2014 June Rainbows

Yay pink!!! It's a wonderful sound isn't it? Xx

Back from scan and all is good. A very active little one with an official due date of 10 June. Next appointment not until 23 January now- ages away!!!xx

Congrats Lala wonderful news! Why do u go so long between appt or is that ur next scan date?

Back from scan and all is good. A very active little one with an official due date of 10 June. Next appointment not until 23 January now- ages away!!!xx

Congratulations LalaR
Imagine I usually feel nervous on behalf of thread members going on a scan and usually pray that everytime I log in, there will be good news. I am happy to get some good news. My next appointment is Dec 18 so not so far off. I have learnt p
patience.

Ushindi - congrats - another wonderful step in the right direction! I have a question for you - you said your blood pressure had been rising - I noticed that my blood pressure has been higher than normal (just over the average, usually it's low) both times it was tested this pg. Is there a reason this can happen? Is it anything to worry about this early on?

Ella_Hopeful
As long as your blood pressure is within the normal range, the doctor will not worry. Our bodies are busy right now making the baby so this is bound to increase our blood pressure.

I was told by doctor and also read that it is normal for blood pressure to increase during pregnancy. But the increament should be within the healthy range. So if your blood is within the healthy range even though it is higher, that is okay and you have nothing to worry about.

However, if it goes beyond the healthy range, the doctors usually worry and will work to bring it down to normal range. Not controlling blood pressure can result in pre eclampsia which is a life threatening condition.

Had my NT scan. All went really well. I won't have my bloods for two weeks but the scan was so good the geneticist is not worried. Heard the heartbeat, my babes hands open and close, the NT is perfect, 10 fingers and toes, 4 chambers to the heart (which typically you can't see this early), organs working properly, three layers to the cord, to sides of the brain with proper division, nasal and jaw bone - it's all there and the correct size, and measuring one week ahead. He said they only change the due date if dates are ahead by 9 days or more so sticking with June 4.

We will start telling friends this week and told extended family last night.

Wonder... that's fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Had my NT scan. All went really well. I won't have my bloods for two weeks but the scan was so good the geneticist is not worried. Heard the heartbeat, my babes hands open and close, the NT is perfect, 10 fingers and toes, 4 chambers to the heart (which typically you can't see this early), organs working properly, three layers to the cord, to sides of the brain with proper division, nasal and jaw bone - it's all there and the correct size, and measuring one week ahead. He said they only change the due date if dates are ahead by 9 days or more so sticking with June 4.

We will start telling friends this week and told extended family last night.

This is great news! So happy for you!

I'm getting my NT scan in exactly 24 hours! So nerve wracking!

Wonder - congrats on your scan!!!

Is anyone else having difficulty staying positive when the pregnancy is invisible? When I suck my bloated stomach in I'm as flat as a pancake and it makes me nervous... even though I've read the uterus doesn't rise up until 12 weeks. Shouldn't there be SOMETHING there???

Ella, I thought the same thing and it really worried me... but baby's heart is beating away, Thanks to my Doppler I reassured myself that baby is still happy and healthy? In there!!! I can't wait until Thursday to use it again. I've told myself I can only use it once a week, but have used it last night .... o well, twice this week shouldn't hurt right?

congrats wonder!!!!

ella I agree! it also makes me more nervous for my scan coming up on Monday!!! I cant wait but at the same time I can lol

We started to tell our friends and extended family last night. Since I am so small and have a bit of a belly now people were already guessing. It's all starting to feel real and exciting!

I know how you feel. I rolled over in bed last night and definitely felt a firmness in my low tummy that wasn't there a week or two ago. All very real. We decided to tell everyone at the start of the week since I've reached 12 weeks now. Shocked is most people's reaction!!!

Had the scan and consult yesterday- everything is perfect and bub passed with flying colours!

I started calling my grandparents and cousins last night to tell them, it seems so surreal though. I haven't put on any weight at all but my body has changed shape a bit. I just want a bump now to prove it really is happening!

Its also funny that I have been wanting to shout it from rooftops since I poas, but now its hard to know what to do and who to tell. I don't really want to do a FB announcement as we all know how much it hurts if you are struggling with a loss or fertility problems.

How is everyone else feeling? its amazing we are all coming up to second tri! Woohoo!

Hi ladies
I am 14 weeks today. Its been 2 weeks since hearing the heartbeat and I am curious to see little bean. I am going for a self prescribed private scan tomorrow and also seeing another obs/gyn privately just to get a second perspective on issues - especially 2nd trimester risks and how to manage them. I go back to my regular gyn on 18 Dec.

I have also been on Pelvic rest since BFP and DH has been really patient. So i have just been curious on when to resume sex. Any of you on pelvic rest? When do you resume your regular sex life?

Its true, it gets easier past 12 weeks but the worry can still grip from time to time. Praying all goes well tomorrow. Cheers!!

Had the scan and consult yesterday- everything is perfect and bub passed with flying colours!

I started calling my grandparents and cousins last night to tell them, it seems so surreal though. I haven't put on any weight at all but my body has changed shape a bit. I just want a bump now to prove it really is happening!

Its also funny that I have been wanting to shout it from rooftops since I poas, but now its hard to know what to do and who to tell. I don't really want to do a FB announcement as we all know how much it hurts if you are struggling with a loss or fertility problems.

How is everyone else feeling? its amazing we are all coming up to second tri! Woohoo!

Sure a relief to be in second tri (14 weeks for me). As for telling people, I changed my mind about it and plan to keep a low profile in December so in January, people can guess for themselves. I have only told selected family members. Cant wait for the bump to grow so that one look at me will be come a loud announcement! I am already checking online for maternity dresses for January ready for the big reveal!

Ushindi, wow 14 weeks already, that is so exciting!

I like your plan on laying low then "blooming". Let everyone work it out!

I've already got a bump... and I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow.. we are not telling anyone until 15 weeks, so I imagine I'll really have a nice bump, so it'll be exciting to see everyone's reaction!!! :) I can't believe 2nd tried is just around the corner... it's a good feeling, but in the same time I know I need to just get through my scan on Friday!!! I'm so anxious!!!

pink - is it a real bump or just bloat???

I know I said this before but I'm STILL so nervous baby isn't growing because I don't have a hint of a bump or anything when I breath in :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->