at my urine it was bloody. When i wiped it had very tiny little clots or tissue? I think the miscarriage is starting. Honestly, i'm happy because i'm so sick of this mind torture every day. I feel so nauseous right now. I think it's because of the realization that it's soon to be over. I'll just be happy to move forward and start clomid. I hope that is my rainbow maker. I just hope this whole bleeding/miscarriage thing doesn't draw out to be a long process too.

:hugs: So sorry Rach....I hope it's painless (physically) for you. You are so right on with your positive thinking. It SO sucks this one wasn't meant to be, but your body is doing what it needs to do and it's bringing you closer to your rainbow. Clomid I think is exactly what you need, I'm really excited for you to start it. Do you have off today?

Khloe has her first awful cold. She's a green snot machine. Saturday night we were up every hour with her, I was really worried she maybe had an ear infection. Last night she slept better, so I'm hoping it was just the congestion bothering her. I just feel awful that she's at daycare with strangers and crying babies. Just what you want when you feel like crap.

Sam I saw on fb that lil Ben is on antibiotics---what's wrong with sweet Ben?

Oh, and 2nd month in a row of really late OV! Here I am CD20 and no ovulation yet. Does anybody know if antibiotics can affect a cycle like this? Last month I blamed it on the mastitis and antibiotics, and I wonder if it's the same thing this time. I hope so, because I hope my body's not more screwed up now after a baby than it was before.

:-( you have a great attitude rach! this is such a hard thing to go through especially with all the waiting! I hope your numbers are low too so we can get you that rainbow baby! I think Clomid will b just what you need!

Kelsey - I think breastfeeding causes issues with cycles, right? my sister in law is going to stop breastfeeding at 1 so that her cycle will regulate and she can get pregnant again. plus I think the antibiotics do mess with not only your cycle but your temperature.
poor khloe! we were up every hour with Oakley last night but I think he just had to poop lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->