• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 June Rainbows

It must be so amazing to see a heartbeat...

I'm so nervous - my progesterone and estradiol went down even though my beta tripled. I keep thinking it means something bad is happening. Monday will be a scan just to see if there's a sac and MAYBE a fetal pole if I'm lucky.

Last m/c was twin blighted ovums so I'm petrified of going and seeing an empty sac again.

So sorry that you're so nervous. I had a blighted ovum as well in May. You shouldn't have to worry about a blighted ovum though if your beta tripled. Generally they rise slower with blighted ovum. I do know how you feel though. My midwife did an US at my first apt when I was 4+4 and it was still too early to see anything abdominally. I'm biting my nails waiting for next Friday to see a heartbeat

So sorry that you're so nervous. I had a blighted ovum as well in May. You shouldn't have to worry about a blighted ovum though if your beta tripled. Generally they rise slower with blighted ovum. I do know how you feel though. My midwife did an US at my first apt when I was 4+4 and it was still too early to see anything abdominally. I'm biting my nails waiting for next Friday to see a heartbeat

Thanks!

The problem is, the blighted ovum was twins (I was on clomid) and so my levels did triple to begin with, from 97 to 315 in 2 days. I know this pg is different, because it was natural so is surely only 1 baby, and my test line is getting much darker - today (about 22DPO) it was ALMOST the same as the control on a cheap internet test, and I didn't get that with the blighted ovums until much later, after I knew everything had gone very, very wrong.

Even to see that there is actually a fetus this time would be something. Even if it goes wrong (I really hope not) then it won't feel like I was cheated - with the blighted ovums I felt it was like I was never really pregnant and it wasn't ok to feel a loss for babies that never existed for a second.

I hope you get to see the heartbeat!

Thanks!

The problem is, the blighted ovum was twins (I was on clomid) and so my levels did triple to begin with, from 97 to 315 in 2 days. I know this pg is different, because it was natural so is surely only 1 baby, and my test line is getting much darker - today (about 22DPO) it was ALMOST the same as the control on a cheap internet test, and I didn't get that with the blighted ovums until much later, after I knew everything had gone very, very wrong.

Even to see that there is actually a fetus this time would be something. Even if it goes wrong (I really hope not) then it won't feel like I was cheated - with the blighted ovums I felt it was like I was never really pregnant and it wasn't ok to feel a loss for babies that never existed for a second.

I hope you get to see the heartbeat!

So odd that you would get blighted ovum with twins...what days were you taking clomid? I know they say if you take it 3-7 that you have more follies but they're lower quality. It's good that your tests are getting darker though, that was a comfort to be this time as well. The test I took the day I got my bfp last time was at 15dpo, this time it was 12dpo and they were the same. Then I took one t 13dpo and it was as dark as the test I took at 18dpo last time. So obviously my levels were progressing better.

I know what you mean though. Seeing and empty sac does make you feel cheated. When I went for my miscarriage last time, the US tech said I was measuring 4+6 when I should have been about 6+1 and swore she saw a yolk sac but neither my sister or I saw it. When I met with my midwife a few days later she confirmed I had a blighted ovum as I had thought. And I felt similarly when I first miscarried. I felt like I shouldn't be that upset since there was never a yolk sac or a fetal pole, but there was an embryo to start and we were pregnant so we have every right to be upset at our losses.

Thank you! I sure hope so too

Can I join you ladies? I am VERY caustiously pregnant after my miscarriage and D&C Sept 12th. Really hoping this is my rainbow!! By my dates, my EDD would be June 23rd.

HI ladies! hope everyone is doing ok!

I got my results back from my blood draws on Monday/Wednesday and my #'s more than doubled! Have an u/s next week to check for blighted ovum since I had one in June.

Prays we see a bean!

Hello ladies!! I'm pregnant with my rainbow after my youngest was stillbirth August 9th, 2013. I had my first scan on Thursday (18th), however the ultrasound technician never told me my EDD. She said baby measured 7 weeks exactly which should put me at June 4th or June 5th. I'll find out from my midwife this Thursday (unless she wants to do a scan herself) :thumbup:

Hi all the new members and congrats on your BFPs.

I have made it to 6+3 with no bleeding which has never ever happened before. Today I have felt unbelievably nauseous. Not helped by the fact that my baby girl was quite pukey due to a food allergy. Hoping tomorrow is a bit better for both of us. Only 4 more days until my early scan. Nervous and excited too. Xx

My first doc appointment isn't until the 30th. I'm nervous but hopeful. I have figured out though that by the time we get a first scan, I'll be past the point where nugget stopped growing last time and as long as all is ok at that point, my mind can ease a bit.

Glad to see so much good news over the past few days.

Congrats to all those who recently had scans and welcome to those who recently joined.

My first miscarriage was a chemical, my second was 8 weeks by ovulation but 7+4 by LMP (I ovulated early that month). Today I am 7+4 and no spotting! Feels like a long time ago that I saw the heartbeat and I have another week and 1/2 until my next scan. Just trying to stay positive. The pregnancy has been frighteningly easy so far -other than a few day/moments here and there. I can't sleep in the mornings and get tired during the day, sometimes I can't stop eating and other times I can't eat anything. No vomiting yet but I am trying to enjoy it rather than let it make me nervous. Oct. 31 (next scan) cannot come soon enough!!!

Hi all, seems like lots of good news around here lately! Its lovely to see.

I'm on a bit of a high as we just got back from my first obgyn appointment which included a scan where we saw a little pea measuring perfectly with a great heart beat!

Hubby and I are thrilled! We also booked in our next 8 months of appointments which is exciting.

Also really pleased with the doctor, he is just lovely and so knowledgeable. Things are looking good :)

Hi girls! Nice to see all the great news!

I'm so nervous... I went for a scan today at around 5 weeks 4 days, and saw the right size sac, with a yolk sac, but no baby or heartbeat yet :( Don't know whether that's normal or not, doc. says it's ok I'm just early, and I'm going back next week! If I don't see a heartbeat then... I don't even wanna think about it!!

Hi Ella, congratulations. It all sounds good so far. I don't think they can see anything more until 6 weeks so try and not panic yet. With my 1st we couldn't see anything until 8 weeks which was scary but everything worked out in the end. xx

Hi Ella, congratulations. It all sounds good so far. I don't think they can see anything more until 6 weeks so try and not panic yet. With my 1st we couldn't see anything until 8 weeks which was scary but everything worked out in the end. xx

I agree, try not to worry too much! Everyone and every pregnancy is different, we each see our baby(ies) and heartbeats at different times :) My first I didn't know I was pregnant until 20w4d- my 2nd, we didn't see a baby or heartbeat until 6 weeks 5 days and with Elijah, we didn't see anything (nothing) until 5 weeks, him at about 7 weeks and then heartbeat at 8 weeks!

:hugs:

Ella - many times at 5+4 a yolk can't even be seen yet. Try not to worry. It sounds like you are right on schedule.

Elizabean - congratulations!!!! So glad to hear your scan went well!

Ahh so embarrassed!! Sorry ladies, I didn't even read which part of the forum this was in! Sorry girls :blush: no need to add me in :flower:

Ooops, I forgot to say, Dr has put my due date forward to 4th June, because I'm a diabetic he wont let me go past 39 weeks. I'm ok with that, get to meet bub sooner!

I delivered Baby Hope at 8:55pm tonight. Elijah now has a playmate with him. I got to see baby Hope, it's amazing how perfect they look so early on. I got to see Hope's head, eyes, little arms and legs and the very little cord.... :cry: :sadangel:

I'm so sorry to hear that Radiance :( :( :( Did you have any warning that this would happen? Feel good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->