2014 March Rainbows

Congratulations staysea :) have you copied the BB code? That's the code that you need to put into your sig x

Could I join please?

People think I'm over reacting and reading too much into things so it'll be good to speak to ladies who understand... My BBs used to be really sore but this morning only one of them is a tad sore and the other feels fine, I saw a lady post about this on the first page too.. It's so scary and I need to stop panicking but it's difficult :dohh:

Any advice and support would be great :) Xxx

Hey Amy! I think I remember you from the TTCAL board! I'm due in February if everything goes well. I hate when people talk to me like I'm overreacting! I think anyone who has been through a loss completely understands the fear! A loss really takes away your confidence in the process, so OF COURSE we worry!

My BB soreness comes and goes, as do some of my other symptoms. We actually had an emergency scan on Monday (at 9w6d) because so many of my symptoms went away over the weekend and I was CONVINCED something had happened. But there was my little bean, moving his/her little arms and his/her little heart was beating away! That was a really good reminder for me that symptoms DO come and go, but everything can still be fine! The worrying isn't gone (and I'm not sure it will ever be, until I have a healthy baby crying in my arms.. and then I'll just worry about other stuff!), but it does get a little easier as time goes by.

Welcome AmyTrisha,

I'm terrified as well. My advice and how I'm handling it is to literally take it one second at a time. I won't let myself go there in terms of thinking about gender, delivering, names, etc.

I'm so glad I'm not alone Lucy! My mother-in-law asked me last night if we were going to take Lamazze classes and I honestly told her that I haven't thought AT ALL about that late in my pregnancy. Right now, it's just getting through each day and being grateful when I'm still pregnant at the end of the day. When I do look ahead, it's short term things, like telling myself I just need to make it to my next doctor's appointment. I find focusing on the short term milestones (first scan, next scan, next doctor's appointment, etc) make the fear much more manageable. I have not thought AT ALL about names, nursery colors, delivering, etc. I figure I have plenty of time to get to that later if everything is still going well in a couple of months.

Thank you amytrish I think I figured it out!:thumbup:

Wow lots of you with March 20 as due date, so fun!!

although now the date is wrong in the ticker, can you let I am new at this hahaha. gotta try again

Hey Amy! I think I remember you from the TTCAL board! I'm due in February if everything goes well. I hate when people talk to me like I'm overreacting! I think anyone who has been through a loss completely understands the fear! A loss really takes away your confidence in the process, so OF COURSE we worry!

My BB soreness comes and goes, as do some of my other symptoms. We actually had an emergency scan on Monday (at 9w6d) because so many of my symptoms went away over the weekend and I was CONVINCED something had happened. But there was my little bean, moving his/her little arms and his/her little heart was beating away! That was a really good reminder for me that symptoms DO come and go, but everything can still be fine! The worrying isn't gone (and I'm not sure it will ever be, until I have a healthy baby crying in my arms.. and then I'll just worry about other stuff!), but it does get a little easier as time goes by

Hey, I remember you too from TTCAL & MC Support I think?
Thank you so much, most people really don't understand and I think it definitely takes a loss for people to realise how precious/scary pregnancy can be!
How did you get your scan hun? I'm seriously thinking about asking for an early reassurance scan but many people have told me I'm unlikely to get one :( so many things are worrying me!

I'm so glad your scan went ok and lil bubs is in there happy and healthy. I know what you mean, I won't stop worrying til then either and tbf even after then we'll be worrying lol! I'm taking things one day at a time.

Thanks again for your understanding words, H&H pregnancy to you x

My doctor is incredible. She told me after my miscarriage that she would get me in for an early scan next time, to help me relax. So I had a scan at 6w6d (baby measuring one week behind, because I ovulate a week later than normal) and we were actually able to see the heartbeat then. When I noticed my symptoms disappearing three weeks later, I just called the office and said that I was really anxious that my symptoms seemed to be going away and I wanted another ultrasound to make sure everything was still ok. My doctor was more than happy to order another one, even though I'm not considered high risk and everything was fine at the first one. Even the tech who did the second ultrasound said she was so glad that I called because she knows how difficult pregnancy after a MC can be and they don't want me to be worried all of the time!

I would absolutely call and ask! It certainly can't hurt. And if they say no and you do really want one, you can always consider switching providers. It's meant so much to me (words really can't express it) to have a doctor who really understands what I'm going through and wants to do everything she can to make me feel good about this pregnancy, emotionally as well as physically.

I hope you're able to get an early scan!! They can definitely help you relax (at least for a little while, LOL!).

H&H pregnancy to you too!! xoxo

My hcg more than doubled from 1200 to 2800 in 48 hours, so my first little bit of excitement to celebrate.
I am also getting a 6 week scan to ease some worry. My doctor is also great and knows it will help me relax a bit. So next Thursday I go for one, and it cant come fast enough!!

They don't really do early scans in the UK as if they scanned every nervous pregnant woman the NHS would collapse. Also I think they see it as what will happen will happen. I had an early scan, for medical reasons, with my MMC - saw a baby with heartbeat and then no heartbeat at next scan. In a way it was more heartbreaking having previously seen baby with a heartbeat and being told there was a very high chance of the pregnancy progressing after that x x

Depends how demanding you are. I got one last week, but they thought it could be ectopic, but the EPU gave me a follow up in three weeks. It feels so long, plus I'm starting to get more nervous as I started to spotting/bleeding around 7 weeks and I'm not far that now.

@Nat - I know that having an early scan doesn't mean for sure baby is gonna be ok but last time baby died 3 weeks before I found out and I know this sounds really horrible so please don't take it the wrong way but I'm petrified of carrying my baby and thinking its alive when it's not for that long again. If they do find out something's wrong then they'll start me off MCing themselves and I won't have to wait for weeks.. I'm not sure I'd be able to go through another natural miscarriage, last time I ended up losing too much blood and had to stay in hospital .. I'm petrified of this happening again x

@Mummy2o & Staysea - good luck for your scans! X

@topanga - your dr sounds lovely, in my surgery you basically get whichever doctor your given (there's only 5) so I never actually have a set dr. It definitely would ease my mind, even if its just for a week! I'm waking up every hour in the night to check if I'm bleeding, I'd like one peaceful night!
My first dr appt is today, so I'm gonna ask then.. Ill update once I've been! Thanks for your advice xx

I had my BETA bloods checked again today and they have gone up from 6600 at 5 weeks to 21,200 today at 5+3 :happydance:

I know the number itself doesn't mean anything, it's the doubling....but it just makes me feel better that it's going up nicely. Just gotta continue to double! :)

@Nat - I know that having an early scan doesn't mean for sure baby is gonna be ok but last time baby died 3 weeks before I found out and I know this sounds really horrible so please don't take it the wrong way but I'm petrified of carrying my baby and thinking its alive when it's not for that long again. If they do find out something's wrong then they'll start me off MCing themselves and I won't have to wait for weeks.. I'm not sure I'd be able to go through another natural miscarriage, last time I ended up losing too much blood and had to stay in hospital .. I'm petrified of this happening again xx

I had exactly the same thing. Baby had died quite a few weeks before I found out. I had an ERPC but lost a lot of blood so I too had to stay in hospital so it's not that I don't understand or feel the same way to an extent.

However, I just don't think it'd be fair for someone to take up a scan spot just because they are worried as someone coming in with a ruptured ectopic or something else serious might then have to wait.

I think if a scan is wanted for purely reassurance reasons it should be paid for privately xx

I had my BETA bloods checked again today and they have gone up from 6600 at 5 weeks to 21,200 today at 5+3 :happydance:

I know the number itself doesn't mean anything, it's the doubling....but it just makes me feel better that it's going up nicely. Just gotta continue to double! :)

Great news xx

I've got my next beta tomorrow, fingers crossed!

@Dream - Congratulations :)x

@Nat - if I had a scan and somebody else had an emergency they'd be going to a different hospital anyway, my doctors sends people to a smaller hospital for scans, they'd only tell me to go to the main hospital if it was an emergency.
I wouldn't be able to afford a private scan for a while so I might as well wait for my 12wks? I understand what you saying but I do have quite a few concerns, ill just see what my dr thinks - like I said I might not get one, but its always worth a try imo. Sorry if I offended you or anything xx

@Dream - Congratulations :)x

@Nat - if I had a scan and somebody else had an emergency they'd be going to a different hospital anyway, my doctors sends people to a smaller hospital for scans, they'd only tell me to go to the main hospital if it was an emergency.
I wouldn't be able to afford a private scan for a while so I might as well wait for my 12wks? I understand what you saying but I do have quite a few concerns, ill just see what my dr thinks - like I said I might not get one, but its always worth a try imo. Sorry if I offended you or anything xx

You haven't offended me at all and I understand completely where you are coming from. Once bitten twice shy, right?

I think my opinion is that I'd rather NHS resource and money be spent on viable pregnancies than early pregnancy which is a big unknown and where the inevitable is just that.

I went into premature labour with my son twice and they managed to stop it both times and I was so grateful for that cos he eventually came 3 days before his due date but if he'd have come when I first went into labour he'd have had a lot of problems.

So from a personal level I'd much rather money be spent on neo-natal wards and staff than EPAUs scanning us neurotic first triers :haha: xx

Yeah I understand the NHS needs money to be spent in more severe departments, but so many women on here do get an early scan due to worrying and it helps them, I think if others are entitled then so should I..
Ofc if early scans didn't exist then the NHS paid thousands just to give me one, I'd be against it because I'm not that special .. But it happens everyday and if it'll make me enjoy my pregnancy a little more or if it'll avoid me going through what I went through last time then why not :shrug: xx

I think a certain amount of "lying" and "stretching the truth" goes on sometimes. Not that I'm suggesting you would do that.

I would say if your GP does refer you, don't go before 8 weeks xx

I am in Australia so scans here are a little different. With my first pregnancy, with it being a Fertility Assisted Pregnancy and my HCG not performing, then I was sent for an emergency scan early. This pregnancy was conceived whilst I waited for IVF so I am still under the Fertility Clinic where it's standard protocol to have a scan at around 7 weeks before being signed over to Ob care.

In Australia Medicare (Our version of NHS) pays for only so much of the scan...the rest is paid by me. I am going to a private ultrasound place so the out of pocket will be more BUT, as I have been through so much in the last year (Medicare runs each calendar year), it means the part that medicare pays goes up. I am out of pocket about $4000 in medical bills so medicare will pay up to 80% of my medical bills until December when it resets itself.

The only scan I will ask for which will be out of the ordinary here is one at around 16 weeks as this is when I lost my last baby...BUT my Ob has a scanner in her office, so will just get her to scan me at my Ob appointment at that time.

I think a certain amount of "lying" and "stretching the truth" goes on sometimes. Not that I'm suggesting you would do that.

I would say if your GP does refer you, don't go before 8 weeks xx

My GP might not give me a scan, but I'd certainly never tempt fate by lying to get one!
I think a lot of people get scans due to worrying, they're called reassurance scans for a reason.. Anybody who lies to get their own way are sick.

I'm hoping to get it around 7-8 weeks, we'll see anyway xx

I wasn't aware reassurance scans were available on the NHS. I thought the policy was high risk or 3 previous miscarriages.

But if I'm wrong, and they are, then you might as well get one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"